Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Thank God I took a screenshot of my past history when they started having troubles. I am irritated, though, because there is no way for me to know if they've updated my credits prior to my upcoming cruise. Based on my boarding docs, they still have me listed with my former status. I guess I could bring the pin they gave me on my last cruise. Even though they gave me the wrong one onboard and I had to request the right one.

and ironically, I have no problem acessing my records.

But the warnings are good so I best take a screen shot in case.

We are due to have our silver medal - yes, I know, who cares, but we are sailing with friends who started on the Old N Amsterdam with us. Our first HAL cruise. We started together and we will do this together after many years of not sailing together. Silly, I know - but it will be special for us in our own special way. ;)

Earlier today I was getting the new webpage and there is no link to your cruise history from the new version.

I went into my browser preferences (Safari) and deleted the cookie for the Holland America site. I re-started the browser and the old HAL webpage came up and I could get to my cruise history.

You might try deleting the HAL cookie if you can only access the new HAL webpage

Thanks for the heads-up. I got a screen shot of our cruise history, thanks to this thread. (We still get the old version of the website.)

Pathetic response from HAL imho.

Totally agree with you on that. Feel good fluff does not cut it in this day and age.

Check your points.

I just checked ours and they dropped 5 spending points from our last cruise (24 day Westerdam) from 8 down to 3.

HC and laundry alone gets you 3 points on a 24 day cruise. We had another 2 points worth of excursions (still have the confirmation e-mails), Did cellar masters and specialty restaurants, another point and I haven't even bought a drink yet. I sent in a request to get the points back.

Just logged onto the regular HAL web site and went my account...and all the Mariner's credits were there with no changes. Used Opera as my browser. And yes, we did take a screen shot for future reference.

Hank

I just went to HAL's cite -- had no problems seeing my cruise history -- day's, ships, etc.

I used Chrome.

I'm on Chrome/Windows 7. When I go to Holland America it's the new site.

I also have IE (still Windows 7). Using that, I got the old site. Printed off my Mariner info (just in case).

Aww. That is so nice Kazu. Definitely take a screenshot. Are you able to see your status in the new format or can you still access the old?

Still accessing the old (it's book marked ;) )

I did get the screen shot, thanks to this thread.

If you booked a new cruise on board and your star level changed during that cruise, the new reservation may not show up with new status. Suggest you open a chat with HAL and ask them to update your status as I did with immediate results.

Still accessing the old (it's book marked ;) )

I did get the screen shot, thanks to this thread.

Jacqui, congrats on your 300 days and silver medallion! I have it in sight but it won't happen this year... probably next year. :)

I find that Safari is usually giving a bit of trouble accessing the HAL website. I haven't used IE(xploder) in 15 years or so, either Mac or Linux for me .

But HAL has as close connection with Microsoft , so maybe that's why ......:rolleyes:

Mariner History comes up ok, though.

I was just at HAL site and could find no way (as we coudl in the past) to get to my Mariner cruise record

The HAL site is awfu l and not improving

Edited by sail7seas

After reading the most recent post I again decided to access my Mariners Account at HAL. No problem at all and all the functions are fine. I am using a PC (not an Apple product) and Opera as my browser. I also had no problem when using Google Chrome as the browser. But IE (Internet Explorer) does seem to have issues and could not even access my Mariners Account or even find a way (there was nothing that pointed to "accounts")

So my suggestion to folks would be to download either the Opera Browser (this is a terrific open source browser that is free and it will not mess up your PC) or Google Chrome (also free). Another alternative is to clear out your cache and history on your IE browser....close the browser and then reopen. Once you go to HAL's site you should then be able to get into your account.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner