Club Cozumel Caribe/Buccanos Bar & Grill

Sunny AZ Girl

Friends of ours were recently at Buccanos and Grill (formerly Club Cozumel Caribe) and really enjoyed their day. They loved the beach and the snorkeling in addition to the food. They have been to Cozumel on cruises multiple times and they said it was their best experience ever. We will be going to Cozumel in September and were hoping to also try out this place. We have been looking for a relaxing beach day with beach snorkeling, shade and good food. This sounds like the ticket!

We also did not want to pre-pay for a beach reservation as we plan to go to the beach only if the weather cooperates. I was wondering if anyone else has been to this spot recently? Are cabs readily available for the return trip to the ship? Is snorkeling equipment available to rent? How was your experience?

Have not been, and it is not mentioned often, but in general cabs on Cozumel are easy and well regulated (especially compared to the crooks in Philly :mad: ) - if one is not waiting to take you back to the ship the staff can call and have one there in minutes.

If you use the search engine for this forum you will find a few reviews. (Probably more hits for Buccanos.)

We really enjoy Buccanos but not their policy for entrance fee for cruisers. They charge an entrance fee that “includes” snorkel equipment whether you want it or not. If we wanted to snorkel we would prefer to bring our own. Therefore we only go when staying on the island where the entrance fee is credited towards food and drink. HOWEVER, since you want to hire snorkel equipment anyway, it may suit you.

We have only been while staying on the island and just take a taxi and pay the rate per taxi. We haven’t had a problem getting a taxi for return. Several people have reported taking a taxi from the cruise ship and paying a pp inclusive price for return transport and entrance fee. I am sure the driver gets a kick-back for this but I don’t know if they see the “tour “ advertised, or if they just ask a driver at dispatch.

The beach is not huge and there can be some group excursions from the ship for water activities. We prefer to sit in the quieter terrace areas. There is a pool.

Next door is Playa Azul which is also worth checking out and no entrance fee.

If you use the search engine for this forum you will find a few reviews. (Probably more hits for Buccanos.)

We really enjoy Buccanos but not their policy for entrance fee for cruisers. They charge an entrance fee that “includes” snorkel equipment whether you want it or not. If we wanted to snorkel we would prefer to bring our own. Therefore we only go when staying on the island where the entrance fee is credited towards food and drink. HOWEVER, since you want to hire snorkel equipment anyway, it may suit you.

We have only been while staying on the island and just take a taxi and pay the rate per taxi. We haven’t had a problem getting a taxi for return. Several people have reported taking a taxi from the cruise ship and paying a pp inclusive price for return transport and entrance fee. I am sure the driver gets a kick-back for this but I don’t know if they see the “tour “ advertised, or if they just ask a driver at dispatch.

The beach is not huge and there can be some group excursions from the ship for water activities. We prefer to sit in the quieter terrace areas. There is a pool.

Next door is Playa Azul which is also worth checking out and no entrance fee.

Thank you. I did do a search (I am not new to this forum) but there were very few recent reviews. I wanted something from within a year.

Thank you for your input. We usually bring our own snorkel gear, but this cruise is a B2B part 2 of a Transatlantic cruise with pre-cruise time in Europe, so we are limited with luggage. Our friends did go with a "tour" offered from the dock, but I am not sure if they paid a premium price for it or not. We have been to some of the more often recommended places on this board in the past and have enjoyed them, but the shore snorkeling was not good. We are hoping for a better snorkel experience without going on a boat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you. I did do a search (I am not new to this forum) but there were very few recent reviews. I wanted something from within a year.

Thank you for your input. We usually bring our own snorkel gear, but this cruise is a B2B part 2 of a Transatlantic cruise with pre-cruise time in Europe, so we are limited with luggage. Our friends did go with a "tour" offered from the dock, but I am not sure if they paid a premium price for it or not. We have been to some of the more often recommended places on this board in the past and have enjoyed them, but the shore snorkeling was not good. We are hoping for a better snorkel experience without going on a boat.

There was a fairly recent review but a quick search is not pulling it up - I don't know if it was deleted because it was a recommendation not linked to an existing thread or in response to a question. I think they paid the package price from the port.

it has been a few years since we were there so I cant help with how things are currently. I would certainly email before going to check on current policies they have been known to change pricing on the fly and it would be better to have it in writing before you go. they have always been quite good at answering any questions I have had.

There was a fairly recent review but a quick search is not pulling it up - I don't know if it was deleted because it was a recommendation not linked to an existing thread or in response to a question. I think they paid the package price from the port.

it has been a few years since we were there so I cant help with how things are currently. I would certainly email before going to check on current policies they have been known to change pricing on the fly and it would be better to have it in writing before you go. they have always been quite good at answering any questions I have had.

Thank you. I will do that! If we end up there I will respond and let everyone know what our experience was like.