MITSUGIRLY has a JEWEL of a time on my 1st RC cruise in years!

7 Pages and you are not even on the ship. LOL

I was on that same sailing with you and will be looking to find myself in some of your pictures. With all of the detail that you provide, I think I will skip my puny review.

Thanks for allowing me to relive our trip.

Cheers

-F-

We were on this sailing too!! Look forward to reading your take on the worlds longest muster drill! We stayed the night before at La Concha on Condado and had a wonderful (though far more expensive) experience. Wish I could have shared my cold a/c with you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd be pretty confident to say that I highly doubt that hotel has a corporate office [emoji6]

While not up to US chain hotel standards, it really doesn't appear to be different from any other locally owned budget hotel anywhere else in the world. Would I stay there? No. But I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary for what it is IMO.

Is an almost two hundred dollar a night room budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Shannon12

Mitsugirly: I enjoyed your last review and am so glad I found this one. Love all the details and of course photos. Your daughter reminds me of mine when she was a youngster. Mine was a fish in the water, became a lifeguard to put herself through university, is a school teacher now and uses her vacation to continue scuba diving.

Your family is having wonderful experiences and making long lasting memories.

You were handed your VOOM login info at check-in? We were on Freedom last November and we had to go to guest services to get ours. I don’t think it was worth it, very slow and constant disconnection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Allure in January. The voom was great. No problems at all.

Kim, I have followed many of your reviews. Have enjoyed tagging along on your adventures and getting to know your family. Thanks so much for all your time and efforts for all your wonderful reviews. Much appreciated.

So excited to read about your adventure! I thought you were going to Mexico this time. I remember thinking that wouldn't be the best cruise for you and your family. The snorkeling and scuba is much better in the Caribbean and the water is much warmer.

Yay, the next Mitsugirly review is here, looking forward to it!

LOL it must be a PR thing. Exact same thing happened to my luggage when we sailed out of PR and I agree, dragging a damaged suitcase across those cobblestones was not a fun experience!

So how was the Voom Speed we are almost a year away but I figure while other things may change up and down the Internet could only stay the same or be faster :)

Love your reviews and we were on the Epic just after you did that review too!

My wife likes White Zinfandel and Arbor Mist. We were on a Celebrity cruise and she ordered a glass of White Zinfandel from our wine steward. He was crestfallen and said "I have working with you to choose wines that go with your meal and now you order this!" He did bring the white zinfandel. She now drinks mostly Pinot Grigio.:)

Ah! This review could not have come at a better time, as I am boarding the Jewel in little over a week (and flying to San Juan in less than a week)! Your reviews have always helped me so much on deciding what beaches to go to, and although we're taking a different route than you, I'm anxious to hear about your RCCL experience on the Jewel...this will be our first RCCL cruise, as I've become a big NCL fan! Can't wait to follow along! Hope the cruise was better than the hotel! ;p

I never even put my rings on. I usually have my fish eye on and when I take it off to snap some pictures, the ring never goes back on...even under water. I've never had a problem either thank goodness!

Thank you very much for the reassurance. I wasn't too worried about not having a ring on the camera when using it on land, but I was very worried about it under water. Knowing that you have used yours underwater with no ring in place makes me feel a lot better about using mine without a ring. Eventually, I will probably buy an updated model, but I'm waiting, hoping they will come out with a model that can go down deeper underwater. I know I could buy an underwater housing for the camera which would allow it to go deeper, but one of the things I like best about the Olympus is that I can use it in the water without a housing. I do have a SeaLife camera that I can use on deeper dives in it's housing, so I can wait and see what Olympus comes out with.

Good heavens that hotel. Reminds me of why we don’t go camping. Dirt, bugs, heat, humidity. That’s a lot of nope. To us camping is a 4 star hotel, as someone said, without room service.

Our experience with internet aboard RCI, both Liberty and Vision, is that we have had to log off one device before we can log onto the next one. Based on your experience, this might vary from ship to ship. And I’m with you about internet being a must-have. I couldn’t enjoy my time away without knowing work and my kids and kitties were ok.

Yay, I was waiting for you to start this review! I have read through your NCL and Carnival reviews, all of which provided me with plenty of information for our past Carnival cruises! Although not until 2020, we are booked on the Allure, a first time RCI cruise for us, so looking forward to your take on sailing with RCI. I enjoy your entertaining writing style, awesome photos and love your honesty!

Shelley

I am just starting to read this review, so sorry if this comment is a little late in coming and I hope no one else has already made a comment similar to mine.

While everyone has a different experience on a cruise, even on the same ship, your Allure cruise will be so completely different than this cruise on the Jewel. Only because the Allure is so completely different than the Jewel. Allure is much bigger and has much more to do. Not that the Jewel is a bad ship. Just way different.

Thanks for the review! I always enjoy them and I for one, enjoy all of the details of your cruise!

Merciful goodness that hotel was a DUMP. I'm heartbroken for them about the hurricane, but it strikes me that hotel was a dump BEFORE!!

So delighted to have hopped on at the beginning of another amazing review. And tell Sakari she is looking more beautiful and grown up every day.

Kim, honestly - I did not know whether to laugh or cry at your hotel adventures! Just to repeat what many have said already- love your review!!! The only problem is that it makes me want to go on holiday NOW and I have another 8 months to wait ;)

on another note - I can’t get over how young you and your hubby look considering your oldest son’s age especially! I am sure it has a lot to do with your personality and bright outlook on life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haha, it's ok, you can laugh.

Thanks and your vacation will be here before you know it.

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Mitsugirly-

thank you so much for putting this review together. You do a wonderful job! You are an extremely talented photographer and storyteller. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :)

Why thank you so much. I appreciate it.

7 Pages and you are not even on the ship. LOL

I was on that same sailing with you and will be looking to find myself in some of your pictures. With all of the detail that you provide, I think I will skip my puny review.

Thanks for allowing me to relive our trip.

Cheers

-F-

Aww, never skip a review. Everyone's experiences are different and you may have a different take on things. Also, others on here may appreciate a quick and to the point review. :)

We were on this sailing too!! Look forward to reading your take on the worlds longest muster drill! We stayed the night before at La Concha on Condado and had a wonderful (though far more expensive) experience. Wish I could have shared my cold a/c with you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope you had a wonderful cruise. I did check out a few hotels in Condado and they were pretty expensive. I just didn't want to pay much because with our flight coming in close to 6pm, we couldn't get the full benefits of a nicer place. I would have loved some of your cold a/c! :D

Mitsugirly: I enjoyed your last review and am so glad I found this one. Love all the details and of course photos. Your daughter reminds me of mine when she was a youngster. Mine was a fish in the water, became a lifeguard to put herself through university, is a school teacher now and uses her vacation to continue scuba diving.

Your family is having wonderful experiences and making long lasting memories.

Thanks so much and glad you enjoy the reviews. I always wonder what Sakari will grow up to be since she has such a love for both animals and water.

You were handed your VOOM login info at check-in? We were on Freedom last November and we had to go to guest services to get ours. I don’t think it was worth it, very slow and constant disconnection.

Yep, right there at the desk when we checked in. Ours was not slow at all and we didn't have any problems OTHER than logging in ONLY on the computer while in the room. Then just logging in was slow. But, once I got logged in, it was great.

We were on Allure in January. The voom was great. No problems at all.

Kim, I have followed many of your reviews. Have enjoyed tagging along on your adventures and getting to know your family. Thanks so much for all your time and efforts for all your wonderful reviews. Much appreciated.

Thanks so much for tagging along. I'm glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy this one too.