Service animals,my service parrot

albingirl

That is correct. I only need to show my doctor's prescription, which is totally legitimate, and no one can question my service parrot. He is cute, by the way.

IMHO, a doctor's prescription a "qualified service animal" does not make. Maybe an emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animal.

Best to verify with HAL and the ADA from information given you in earlier posts. I would be most interested in their responses for future cruisers.

IMHO, a doctor's prescription a "qualified service animal" does not make. Maybe an emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animal.

Best to verify with HAL and the ADA from information given you in earlier posts. I would be most interested in their responses for future cruisers.

My doctor will do what's required. I always pay my copay. Plus, he loves my parrot! I trained him to say "I love you" when it's absolutely necessary.:D

That is correct. I only need to show my doctor's prescription, which is totally legitimate, and no one can question my service parrot. He is cute, by the way.

However, per the ADA, a service animal can only be a dog or a miniature horse. Sorry, no salty parrots allowed.

However, per the ADA, a service animal can only be a dog or a miniature horse. Sorry, no salty parrots allowed.

My autistic grandson, who is a runner, will have a GREAT DANE as a service dog in about a year and a half when he (the dog) is done being trained. (His other grandma is footing the $20,000 bill for that.) But by the time this pup is done growing, I think he might be LARGER than a miniature horse! (Patch will be an "anchor dog" so my grandson, who is big for his eight years of age, cannot run.) However, we have no intention of ever taking him (the grandson OR the dog) on a cruise. The ramifications of what might happen if something went wrong are too great for us to even consider it.

~Robin

Actually another poster is correct. No matter what you or your doctor says, your parrot will never be a service animal. Comfort animal, maybe. Therapy animal, maybe. But, alas, never a service animal. But don’t tell Franco... let him dream!

Too funny. Someone actually brought a small parrot into a restaurant here on Maui and perched it on a glass, with a napkin underneath. I thought it was paper till it moved.....well it started to squawk and the owner says, shut up, or you're going to the car! Only on Maui folks.........or maybe Key Largo??

They’d better not question him. He’s liable to say something off color.