Does Celebrity offer a Mexican Riv. turtle excursion

a1moty

I noticed another poster on the Mexican Riviera thread talking about a turtle excursion that they had taken on Carnival--does anyone know if X has something similiar? If so, at which port--and what is the excursion called? Many thanks!

I noticed another poster on the Mexican Riviera thread talking about a turtle excursion that they had taken on Carnival--does anyone know if X has something similiar? If so, at which port--and what is the excursion called? Many thanks!

There is one in Acapulco. We have it booked already. Here is the info from the Celebrity website.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Sea Turtle Interactive Release Program

Approximate Duration: 4 Hours

Adult: 48.00 (USD) | Child: 38.00 (USD)

This is a unique opportunity for a select group of guests to participate in a very worthwhile cause. Participants will have the chance to free just born sea turtles back to the sea.

Departing the pier, you'll drive through downtown Acapulco heading south along the coast as your guide talks about points of interest. Located approximately 20 miles from Acapulco is the Sea Turtle Rescue Center, located on a tranquil beach. The center is operated by a local environmentalist who works diligently to improve the chances of survival for this endangered species of Golfina sea turtles.

On arrival, you will be briefed on how the program works and how it is helping the environment. View baby turtles in various stages of development, from the eggs that they have rescued to the tanks holding the hatchlings that are ready to be returned to the sea. Walk with your baby turtle down to the shoreline where the turtles will be named before they are released to the wild. (The number of turtles that are ready for release may not always match the number of guests.) It usually takes about 25 minutes for the little turtles to scurry down into the surf and swim away.

Your participation in this program will go a long way towards protecting the turtles now and for future generations as a portion of the revenues from your visit will go to maintaining this very worthwhile program..

Your tour includes a snack and beverage as well as some time to watch the sun set from the center's palapa. Souvenirs are also available for purchase.

Thanks mkringen for your quick reply---

I had searched those lists but didn't see it--I guess I was looking too hard.

What do you think the chances are that we could do 2 excursions in Acapulco? We are there from 7 am to 11 pm.....I would also like to do the Cliff Divers/Bay Cruise.

So many choices!!

Hello,

On Mercury 11 day sailings (Celebrity Cruise Line) to the Mexican Riviera, there is a sea turtle release program as part of a tour that is offered from the port of Manzanillo. This is a nice tour because you get to release the turtles when they are very little back to the Pacific ocean, take an eco canal ride through some interesting areas and have a seafood lunch on the beach. I cannot recall how expensive the tour was but it allowed my wife and I to see quite a bit of the interior and beach areas of Manzanillo that we probably could not have done so on our own.

Fred

Archived