Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

When do they let you know if it's accepted? I'm 22 days out. It seems that anyone that placed the minimum bid was told right away NO. The suspense! This is why I don't gamble. Sheesh.

Interesting. How fast did the NOs hear back?

When do they let you know if it's accepted? I'm 22 days out. It seems that anyone that placed the minimum bid was told right away NO. The suspense! This is why I don't gamble. Sheesh.

That likely means that there were other bids out there already from other customers that were higher than those low bids so they were automatically rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure that's the case. Plusgrade doesn't work that way.

How long did “winners” find themselves waiting?

The cutoff time is usually specified - it's usually about 24-48 hours before departure.

That said, Celebrity can choose to accept an offer at any time so it comes down to how much you bid. If you bid low, then they'll wait to the end for anyone else to bid, as well as anyone to buy the cabin regular price as normal. If you were to make a maximum bid, especially if they have many left to shift they may well take the offer earlier.

The cutoff time is usually specified - it's usually about 24-48 hours before departure.

That said, Celebrity can choose to accept an offer at any time so it comes down to how much you bid. If you bid low, then they'll wait to the end for anyone else to bid, as well as anyone to buy the cabin regular price as normal. If you were to make a maximum bid, especially if they have many left to shift they may well take the offer earlier.

This makes a lot is sense. Thanks!

Mentioned earlier, you lose perks if your bid is accepted? I’ve called TA and the email says all current promotions will stay. If I lose the perks we have, I’ll be very upset (go best with a LOT of OBC) but if we get a new cabin with the same perks I’ll be quite happy. We are in a sky suite now and I have moderate bids in on upgrades. Feedback?Thanks! 😀

Mentioned earlier, you lose perks if your bid is accepted? I’ve called TA and the email says all current promotions will stay. If I lose the perks we have, I’ll be very upset (go best with a LOT of OBC) but if we get a new cabin with the same perks I’ll be quite happy. We are in a sky suite now and I have moderate bids in on upgrades. Feedback?Thanks! [emoji3]

The only thing you might not get is Captain’s Club points for the upgraded cabin. Your earned points will likely be based on the original category you booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just like so many things on the Celebrity website, this doesn't work. No action at all when you hit the submit button after putting in your name and reservation ID

Remember, it will only work within 30 days of your sailing. Says it right above where you put your info in

Mentioned earlier, you lose perks if your bid is accepted? I’ve called TA and the email says all current promotions will stay. If I lose the perks we have, I’ll be very upset (go best with a LOT of OBC) but if we get a new cabin with the same perks I’ll be quite happy. We are in a sky suite now and I have moderate bids in on upgrades. Feedback?Thanks!

No. Your perks stay. You will keep your Go Best and OBC. You will not get anything additional. I called Celebrity to verify when I got the MoveUp email.

Remember, it will only work within 30 days of your sailing. Says it right above where you put your info in

Look at my signature, I board Solstice Friday. One in my group got the offer.

Look at my signature, I board Solstice Friday. One in my group got the offer.

I've turned signatures off long ago. I was responding to someone mentioning the site - the site states you must be within 30 days. Sounds like you are within 30 days, right? I'm sure the emails might come earlier.

Celebrity can do what it wants with unsold cabins, so for the time being, this is the new system. I can say that I would never bid on a cabin; however, circumstances can change in a heartbeat...I could win the lottery and easily secure that PS...you just don't bid higher than you can afford or I guess Celebrity is hoping that many will!

Celebrity can do what it wants with unsold cabins, so for the time being, this is the new system. I can say that I would never bid on a cabin; however, circumstances can change in a heartbeat...I could win the lottery and easily secure that PS...you just don't bid higher than you can afford or I guess Celebrity is hoping that many will!

I did make a low upgrade bid. We had a tough year on several fronts, but have weathered the storm and I thought this might be a nice treat. We did not bid on all categories, as we could not afford the upgrades. If it works, great, if not, we’re still very happy with our cabin.

I’m confused. I currently have a suite with go best (4 perks).

If I do get a move up offer for a Royal or Penthouse suite (all available) - will the complimentary dining in for-fee restaurants and the in-room bars be excluded or included?

If excluded, why bid?

I really liked my last four Princess complimentary upgrades and the one suite upsell - out of six cruises. So easy on both my pocketbook and my wish list. Must admit, while looking forward to my October Panama Canal cruise, would love a Princess move over offer.

I’m confused. I currently have a suite with go best (4 perks).

If I do get a move up offer for a Royal or Penthouse suite (all available) - will the complimentary dining in for-fee restaurants and the in-room bars be excluded or included?

If excluded, why bid?

I really liked my last four Princess complimentary upgrades and the one suite upsell - out of six cruises. So easy on both my pocketbook and my wish list. Must admit, while looking forward to my October Panama Canal cruise, would love a Princess move over offer.

You keep any perks you already have. It is specified if there are any added. I know for sure that the RS bid on my cruise came with drinks.

Many people keep making the assumption that the inventory they see available online with Celebrity is "True and correct".....IT IS NOT. Celebrity can manipulate these numbers in many different ways.....They can block 1/2 a ship so people see prices rising and get concerned the ship is filling up and book......They can then unblock at a later date, to even a different market.....Celebrity may show only 1 RS available however they may have 3 due to cancellation or cabins put on hold by travel agents last minute etc. My travel agent often saw different availability then me......AND we would look at "sold out cruises" only to find 10 more cabins open up 5 days later. Then you have the odds that on a ship with 1400 cabins.....some people are not coming for a variety of reasons.

I think it's great that Celebrity is maximizing their revenue this way. I have bid and won upgrades from business to first class on Etihad and Emirates.....both fantastic experiences. You don't always have to bid the most to win though......Sometimes luck is in your corner.....

Safe Sails All!

I'm curious also...haven't heard of anyone getting the bid

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did hear of one person winning here on CC. I don't know if it was this thread or the thread started by me "Beware of the MoveUp Bid". The person stated they bid just over the minimum and were notified they received an upgrade.

I could be wrong but I think people are being notified yay or nay 3 days out which is the deadline they say if your offer hasn't been accepted. I googled plusgrade (which is the system they are using) and it said people are usually notified a few days out atleast for airline seat bids.

So if you are upgraded 3 days before, are you able to print your luggage tags for the new room?

Good question since online checkin/access ends at that time also. Way too late to have X mail them to you. If not, they'll have to get them at the pier. Don't know how this exactly works since I've always had mine at embarkation.

So I guess if you won the bid to upgrade to a suite, they would prioritize your luggage with the tag given to you by the baggage porter? I've seen them putting tags on bags before, just never put any thought into it before now.

You can get the tags at the port anyway. There are lots of instances where you may not have printed tags prior to arriving at the port.

They’ll possibly wait until the last possible moment i.e. 3 days before so that they can maximise their chances of receiving the most income from the highest bids.

It’s surprising to read the differences between cruise lines regarding the ‘upsells’. Reading the upsell offer threads on the Princess board, where many pax turn down initial offers, compared to the MoveUp frenzy on the X board, is quite amusing. Just goes to show it’s different strokes for different folks. I’m presuming it’s just because it’s ‘new’ on X.