Any new Carnival sales coming out in a couple of days?

Galleon1234

Reduced deposits do not do much for me. I want a reduced total fare:)! Also wish Carnival would bring back" CARNIVAL FARE VIEWER". So much quicker than doing a dummy booking:)!

Don't hold your breathe.

Did you do a dummy booking or CF to find your price drop?

I just check specific times of each month using a mock booking with my VIFP #. We booked this cruise June 2017 and have had 17 price drops since then. I started noticing a pattern for certain days each month and have saved a total of $1770 off the price of our balcony cabin for 2. We have already booked another Journey cruise for 2019, hoping to gain some price drops next year also. :D

You have been a member here for a few years. Certainly, by now, you realize Carnival fares, even their so called sales, never vary in price more than $50 or $100 a cabin, or they include $50 OBC for a cabin.

I have had a very different experience. On our Mediterranean cruise a few years ago, we saved hundreds of dollars by continually checking the price and asking for a price adjustment when we saw the fare go lower. After our final payment date, the price went down even further and we ended up with several hundred dollars of OBC.

And on our upcoming Eastern Caribbean cruise, our balcony cabin has so far gone down $560 since we booked, and we have added $50 OBC for a total savings of $610 (so far!). My kids had an inside cabin and had several price drops -- and then got an offer from the upgrade fairy. They were able to upgrade to a balcony for $6 LESS than what they originally paid for their inside.

13cheermom has us beat by a long shot with 17 price drops, but the moral of the story is that price reductions are definitely possible and it is very much worth your time to search for them.

In my limited experience, it seems that you are likely to see these price drops over time if you book early. The closer you get to cruising, the less the price may vary as the ship gets close to selling out. I think the best strategy is to find the cruise you love, go ahead an book it well in advance to lock in the cabin you like, and then check often for price drops.

It only takes like 2 minutes to do a dummy booking, and I find time to do this several times a week to check for price drops. It has definitely paid off for us!

Good luck!

I just check specific times of each month using a mock booking with my VIFP #. We booked this cruise June 2017 and have had 17 price drops since then. I started noticing a pattern for certain days each month and have saved a total of $1770 off the price of our balcony cabin for 2. We have already booked another Journey cruise for 2019, hoping to gain some price drops next year also. :D

I have been checking most days for reductions on our 9/23 cruise. We booked under a past guest rate that include $50 obc and 2 category upgrade. We want our specific balcony room. Whenever I check, once you factor in $X/day x 7 days for selecting your own room the fare is always more than what we booked at.

We feel that we are still getting a reasonable price on our vacation, but I'll gladly take a price drop. Am I doing something wrong in my mock booking, or am I likely to not get any better rate due to the 2 category upgrade?

Thanks!

I have been checking most days for reductions on our 9/23 cruise. We booked under a past guest rate that include $50 obc and 2 category upgrade. We want our specific balcony room. Whenever I check, once you factor in $X/day x 7 days for selecting your own room the fare is always more than what we booked at.

We feel that we are still getting a reasonable price on our vacation, but I'll gladly take a price drop. Am I doing something wrong in my mock booking, or am I likely to not get any better rate due to the 2 category upgrade?

Thanks!

With cruising being in such high demand, the frequency and amount of price drops are not like in days past. While people still "dream" about getting price drops, in reality most fares just go up & up as the cruise approaches. A mock booking is the only way to accurately check the current rate.

Thanks!

To be honest on our regular 7-8 day cruises we haven’t seen the same type of price drops in the past. This cruise in November 2018 is a Journeys cruise and originally when booked last June was kinda pricey. However with all of the new ports and considering it is a 14-day cruise we thought it was worth it. Not sure if this is typical for Journey cruises but we did go ahead and book another one for November 2019 but slightly different itinerary. We always book past guest rate and try to book the L-shaped balcony cabins when available. I think the key is trying to book a cabin category that has a lot of inventory to price match to. But good luck and just keep trying. Our roll call seems to keep a good eye out for the price drops also so that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Way easier to check with Carnival Fare viewer that they took away and uninstalled.

I see a couple of you mentioned this Fare Viewer, what exactly was it?? I don't recall this tool on Carnival's website, when did they get rid of it?