CruiseNext??? Still don't get it

caddykid12

U get OBC on the ship your buying them on or for the ship you use CRUISE NEXT ON?

my scenario. Going on escape yo Bermuda in june.

I want to buy some for my 14 day escape in January.

I but a 250$ certificate... and they apply 125$ obc to my June folio. Yet I can use the full 250$ towards my Jan balance??

Don’t even think of it as onboard credit. Think of it as half price. For example on your Bermuda cruise you can buy 2 certificates worth $500 for $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the link that goes directly to the future cruise information. It says if you purchase one and book your cruise you will get an additional gift. Does anyone know what the additional gift is?

The additional "gift" is that they will move you up a deck or two for free if you book a cruise on board.

Can someone clarify this for me: when you purchase a voucher on your cruise directly from NCL, does the OBC automatically go onto your current cruise account? Or could you save it for the time you use the voucher?

Also, I see people selling their vouchers here or online, does that mean the OBC has already been used so you're just getting the value on the voucher itself?

One more question, it sounds like these vouchers can only be used for deposits on a future cruise. Right? I could've sworn that I read several people applying them to a remaining balance on already booked cruises that already had deposits but weren't paid off? Is that incorrect?

Thanks!

Current cruise only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used the link that goes directly to the future cruise information. It says if you purchase one and book your cruise you will get an additional gift. Does anyone know what the additional gift is?

Normally a category upgrade or an additional promotion.

When I get on the ship i'm going to put 600.00 cash down on my OBA and plan on buying 2 cruise next certificates for 500.00 that would leave me 100.00 and then they will add 250.00 to my OBA wich would give me 350.00. Now what happens if I don't spend all the 350.00 by the end of the cruise do you loose it or what ?

Because you paid a cash account, you should get a refund. Essentially you’re using $250 of your cash to cover the CN cert because the other non-refundable OBC is applied towards that purchase.

So in June I can buy one. To use to reduce my total of my AKREASY BOOKED one in Jan.

It' not just for new bookings right?

It is supposed to be just for new bookings but I have read that numerous people have been able to apply to current bookings.

Can someone clarify this for me: when you purchase a voucher on your cruise directly from NCL, does the OBC automatically go onto your current cruise account? Or could you save it for the time you use the voucher?

Thanks!

We bought 4 next cruise certificates last month. The $500 obc was applied the next day to our account BUT we had the option of applying the obc to the next cruise that we were taking.

We bought 4 next cruise certificates last month. The $500 obc was applied the next day to our account BUT we had the option of applying the obc to the next cruise that we were taking.

That would be new because I’ve never been given the option to apply OBC to another cruise and I have asked in the past because we already had another booked.

Of course, why would you want to apply it to your next cruise anyway? That just means you pay full price for Cruise Next on your current cruise.

That would be new because I’ve never been given the option to apply OBC to another cruise and I have asked in the past because we already had another booked.

Of course, why would you want to apply it to your next cruise anyway? That just means you pay full price for Cruise Next on your current cruise.

Ditto everything rtkenmore said. Have never heard of the option and would be crazy to do unless you have enough FREE OBC to pay for all the Cruise Next's you purchase..

No, it must be used on board... but the CN certificate goes on you’re on board account so essentially that is going to use your OBC.

It's not technically OBC. That's what they want you to think, so you spend more.

If you buy 2 cruise next deposits at $250 each, you'll simply see a charge for $250 instead of $500. That doesn't really mean you have any "credit" to spend. Kinda sneaky how NCL phrases that.

Not to beat a 'dead horse', so I understand this clearly:

I purchase 2/$250.00 CN Certificates while on board. I pay , out of my pocket, $250.00 for both. I get 500.00 credit to be used towards another cruise and I get 125.00 OBC for each, total of 250.00 put on my OB account ASAP. I can use this OBC to pay down my bill on board, such as shore excursion which I purchase on board? Correct?

The $50.00 reduced deposit promotion seems almost ongoing. You have to wonder if Cruise Next sales are trending downward due to this ? Shoot I recently booked 3 cruises when the $1.00 deposit came out.
How is a reduced deposit beneficial? You have to pay the entire cost anyway. It only delays the payment.

I always prefer an upfront full payment discount or a price drop instead of a reduced deposit. (Even if the deposit is only $1)

Edited by drsel

I purchase 2/$250.00 CN Certificates while on board. I pay , out of my pocket, $250.00 for both. I get 500.00 credit to be used towards another cruise and I get 125.00 OBC for each, total of 250.00 put on my OB account ASAP. I can use this OBC to pay down my bill on board, such as shore excursion which I purchase on board? Correct?

Wrong. Your onboard account is debited $500 for 2 certificates purchased and then again credited with $250, (as goodwill for buying onboard).

So, net net, you will have a debit of 250 to pay before disembarking,. No surplus/extra OBC to spend on anything.

Edited by drsel

You are overthinking this.

You buy 2 x $250 vouchers and they charge you $250 in total for them.

That’s it. Just ignore any talk of OBC. It is just a 2 for one deal. It’s that simple.

Can you use the certificate for a future cruise already booked? My travel agent said no. I have heard some people said yes.

On two cruises now, I've applied a certificate to an existing booking. One time we had not used a certificate at all and I applied it to an inside cabin booking.

The second time, we had upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony due to a change in prices (the balcony ended up being only around $200 more) so I was able to apply a second certificate to this cruise since it was now a balcony or above room.

Can you use the certificate for a future cruise already booked? My travel agent said no. I have heard some people said yes.

While official rules may say No, it has certainly been done by many of us here including me. I have even used one after being oasis in full and received a $250 refund. Especially if you are before final payment, if they tell you you can’t use it, you could always cancel/rebook.

How does it become a liability?

Actually that poster should have said "loss" not "liability"

A liability is something you still need to pay off but if you don't use or transfer or sell your cert within the 4 years you have just lost the amount you paid for it...usually $100

I just canceled a cert I bought with the 30 day timeframe when I got home from my cruise and saw the prices ncl is now trying to charge

I still have one in my ncl acct due to expire in late 2020 and while I'll probably use that one I am also prepared to just lose its value of what I paid $150

You are overthinking this.

You buy 2 x $250 vouchers and they charge you $250 in total for them.

That’s it. Just ignore any talk of OBC. It is just a 2 for one deal. It’s that simple.

Yet still ncl insists on calling it an OBC because they know uninformed cruisers will now think they have obc to spend. Ncl loves this train of thought. Lol

When they try to tell me about obc I just say no I really don't and that I understand saying obc is just a sales gimmick. They stop immediately because they know I understand how it works

I still have one in my ncl acct due to expire in late 2020 and while I'll probably use that one I am also prepared to just lose its value of what I paid $150

Or you could sell it. That way you won’t lose all your money and someone else could get a discount off their cruise.