Anthem OTS Deck 6 Balcony

Hello!

My family and I are planning a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I'm looking for recommendations for a deck 6 balcony cabin. How obstructed is the view? Is there a section of balconies that offer better views than others? Does anyone have any pictures? I noticed Two70 is at the aft and the promenade is directly below. Anyone have any issues with noise?

Hello!

My family and I are planning a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I'm looking for recommendations for a deck 6 balcony cabin. How obstructed is the view? Is there a section of balconies that offer better views than others? Does anyone have any pictures? I noticed Two70 is at the aft and the promenade is directly below. Anyone have any issues with noise?

Some of the balconies on deck 6 have as much as 75% obstruction. If you do a search on these boards you can get a lot of detailed descriptions and photos of which cabins/areas are more obstructed than others.

My advice would be to look at Deck 6 cabins near the aft elevator. Write down available cabin numbers and google "Anthem of the Seas xxxx YouTube" to see if there are videos. xxxx is the cabin number. Quantum and Ovation can be substituted for Anthem since all three ships are the same.

I haven't found noise to be an issue. However some cabins on Deck 6 aft starboard (6672/6686) may be over the smoking area.

My advice would be to look at Deck 6 cabins near the aft elevator. Write down available cabin numbers and google "Anthem of the Seas xxxx YouTube" to see if there are videos. xxxx is the cabin number. Quantum and Ovation can be substituted for Anthem since all three ships are the same.

I haven't found noise to be an issue. However some cabins on Deck 6 aft starboard (6672/6686) may be over the smoking area.

I was in 6690 and the top of the life boat was even with the balcony hand rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All good information! Thanks, everyone! I've also been told you can call RC with a prospective room # and they'll tell you the percentage of obstruction... I noticed some of the rooms available appear if they have bigger balconies, so that could be a potential positive, but not if the whole view is blocked.

We stayed in room 6214 on Anthem

Its was obstructed up to the balcony railing, but you could see out from there. So we really didn't feel like it was obstructed. Would book again for price reduction balcony.

I was looking for a picture that I took but cannot find it, but if you google it some pictures will come up on image search.

As for the noise we didn't hear much, I was worried about being above the bionic bar but we heard no noise from that. The only noises we heard was creaking of the lifeboats in rough weather, it wasn't terribly loud or anything, but it could be annoying if you're a light sleeper.

Below is an Anthem deck 6 plan I did showing location of all the lifeboat davits, large and small. The two diamonds are the single davits for the small emergency runabouts. Quantum lifeboats are similarly located but have slightly different positions as some side by side davits are further apart. Not sure about Ovation.

We once had cabin 6292 on Anthem and it was very noisy especially at night as it was directly above the service/staircase/elevators area for both Jamie's Italian and Café TWO70.

Least obstructed DO balconies are 6160 and 6560 which are on the forward jump section in front of the first lifeboat davits on either side of Anthem.

2125393650_AnthemDavits(1000x272).thumb.jpg.7248001c5fa859a6c807ec52285a3e59.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Below is a view of DO balcony with both a lifeboat and a davit obstruction. Best view on deck 6 is over middle of lifeboat/tender or most forward DO balcony on either side. Also forward deck 7 and 8 DO balconies have a decent view at railing as obstruction is only ship's superstructure at front.

AnthemDObal.jpg.5045eab1e1d6f21f90ed33b10cd945bc.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Robtulipe is correct. The "porthole" balconies on decks 7 and 8 are a solid bet, sheltered from sun and not obstructed at all.

If you search cc you'll find extensive threads on this subject back in late 2014 / early 2015 when Quantum debuted including charts and pictures. There are also lots of pics on the web you can find by googling by cabin #.

For those familiar with Anthem's 9-night cruise to Bermuda and the Caribbean, stopping at Bermuda, St. Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee, which side of the ship is better? Port or Starboard? That is, what side of the ship is better for catching views of docking in port / port in general.

For those familiar with Anthem's 9-night cruise to Bermuda and the Caribbean, stopping at Bermuda, St. Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee, which side of the ship is better? Port or Starboard? That is, what side of the ship is better for catching views of docking in port / port in general.

Varies cruises to cruise.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, robtulipe said:

Below is an Anthem deck 6 plan I did showing location of all the lifeboat davits, large and small. The two diamonds are the single davits for the small emergency runabouts. Quantum lifeboats are similarly located but have slightly different positions as some side by side davits are further apart. Not sure about Ovation.

We once had cabin 6292 on Anthem and it was very noisy especially at night as it was directly above the service/staircase/elevators area for both Jamie's Italian and Café TWO70.

Least obstructed DO balconies are 6160 and 6560 which are on the forward jump section in front of the first lifeboat davits on either side of Anthem.

2125393650_AnthemDavits(1000x272).thumb.jpg.7248001c5fa859a6c807ec52285a3e59.jpg

We are in 6672, which is right where the arrow is. What does this mean? That our balcony will be very obstructed?

3 hours ago, Kholland said:

We are in 6672, which is right where the arrow is. What does this mean? That our balcony will be very obstructed?

6672 is 75% obstructed. You will have the front of a life boat up to the railing as well as the divat that holds the lifeboat a foot or so above the railing. . 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, vacation rccl said:

FYI....Just off the Anthem, there is a smoking area on deck 5 starboard. I am certain that the cabins above that area will be affected by the smoke! 

I read on another thread that was an issue.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:27 PM, robtulipe said:

Do you have this for the front cabins too please? I’m on deck 6 in 8D and it is meant to be a clear view?

thanks. 

15 hours ago, Manitoban said:

Tried to enlarge the deck plan, no luck.  I've booked 6308.  How's the obstruction?

There is a single lifeboat davit in front obstructing that balcony's view similar to the shot below which is of the davit in front of cabin 6162. I don't have a shot directly out from any balcony with such a davit in front of it.

P1040875a (2) (640x511).jpg

Edited by robtulipe