Formal nights

kac000

RCI Cruising stopped formal nights about half a decade ago

It is now, wear what the hell you like, and woe-betide you saying that it is a shame that cruise wear is no different to what you would wear to a mall on a Saturday afternoon

RCI have moved their position to theme parks for fighting Australian families, drunks and masses of children

Regrettably formal night includes everything from appropriate dress to very inappropriate. No different than every other night. I swear my dad would have slapped me into the middle of next week if I wore a hat at the dinner table. Cowboy hats seem to be the thing now, at least sailing from Texas. But ball caps worn backward and visors are everywhere. Shoplifter pants, shorts including cutoffs, tee shirts, jeans with holes in them. You name it and they’re wearing it in the dining room, formal night or not.

Regrettably formal night includes everything from appropriate dress to very inappropriate. No different than every other night. I swear my dad would have slapped me into the middle of next week if I wore a hat at the dinner table. Cowboy hats seem to be the thing now, at least sailing from Texas. But ball caps worn backward and visors are everywhere. Shoplifter pants, shorts including cutoffs, tee shirts, jeans with holes in them. You name it and they’re wearing it in the dining room, formal night or not.

What does that have to do with dress code in specialty restaurants that OP asked about:confused:

I didn’t feel compelled to answer the OP’s question since it was answered already. By you in fact. I suppose threads could be locked immediately after a definitive answer is given but that’s not how it works currently. But then, after 15k posts you already know that.