Luminae Guest Charge

lmklimmek

We were recently sailing on Silhouette with friends (all in suites) while their young adult children were not in suites. Over 14 days we all dined in Luminae every night except two. We also never saw any waits. The charges ($30pp) were spread over three different shipboard accounts. There was never a wait. More recently on Reflection (where there are more suites) we saw waits for tables so bringing guest into Luminae on this ship could present more of a problem.

For what it's worth, while on the Silhouette my husband and I dined one evening in Murano. The service was not nearly as good as Luminae. This was early evening when they were not busy so I don't know what the issue was. The food was good but no better than Luminae in our opinion. On our Reflection cruise two months later we didn't bother with any Specialty restaurants other than lunch in Sushi on 5 which was fabulous!

We had breakfast most mornings in Luminae and a couple of lunches. As previously mentioned without sounding like a complaining nellie, ate dinner most evenings in specialty restaurants. Did have a couple of dinners on the two week cruise in luminae, but not a great fan. We ordered a combo from regular mdr menu and luminae on those occasions. I enjoy the mdr onion soup. Service excellent

Hi Cruise a holic, We do enjoy Luminae and the service. My question is do the menu's in the specialty restaurants change?

I am a new cruiser on Celebrity, currently on Solstice, and I absolutely hate the policy that connects your dining room to a level of room. We have met people we are friendly with who are in suites and in regular balconies and because we are in Aqua class we can't just get together for dinner without paying a charge for a specialty restaurant or to eat in the 'suites' restaurant. This is ridiculous. On Azamara or Crystal cruises we can all eat together any time we wish. This is a true draw back to cruising on Celebrity and I hope enough people complain that they change this policy. Also in Blu there are no sharing tables so you don't meet other dinners easily. We like anytime dining and shareable tables where we meet others. Between this and no laundry I think Celebrity is shooting themselves in the foot. Otherwise we have really liked Celebrity.

• Like 1

I am a new cruiser on Celebrity, currently on Solstice, and I absolutely hate the policy that connects your dining room to a level of room. We have met people we are friendly with who are in suites and in regular balconies and because we are in Aqua class we can't just get together for dinner without paying a charge for a specialty restaurant or to eat in the 'suites' restaurant. This is ridiculous. On Azamara or Crystal cruises we can all eat together any time we wish. This is a true draw back to cruising on Celebrity and I hope enough people complain that they change this policy. Also in Blu there are no sharing tables so you don't meet other dinners easily. We like anytime dining and shareable tables where we meet others. Between this and no laundry I think Celebrity is shooting themselves in the foot. Otherwise we have really liked Celebrity.

We have never had a problem dining in the main dining room for anytime seating while we were in a suite. We have met other people that were not in a suite and we just went in as a group no issues at all, and obviously no additional cost.

We have met many people in Blu and ultimately had dinner with them throughout the cruise. Suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available basis, so if you wanted to have some guests from a suite join you it could be arranged by speaking to the MaitreD of Blu and or Luminae and no charge involved. Likewise you could join guests in Select dining in the MDR again by talking to the MaitreD

We wouldn’t be standing in line to complain to X about the separate dining rooms. We pay more to dine in Blu or Luminae. On Azamara Suite guests can dine in the 2 speciality restaurants at no charge, a privilege you pay for with the suite fare, but if we are in a veranda then we can’t join you in PrimeC or Aqualina without paying. Not all that different.

Having separate dining rooms, Blu for Aqua Class and Luminae for suites is one of the perks you get when you are willing to pay more for your cabin. Why should someone booking an ocean view cabin have the ability to dine in one of these dining rooms either for free or by paying?

Gofloat- This is really not an overly restrictive Celebrity policy. It is your own purchasing choice and decision. Just like the choice you made to cruise Crystal or Azamara. As others have stated, choose the dining room (usually MDR) that allows all of you to dine together. Or everybody can pay for Specialty dining. Suite members can join you in Blu or they can invite you to Luminae for a fee ($30 for dinner).

You can all go to the main dining room together.

Sounds like you'd be a great customer for another line. Many of use like the way Celebrity does things and it would appear that they tend not to have too much trouble filling their ships so whatever footshots might be fired seem to be missing their target...

We were recently sailing on Silhouette with friends (all in suites) while their young adult children were not in suites. Over 14 days we all dined in Luminae every night except two. We also never saw any waits. The charges ($30pp) were spread over three different shipboard accounts. There was never a wait. More recently on Reflection (where there are more suites) we saw waits for tables so bringing guest into Luminae on this ship could present more of a problem.

For what it's worth, while on the Silhouette my husband and I dined one evening in Murano. The service was not nearly as good as Luminae. This was early evening when they were not busy so I don't know what the issue was. The food was good but no better than Luminae in our opinion. On our Reflection cruise two months later we didn't bother with any Specialty restaurants other than lunch in Sushi on 5 which was fabulous!

Thanks NCHPCruiser; that’s encouraging. We are in a similar situation except our kids are younger and we can’t eat without them...or more accurately they can’t eat without us, except on nights we pawn them on grandma and grandpa or the au pair. I’m hoping to come up with some arrangement where we can bring them a few days, eat in MDR a few days, and ditch them with grandma a few days.

We are hoping that being in a cabin more than 2x the cost of a sky suite will also get us a little extra flexibility.

We were on the Reflection about a year ago in a Sky Suite - never could get into Blu. Later I was told it was because the Reflection has more Aqua rooms than other ships, but the dining room is the same size.

On my last cruise in Sky Suite we ran into some friends we didn't know were on the ship with us, and we went to breakfast with them in Blu. For breakfast, both Blu and Luminae are pretty similar.

At the end of the cruise, we took them to lunch in Luminae - it was 20.00 each. Kind of fun to have our waiter explain that it's impossible to eat a Luminae burger like a regular burger.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

......... He will not have the same drink package perk if you have that. 

Not strictly true. If you have a promotional drinks package perk it may only apply to the first an second guest but the premium package and unlimited Internet associated with RSs and PSs aply to all guests in suite (upto 4)

29 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Not strictly true. If you have a promotional drinks package perk it may only apply to the first an second guest but the premium package and unlimited Internet associated with RSs and PSs aply to all guests in suite (upto 4)

As well as the free specialty food charges all over the ship. It also applies to Signature, Reflection and Iconic Suites and the Edge Villas.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:43 AM, JennAngel9 said:

We are hoping that being in a cabin more than 2x the cost of a sky suite will also get us a little extra flexibility.

Being in a higher cabin technically does not make a difference to the situation. If you explain to your butler early in your cruise the dynamics of your group he will, however, do his best to liaise with the restaurants to accommodate you.

In our experience both Luminae and the speciality restaurants appreciate you prebooking especially for a larger group. Avoiding peak times also helps. If your family draft a provisional plan for dining each night (venue and time) and send it via the shoreside concierge it will be in place when you board. You can then modify it with your butler if you need to. If you read up about the speciality restaurants you will realise they all have their own styles. Le Petit Chef is ideal for a family meal, Murano’s lends itself more to a long leisurely adult focused dining experience. Matching evening dining venues to the events of the day enhances the experience.

I presume you are in a RS, PH or Reflection suite....An alternative pleasant dining venue in these rooms is to dine in. The RS has a comfortable dining table for 6, the PH if I remember correctly for 10. The butler will serve you course by course. If you prearrange this your butler will probably be able to offer options beyond the MDR and room service menu. For example, one evening he arranged an Indian banquet for us.

A much underrated dining experience, especially after a hectic port day, is the buffet. Nothing wrong with breaking up mid cruise fine dining with a simple plate of pasta, pizza or freshly grilled steak, chicken or salmon to enjoy! Just because you are in a suite doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the ship’s general venues.

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

• 1 year later...

Can someone please confirm current pricing for suite guests bringing a non suite guest to Luminae? 
Is it still $30 per/guest for dinner, $20 for lunch and $10 for breakfast ?? 
Thanks in advance.