Cruise cost comparison worksheet and quick view of loyalty program

I am always looking to find a good cruise deal and thinking of long term cruise in future, I tinker around in spreadsheet to see what make good sense. sometime main stream cruise line seem cheaper but then after adding costs (drinks, spec meal, gratuity, excursion, laundry, wifi, etc) sometimes luxury lines can be very competitive. So, I did a spreadsheet to kind of put few cruises line together to compare the actual cost. Hope some will find it useful.

1. First tab has Cruise Comparison worksheet (Blank worksheet, you plug in the cost)

2. second tab has What each cruise lines provided (it is short put together so it may not be comprehensive.)

3. Third tab has loyalty program overview (it has some of my opinion which you can ignore as everyone has diff needs.)

Cruise Comparison Chart Template2018.xls

Edited by ashank1m
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Extremely useful! Thank you. I have only taken one cruise, and after shopping around (ok, only a little), I ended up going with Regent. When it said on their site "call for quote", I ended up with an unadvertised really lower price! I do know they offer savings to book another while on board, but, it isn't something I can afford to do that often!

I have an Alaska cruise booked with Viking Ocean in 2019, but again, it was a limited time offer that included air, and TA got me additional savings. So keep that in mind-always be on lookout for specials

• 2 weeks later...
I am always looking to find a good cruise deal and thinking of long term cruise in future, I tinker around in spreadsheet to see what make good sense. sometime main stream cruise line seem cheaper but then after adding costs (drinks, spec meal, gratuity, excursion, laundry, wifi, etc) sometimes luxury lines can be very competitive. So, I did a spreadsheet to kind of put few cruises line together to compare the actual cost. Hope some will find it useful.

1. First tab has Cruise Comparison worksheet (Blank worksheet, you plug in the cost)

2. second tab has What each cruise lines provided (it is short put together so it may not be comprehensive.)

3. Third tab has loyalty program overview (it has some of my opinion which you can ignore as everyone has diff needs.)

Very useful, especially the third tab. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...