Mariner Star - Timing

grsnovi

I believe that with out cruise days and suite "kicker" we ought to transition from 2 to 3 stars this cruise. Assuming that it true would I be able to "invoke" the 25% restaurant discount during this cruise? That would make me more inclined to try Sel de Mer...

I believe that with out cruise days and suite "kicker" we ought to transition from 2 to 3 stars this cruise. Assuming that it true would I be able to "invoke" the 25% restaurant discount during this cruise? That would make me more inclined to try Sel de Mer...

You get the benefit of your new level at the start of the next cruise after the level is obtained with the exception of world cruises.

There have been reports of people getting the upgrade on the second part of a B2B, but never when the level is reached during a cruise.

There have been a few reports of people getting bumped up to the higher level immediately provided only actual sea days are needed from the current cruise, not bonus credits from spending or suites. I suspect this is more likely to happen if you cross the line early in the cruise. It's worth a shot to ask!

Here's one:

We turned 3* one day into a 14 day cruise and they were more than happy to issue us a new ship card and "turn on" the perks.
Edited by catl331

You get the benefit of your new level at the start of the next cruise after the level is obtained with the exception of world cruises.

There have been reports of people getting the upgrade on the second part of a B2B, but never when the level is reached during a cruise.

We didn't get ours until after the end of our B to B

I was on a 50 plus day cruise a couple of years ago and converted to five star just four or five days in - yet I had to wait until my next cruise for the perks! Seemed a tad unfair considering the length of the cruise but that is how they did it on the Amsterdam at that time. I do to know if that has changed.