Day Pass to the Yacht Club?????

mafig

CC ... The day pass has existed as long as we have cruised MSC ie since 2012 so it is nothing new! it just seems that a certain few who had never heard of MSC before let alone the YC appear to think that because they have paid more no one else should enter.

We were not staying at the Burge Al Kalifa or Al Arab but that did not stop us being allowed in! the YC is no different.

• Like 1

I'm against the YC day pass. If YC is to remain exclusive for those of us who pay a substantial price to enjoy it, then having non members in for the day would bother me a little. It's bad enough when they bring a tour group through. They come into the TSL and gawk (yes, gawk) - makes you feel like you're in a zoo with all those people staring at you (and even though they're not supposed to, some actually take pictures of us). Day pass, no way!

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CC ... The day pass has existed as long as we have cruised MSC ie since 2012 so it is nothing new! it just seems that a certain few who had never heard of MSC before let alone the YC appear to think that because they have paid more no one else should enter.

We were not staying at the Burge Al Kalifa or Al Arab but that did not stop us being allowed in! the YC is no different.

Here, here Sid...well said. I reiterate, MSC is conducting tours through the YC in order to cultivate more interest and bookings with those who are planning future cruises. They are doing this with discretion and placing limits on the number of people allowed in the YC. I don’t think I saw more than 1 tour while I was sailing...no problem. I did not hear 1 complaint about this. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the view.

Actually an Aurea balcony is about the same cost as an inside Yacht Club.

So based on this as Yacht Club people want to come into the Aurea section for the shade we could do a swap and go into the Yacht Club...

550.jpg

By that logic, if a Yacht Club guest goes to the jungle pool, a person at the jungle pool should be allowed to go into the Yacht Club.

They are doing this with discretion and placing limits on the number of people allowed in the YC. I don’t think I saw more than 1 tour while I was sailing...no problem. I did not hear 1 complaint about this.

Which is fine. NCL will occasionally do the same with the Haven as far as brief/discreet tours. What people are concerned with is MSC using the day pass as a cash grab by allowing too many to participate in tours.

Which is fine. NCL will occasionally do the same with the Haven as far as brief/discreet tours. What people are concerned with is MSC using the day pass as a cash grab by allowing too many to participate in tours.

Right...and I am here to report that there is no evidence of that whatsoever.

good day all - i thought this thread was going to take a turn for the worse - it has been exhausted many times on Cruise Critics -

Basically it is at MSC discretion what they want to do - they own and manage their ships - who are we to say what they can and cannot do

i must say, yes i saw a couple of tours - did it disturb me, not one bit - i was in my own world enjoying the YC experience....

I can honestly say that if there was not a post about the day passes, you would not even realize that they were offered but there was no effect on us - can i tell you if day passers were in the YC when i was on, absolutely not - and i wouldn't be wasting my valuable time on vacation to see who boarded on the Saturday or who is new....

give it up - if they offer passes, which btw (would u pay 110.00 usd / person) - they would most likely only offer 1/2 couples a day - who cares....

How about day passes to the Haven. Does NCL do that?

I can honestly say that if there was not a post about the day passes, you would not even realize that they were offered but there was no effect on us - can i tell you if day passers were in the YC when i was on, absolutely not.

The mere presence of a tour shouldn't bother anyone. As long as the tour/guest doesn't negatively impact the Yacht Club guest, there is no problem.

If a tour came in and stole all of the butter, well...:D

I have no opinion on the tours as like any business the person in charge of it has the right to run it the way they see fit as far as who comes and goes. I have never seen a tour group in the Haven or new faces in the dining rooms of the Suite only NCL ships. I figure a walkthrough or a day-pass would not impact those of us staying in the area. It seems they assign a dining time also which would not get in the way of when we wanted to eat us as we have never gone hungry or missed a show on a ship. I would appreciate the number being held to a certain limit which by the posts on this thread seems to be the case.

Very interesting thread. I guess it boils down to trust - do you trust MSc will continue to offer day passes in limited numbers or do you believe they will cave to the money train?

I can see a market. There are some reasonably exclusive all inclusive resorts offering day passes for a Hundy and people pay - especially for the all you can drink alcohol.

Thanks for starting this thread mafig as I would never have read reviews from children (not that there is anything wrong with children writing reviews).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no opinion on the tours as like any business the person in charge of it has the right to run it the way they see fit as far as who comes and goes.

I don't know that the Federal Trade Commission would agree with that statement. There are countless examples of corporations being held accountable for strongly advertised inducements. Phrases like 'exclusive spaces' could be interpreted as meaning just that.

I am not saying that I would make a huge deal about a very limited 'on board' advertising of the benefits of booking a YC stateroom. However, if my experience of the 'exclusive' benefits of my 3 YC booked cruises are impacted negatively I might.

Dennis

Right...and I am here to report that there is no evidence of that whatsoever.

I don't have proof but mid-week while on the Pearl I saw the concierge bring a couple into the courtyard and explain all about the Haven. They walked passed me while I was doing the lazy vacationer in the lounger and then proceeded to sit two loungers down from me so I heard the rest of the conversation. All about the Haven and all it offers. I saw those people the rest of the day and later in Cagneys for lunch then back in the courtyard. never saw them again.

Could have been a day pass thing I'm thinking.

No harm-no foul. I don't see the problem here but hey, I'm just blessed and happy to be on vacation.:D It would take a heck of a lot more then some couple with a day pass to get a rise out of me. ;p

This whole thread reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio running around the 1st Class section of the Titanic to hang around Kate Winslet until a ship's officer pointed out that he was not a 1st Class passenger--back to steerage he went. <|3

• Like 1

I was on Meraviglia last week in the YC. They said they do not offer day passes.

Hijacking this thread but how did you like the Meraviglia (and YC) - would like to book for 2020 and debating between that and Seaside (which I am on in 2019 but figured with $99 deposits maybe I should book something) Thank you!

This whole thread reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio running around the 1st Class section of the Titanic to hang around Kate Winslet until a ship's officer pointed out that he was not a 1st Class passenger--back to steerage he went. <|3

LOL! Got a good laugh out of your post. Thanks, great way to start a boring day at work!

• Like 1

Hijacking this thread but how did you like the Meraviglia (and YC) - would like to book for 2020 and debating between that and Seaside (which I am on in 2019 but figured with $99 deposits maybe I should book something) Thank you!

Meraviglia is a massive ship and one of the few that have a promenade down the centre which they did use quite well. There always seemed to be loungers available on the main decks (except for the comfortable ones) but the bar near reception did actually feel like you were in reception itself rather than in a bigger lobby bar. The theatre shows were a bit hit and miss - I think they spent the entertainment budget on the Cirque du Soleil.

The YC (after a couple of hiccups) was amazing. We were both really upset to leave. The service was personalised and we made some good friends with the staff and a few passengers on board. The deluxe cabin was also huge. We are already looking at the YC for Meraviglia for next year.

I am in the process of writing a review.

Meraviglia is a massive ship and one of the few that have a promenade down the centre which they did use quite well. There always seemed to be loungers available on the main decks (except for the comfortable ones) but the bar near reception did actually feel like you were in reception itself rather than in a bigger lobby bar. The theatre shows were a bit hit and miss - I think they spent the entertainment budget on the Cirque du Soleil.

The YC (after a couple of hiccups) was amazing. We were both really upset to leave. The service was personalised and we made some good friends with the staff and a few passengers on board. The deluxe cabin was also huge. We are already looking at the YC for Meraviglia for next year.

I am in the process of writing a review.

Thank you so much! I look forward to your review. Have you considered Seaside (YC)? I haven't been on any MSC ships yet.

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2018 at 2:02 AM, pappahbuttz said:

LOL! Got a good laugh out of your post. Thanks, great way to start a boring day at work!

Bless...on our most recent Seaside cruise, we were in an Aurea Balcony cabin. One of the deck 9 cabins with the larger balcony. And, we were invited to spend an evening for drinks and music in the YC by a staff member. It was a lovely evening and experience! I believe we were the only couple invited to do so that evening. Hopefully, we behaved wth the proper decorum as to not make any of the regular YC guests uncomfortable with our presence. 🙂