UBP Question

Sailing on Getaway July 1, first timer on NCL. I see Sugarcane has a flight of mojitos im very interested in trying. How does purchasing this work with UBP,? Thanks anyone.
Flights are not covered with ubp but you can order each flavor separately one at a time....

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Flights are not covered with ubp but you can order each flavor separately one at a time....

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I also wanted to try the flights but ordered each flavor on it's own so wouldn't have to pay.

Just off the Getaway on Sunday. The flight of mojitos was not included in UBP. The Sugarcane Bar had a very entertaining mojito tasting event twice during the sailing where the flight of mojitos was served. All participants with UBP received 20% off the $20 cost. If you like mojitos, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Escape, the Mojito flight is 19.95 and the UBP gives you 20% discount. Just order the six Mojitos separately and you get regular sized drinks free instead of paying for try-me sizes... I liked the Jalapeno Cucumber Mojito the most, followed by the Rasberry Guava Mojito.

My guess is you can order a flight but just pay the difference if there is one... The price limit per drink with UBP is $15 I believe!

No. Flights are excluded. You would have to pay full price. As mentioned, nothing stops you from ordering 6 mojitos and enjoying a few sips of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh, now im confused. Guess ill find out onboard myself

What are you confused about? You got extremely clear and concise answers. FLIGHT IS NOT INCLUDED. Order the drinks separately, and the UBP will cover each drink. Nothing here to be confused about :confused:

Huh, now im confused. Guess ill find out onboard myself

If you would like to sample 6 mojitos, there are two options with the UBP.

1. Order a flight of 6 samples and pay $20

2. Order the first mojito on the menu. Have a sip. Order the second mojito on the menu. Have a sip. Continue until you fall out of your chair. This option will be free unless any of the individual mojito prices are over $15

I agree that the system is silly

My guess is you can order a flight but just pay the difference if there is one... The price limit per drink with UBP is $15 I believe!
You guessed wrong. Flights are specifically excluded from the UBP.

If you would like to sample 6 mojitos, there are two options with the UBP.

1. Order a flight of 6 samples and pay $20

2. Order the first mojito on the menu. Have a sip. Order the second mojito on the menu. Have a sip. Continue until you fall out of your chair. This option will be free unless any of the individual mojito prices are over $15

I agree that the system is silly

Two problems with this method. (A) there is at least 1 mojito - possibly more that isn’t on the menu (strawberry) and (B) the mojito bar is extremely busy - getting 6 mojitos in an hour or so would be an extremely difficult task that would require a lot of patience.

Two problems with this method. (A) there is at least 1 mojito - possibly more that isn’t on the menu (strawberry) and (B) the mojito bar is extremely busy - getting 6 mojitos in an hour or so would be an extremely difficult task that would require a lot of patience.

Ordering a flight is still possible. It’s just not covered by the UBP.

When I was on the Escape in February, Sugarcane was often quite busy, but if you could get a seat at the bar, you were in luck! The bartenders would make 8-10 (sometimes more!) of the same type of Mojito and then just hand them out to everyone at the bar rather than taking individual orders. If you were picky and specific abut what you wanted, you had to wait quite a while, but if you just wanted to try all they had to offer, the drinks came fast and furious.