Day Pass to the Yacht Club?????

mafig

If this is true I would be quite upset. A regular balcony as low as $739pp versus YC balcony $1969pp that I’m paying both without taxes or someone in an inside for as low as $439, no way would this be fair.

There's a thread running (in case you didn't see it)....a teen's review where they state their parents purchased a Yacht Club pass.

What's this about?

Did you ask him? Seems like the best place to figure out what it's about is the source.

If this is true I would be quite upset. A regular balcony as low as $739pp versus YC balcony $1969pp that I’m paying both without taxes or someone in an inside for as low as $439, no way would this be fair.

Would it not just be the same as people on cruise ships getting a day pass to one of the all inclusive resorts that seems to be the norm for port stops?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

We tried the YC for a day, still, it would have been more convenient to have stayed there, far more amenities. The only reason we didn’t is they only had one room left when I booked. I peeked as they were cleaning the rooms, much nicer than our regular balcony. It’s very exclusive and I understand they want to keep it that way. The staff all knew we were on the day pass, but I felt like they welcomed us, we were respectful of others there, as we were guests. We were lucky to get a day pass, it’s based on availability, not many are given out, from what I understand. The idea is that you’ll book the YC for your next vacation.

It has always been available just like access in the same way to the "Top" Solarium on other ships.

As Nikki says it is no different to paying for access to a place on land which those who are complaining no doubt do.

Did you ask him? Seems like the best place to figure out what it's about is the source.

Yes, Tina, I did. At the time I asked I hadn't received a response yet, so I started this thread. OK?

As Joanc has said, “they would have booked the YC if space had been available”. I really think that is the point. The people who are thinking of booking the YC would like to look at it and are willing to pay $110 to do so. As someone who has sailed in the YC I see no problem with that. It also sounds like the staff keeps it discreet and handles it well...another successful marketing technique.

• Like 2

If done discreetly and with a very limited number of people, I don't have much of a problem with it.

If hoards of people are invading the Yacht Club and gawking at the Yacht Club areas and guests, I would have a major problem with it.

I'll have to wait and see.....

Seriously!!!

Gawking at Yacht Club guests???

Why?

Are you different to the rest of us?

• Like 3

Maybe they should put non return locks on the doors! once you are in you are not allowed out until the end of the cruise ... :')

As for people wanting to pay to have a look around and have dinner, if MSC had stuck to their ship there for the winter months most of you out there would never know the YC existed!

As Joanc has said, “they would have booked the YC if space had been available”.

MAYBE or maybe didn’t want to pay the YC prices. Just hope they don’t oversell the passes & this so called private area is crowded.

As Joanc has said, “they would have booked the YC if space had been available”. I really think that is the point. The people who are thinking of booking the YC would like to look at it and are willing to pay $110 to do so. As someone who has sailed in the YC I see no problem with that. It also sounds like the staff keeps it discreet and handles it well...another successful marketing technique.

Exactly why I inquired on the original thread. We have two other cruises booked with MSC in the Yacht Club. It was sold out for our first MSC cruise this June. So I inquired as I thought it would be a great opportunity to check out the Yacht Club and put our mind at ease in the remaining bookings. I assure everyone, if we go it will not be to gawk at others :)

MAYBE or maybe didn’t want to pay the YC prices. Just hope they don’t oversell the passes & this so called private area is crowded.

I don’t think they ‘oversell’ the passes, they were hard to come by. It was on a day of THEIR choice, not mine. As a guest who has stayed in the the Haven (NCL)before, and OS/GS on RC, I thought this was a good way to compare. No ‘gawking’.

Exactly why I inquired on the original thread. We have two other cruises booked with MSC in the Yacht Club. It was sold out for our first MSC cruise this June. So I inquired as I thought it would be a great opportunity to check out the Yacht Club and put our mind at ease in the remaining bookings. I assure everyone, if we go it will not be to gawk at others :)

LOL pmb...I am sure that the whole thing is conducted with the utmost decorum and discretion. When I was on Divina we had a forward 2 room suite 12001 on Deck 12...outside the YC. None of the other pax who were next to and around us on Deck 12 had any idea that we were in the YC. I doubt they even knew the YC existed.

• Like 1

Seriously!!!

Gawking at Yacht Club guests???

Why?

Are you different to the rest of us?

I used 2 extremes to make a point. I also used the word "if".

As far as "different", the difference is that I paid more than $110 per day extra to book the Yacht Club. I repeat, I don't have much of a problem with it but if MSC were to bring in 100 extra people just to make an extra $11K per day, I'd have a problem with it.

It definitely needs to be controlled.....atleast for dinner. YC Dining room was packed between 7-9pm.....each night of our cruise. I could see it as a day pass for the Sun Deck, Top Sail Lounge and Pool Grill Area....But I would think the Dining Room should be excluded. To be honest...The Sun Deck was"at most" half full on Sea Days....Plenty of capacity up top....assuming winds are under control!!

Hi Joan I did read your review, thanks. I can't remember is it $110 per person or per family?

It’s $110 pp, AND they gave us a set dinner reservation for 5:45, so we didn’t get to choose or walk in.

I'm against the YC day pass. If YC is to remain exclusive for those of us who pay a substantial price to enjoy it, then having non members in for the day would bother me a little. It's bad enough when they bring a tour group through. They come into the TSL and gawk (yes, gawk) - makes you feel like you're in a zoo with all those people staring at you (and even though they're not supposed to, some actually take pictures of us). Day pass, no way!

• Like 1

Actually an Aurea balcony is about the same cost as an inside Yacht Club.

So based on this as Yacht Club people want to come into the Aurea section for the shade we could do a swap and go into the Yacht Club...

• Like 2