What is the weirdest thing that happened to you on a cruise?

ilikeanswers

Last May while on an Alaska Cruise. We were heading into Glacier Bay and I was dressed in muliti layers and still feeling the bite of the wind. Ship going forward at 13 knots, wind blowing in gusts between 10 and 20 knots bringing the chill factor down to a really low Brrrrr.

I was up on deck 15 trying to stand behind a glass wall and take photos when I see a young woman come walking past in a bath robe. The wind was making the robe flap open and closed which left no doubt that she was a female. She then climbed up the stairs to the next deck.

At the time I was thinking either she really is an exhibitionist or she is flying along with some type of chemical co-pilot and not feeling the cold.

I also wondered if the med center would be treating a case of frost bite later that day.

Bob

no nude people in this story but last year hubby and I took a cruise to med and adriatic, older ship and I'm complaining the door to the balcony is real sticky. He's sitting out on the balcony and I come out to join him and I'm having trouble with the door so he get's up and closes real hard and doesn't realize he hit the lock button. We go to go in about 15 minutes later and we are locked out on the balcony. OOPS luckily I have my key card on me and I can hear the people on the balcony next to us so I stick my head around the corner and ask if they would be kind enough to use my key card and rescue us. Learned a lesson, watch the door or sleep on the balcony next time.

Cruise to Alaska and our ship was on the beginnings of entering Glacier Bay. Wife and I went to the MDR for breakfast and shared a four-top with a woman from Canada. From the get go she couldn't say a single nice thing about the cruise line (HAL) and kept comparing it Royal - awful service. Awful food. Awful staterooms, etc. Didn't even bother to look out the window at the wonders of Alaska - just complained.

Waiter comes by to take our order and she insisted on having this brand name flat water in a glass bottle she was served at a bar or the Crows Nest or one of the restaurants the other night - she couldn't remember the name or where she had it. She had a drink package where this was apparently included. Head waiter comes out and didn't know anything about it. MDR manager and Maitre D also come out - neither knows what she wants. This goes on throughout the entire breakfast. They finally found the Sommelier who finally brings out what she wanted while we were finishing our meal (she complained about the breakfast the whole time as well).

She is poured a glass of this high falutin water and takes a sip. Asks us if we would like some water (she said she was going to get as much as she can out of HAL on this trip) and we politely declined. She then gets up and leaves - after ONE sip! We just look at each other incredulously......

I was on the norwegian jade and we were sitting up on deck. Saw two men (based on voice/height) walking around in head to toe panda costumes asking people if we wanted to take a picture with them. We declined. I’m positive this was done by guests, not the cruise line because 1. They didn’t have someone walking them around like every other public area with costumed people does and 2. There was no photographer with them. It was bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually DID have something weird that left us scratching our heads thinking "did she actually tell us, total strangers, all of that?". It was during our sail away out of Miami while we were at the rail as we were sailing out through the channel. DH & I were next to a woman and her friend (rest of their families would periodically stop by) and they started chatting with us. It started with small talk and where we were from, then onto luggage and items that went missing when going through the airport (another cruise they were on). These "items" weren't of much value...underwear and also *things* to be used in the bedroom. :eek: From there, well, let's just say it's not something I feel comfortable posting on CC. DH was getting video and I was getting pictures, but once we were out of the channel and into open water, we excused ourselves and went to the other side of the ship. And the video that DH got actually picked up some of that conversation. :o

Carnival cruise's Hairy chest contest.

Notably a retired army guy (we shared a table with him and he couldn't stop boasting about how many cheap cruises he got) who massaged and rubbed himself in the shower (wearing budgie smugglers) to George Michael's Careless whisper for the final round.

He won and I was changed forever.

This did not happen to me but one of my friends was on a cruise . One night he and his wife went to see a movie and found a guy saving seats .My friend said you cannot save seats and was very irate .When the save seat couple came to get their seats it turned out to be my friends next door neighbors.Neither knew the other was cruising.

First day looking for 2 loungers on deck to read on and get a little sun. We sat down and I looked across the walking track at the guy in a lounger facing us. He was reclined, wearing a European style very short and tight swim suit, and one of the boys had popped out:eek::eek: He was oblivious lol

DH and I were walking along the pier on a stop during an Alaska cruise. There were two cruise ships docked one in front of the other with some space in between. As we walked along, a whale surfaced between the two ships -- basically right in front of us -- and then disappeared. No one else saw it, and we just looked at each other like, "Did that really happen?" It was completely surreal.

We were sitting on the pool deck there was an empty lounger next to us, lady and her husband stopped and asked if it was empty we said yes. Her husband found another empty one and brought it over, we moved over to give them room. The lady thanked us profusely and said that its a shame there are not more nice people like us , its too bad that so many people save chairs that they are not using, it should not be allowed etc. They then put their stuff on the chairs and said they would be right back, we stayed for about an hour and a half and they had not returned. WOW.

Was on celebrity at e upscale French restaurant there was only a few couples in entire place, one couple that was somewhat close to us , one would leave then a little while later other would leave, thought it was just a smoke break, then some loud words were exchanged then woman picked up her entire plate and threw it at her partner , it was best entertainment of the week.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas, Mexican Riviera cruise back in 2009. Inside promenade stateroom. We were packing up and checking every nook and cranny to make sure we didn't leave anything behind. Husband got a look see on top of the closet and found a bag of pot. :cool:

On NCL I saw a little girl run up to her parents who were alone in a hot tub yelling she had to go potty, The parents pulled down her bathing suit and the girl peed right into the hot tub the parents were sitting in and they never moved or stopped her. There were many looking with mouths wide open in shock/ horror.

Before the new Royal terminal was built you had to take the escalator down when leaving the ship. As always they had people there to make sure you knew if you didn’t have a free hand to hold the railing you had to use the elevator.

There was a couple ahead of us. She was carrying only a small shopping bag while her husband was dragging two big suitcases. She had already gone down the escalator when he approached. He was quickly stopped and told to use the elevator. He began arguing with the terminal worker while we all waited behind. It got pretty loud but she stayed firm that he was NOT going down the escalator with two bags.

So what did he do?? He hauled off and literally threw both bags down to the bottom of the escalator and then hopped on and rode down while he laughed. The lady immediately got on her radio and called security. He was stopped shortly thereafter and when we passed by he was no longer laughing.

He was a jerk to say the least!!!

Carnival ship they had a "morning show" sort of thing that they projected onto the big screen by the pool. We were watching and the cruise director commented that he wished he had some bacon. My son noted this, ran to the buffet and asked for a plate piled with bacon, ran down to the theater where the show was being filmed and then climbed up on stage and handed it to the cruise director. Kid was then invited to take over the show, and ended up with the cruise director and the other person in the show and himself all on the floor "demonstrating" what its like to go down the water slide complete with sound effects.

Same cruise - first night this kid ended up on stage for a goldilocks show and was called "baby bear" by random people on board for the rest of the cruise, was also constantly hi-fived for the bacon thing.

Side note - this kid has been vegan from birth.

Once in the MDR at a table near by in my site, someone got sick at the table, immediately dining room staff moved in cleared the people and table so fast I said to me self did this just happen???

Carnival ship they had a "morning show" sort of thing that they projected onto the big screen by the pool. We were watching and the cruise director commented that he wished he had some bacon. My son noted this, ran to the buffet and asked for a plate piled with bacon, ran down to the theater where the show was being filmed and then climbed up on stage and handed it to the cruise director. Kid was then invited to take over the show, and ended up with the cruise director and the other person in the show and himself all on the floor "demonstrating" what its like to go down the water slide complete with sound effects.

Same cruise - first night this kid ended up on stage for a goldilocks show and was called "baby bear" by random people on board for the rest of the cruise, was also constantly hi-fived for the bacon thing.

Side note - this kid has been vegan from birth.

What a great story(y). Your son knows an opportunity when he sees/hears one :cool: Probably has good role models hey;)

Sailing on a Celebrity ship (older demographic) through the Panama Canal last year, I was on a lounger in the pool area, family was all in different activities, the woman next to me put down her book, went for a quick dip then came back and changed chair side to her shorts. I am not talking threw her shorts over her swimsuit, I am saying stripped down to skin, got dressed, went to lunch then changed back into her suit. I am looking around the whole time, thinking does anyone else see this???? Not that I could see or they were better at hiding it than I was. LOL

Sailing on a Celebrity ship (older demographic) through the Panama Canal last year, I was on a lounger in the pool area, family was all in different activities, the woman next to me put down her book, went for a quick dip then came back and changed chair side to her shorts. I am not talking threw her shorts over her swimsuit, I am saying stripped down to skin, got dressed, went to lunch then changed back into her suit. I am looking around the whole time, thinking does anyone else see this???? Not that I could see or they were better at hiding it than I was. LOL

Not uncommon to see this on European beaches.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have a new weirdest thing, live from Volendam.

A "lady" was just this minute pacing back and forth on the deck outside our cabin wearing only a summer weight dress and appearing a little out of it (bear in mind this is Alakska in early May and it's cold out there). Both my wife and I were concerned enough that "she" was contemplating going over we called security, but before they got there I put my head as close to the window in the door out to the deck as I could and saw that a man was sitting on the wooden bench in about the same spot I last saw "her", presumably next to her but I couldn't see any further down from where he was sitting. Now this made me feel a bit better that "she" wasn't out there alone, however I did find it strange that he appeared to be changing in or out of the same kind of ballet slippers "she" was wearing.

Anyway, at that time security had arrived at my cabin door and, after a brief discussion, I went outside with them, only to find that there was nobody there. I ran back to our cabin and asked my wife if she'd seen them go past our cabin window. She said that, no, she had only seen the man walk past, carrying a bag, and it was at this point everything clicked. This was, in fact, a man exploring his feminine side.

So if he happens to be reading this...

Dude, I get that you like to cross-dress, and I really have no problem with it, but you need to put a little more thought into where you're going to do it if you want to keep it on the down-low. Also you freaked out my wife, who was concerned for your well being. The only way you could have made this worse for yourself is if a) you'd preened yourself in the mirror film covering our cabin window (although if you had done this the situation would have become a little more evident sooner) and/or b) you were caught doing your thing by myself and ship's security. Your cabin is really the best place for your explorations into being girly.

To get an idea where this happened on the ship, we're in 7083. That's Navigation deck aft by the stairs up to the Sea View pool.