Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

The gorgeous garden next to the library in Bermuda.

There were lots of people parked inside and outside the library to get there free wifi.

37a5f332954adea7994963d79c366c90.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We still have a cabin crawl and wine tasting to do before that :)

Oh dear, so much to do. Normally the sea days are a chance to relax after hectic port days. On this cruise it may be the other way round and you'll all be looking forward to a port day to recover.

What was it?

It appears from the daily program that there is no cocktail time music in the Crow's Nest. Is that correct? In the past there has been someone on the piano (not the same one who plays there later in the evening).

And the musician for later evening joins the group in the Ocean Bar at cocktail time.

Am I reading that right?

Sorry Ruth, it was a tuna comprised amuse bouche. It was very good.

I thought Stevie was playing in the Crow's Nest at Happy Hour (he's from Halifax by the way and quite good). I'll double check tomorrow for you. I'll inquire from my roll call. Happy Hour conflicts with Bingo, ya' know? ;):')

Our Bingo Buddy group was out in full force yesterday ;)

Oh dear, so much to do. Normally the sea days are a chance to relax after hectic port days. On this cruise it may be the other way round and you'll all be looking forward to a port day to recover.

Nah, we're fine. It's all fun stuff and only for those that want to do it. Nothing is obligatory on the roll call ;)

You do what appeals and you don't do what doesn't. No worries ;)

By the way, ncgolferette and SkippersMom are kindly giving a Mah Jonng lesson to those that have wanted to play but don't know how.

We were on the Prinsendam for our second cruise. A beautiful ship and I love being able to picture it all.

At that time, Capt. Albert was the only captain in the fleet doing a blog. He said it only took him a few minutes to do each post.

Jacqui , thanks for taking us along and thanks to everyone for their comments and pictures.

Deen

It doesn't take long to do a post if you have pre-composed it and copy but the problem I have having is that tapatalk is only downloading one pic at a time.

In the past I was able to do 5 pics per post. Considering that you have to wait a minute between posts, posting pics, when and where's, etc. Take more time now because of the one minute wait.

It is what it is. I'm making full use out of Bermuda wifi before DH's patience wanes. (Which may be very soon - LOL)

Catching up again.

We love the Pinnacle food on all ships.

One item we both love is the caviar. And I get the chocolate volcano cake a lot.

Great pictures.

Didn't get any takers on the caviar last night, but we have several PG dinners left so caviar and the volcano cake will be had. I was trying to be good last night.

I had to be good after my HUGE faux pas.

I will compose that little embarrassing story later and share. If I don't I suspect someone else will.:eek:;):loudcry:

Sorry Ruth, it was a tuna comprised amuse bouche. It was very good.

Thanks. I like to know what they think I'm going to eat.

I thought Stevie was playing in the Crow's Nest at Happy Hour (he's from Halifax by the way and quite good). I'll double check tomorrow for you. I'll inquire

No, no! I'm not asking about Happy Hour. That's way too early. I want to know what the music opportunities are between 7:00-8:00. I always go to cocktails before dinner, and I'm not seeing a lot of choices on the daily program.

I just want to confirm what's available.

Thanks.

Had my coffee this am and enjoy your wonderful photos.

The minute I saw the pictures I knew PG!!! The food is awesome and we enjoyed on our last cruise staying there.

Rudis pop up on The Maasdam was outstanding and we added the seafood tower to our dinner! Reminded us of Le Dome in Paris. Must say gained some pounds🙄 but well worth it🤗 Cellars Masters OMGOSH!!

Thank you THANKYOU for letting us enjoy your cruise Jacqui!

Denise:)

Thanks. I like to know what they think I'm going to eat.

No, no! I'm not asking about Happy Hour. That's way too early. I want to know what the music opportunities are between 7:00-8:00. I always go to cocktails before dinner, and I'm not seeing a lot of choices on the daily program.

I just want to confirm what's available.

Thanks.

Between 7 and 8 the Trio was playing as well as the Adagio. I'll check out the Crow's Nest for you but we really enjoyed the Adagio last night and the Ocean Trio were playing on the 7th floor as well.

Certainly musical options at 7 pm and even at 6 pm :D

The Adagio were very good last night. Very appreciated by the crowd. Get there by 7 though otherwise it's hard to find a place to sit. They are very popular and, deservedly so.

The musical performances are listed in a separate spot on the When and Where, not necessarily in the hourly program.

Adagio perform every hour. Ocean Trio's last erformance is at 10:45.

Edited by kazu

I am wearing out my Ipad battery so I best make the best of the wifi here and the battery life.

Here is our dinner menu for the first night (embarkation). I posted pics earlier I believe?

44a6934d490e02d5df7ad6c172f2f863.jpg

Here is last night's menu that we missed.

Grrr, kazu missed her prime rib. Hopefully my other specialty dining doesn't clash with the prime rib.

The tenderloin was unbelievably good on our Gala night so I suspect the prime rib will be as well.

e4f350b90adb78cdf82c2628dc483eb5.jpg

Quite the contrast in churches in Bermuda:

fa65663e4aa570b67bba6bcbdf4d2afb.jpg

This one is so simple and then just a few steps away is this one.

DH has been very patient with me and letting me have some time.

I know how to keep him happy ;)

3a73abfffd7ae7c4ab05c77b9160c7a0.jpg

He's having an Irish beer to get ready for our 2nd segment.

Back to the ship for the sail a way party.

Cheers all :)

Great pictures of you all Jacqui, enjoying your thread very much. Great food pictures also....everything looks wonderful.

Will have to catch up in 10 days or so after we get back from the Bermuda cruise. Thanks for sharing your cruise with all of us!

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and you all have a happy and safe trip....enjoy!

I just got a HAL email that in the second leg, the call at Bristol has been replaced with a call in Cobh. Does anyone on board know why?

We are joining you for the Dover Amsterdam leg.

George

Edited by Goonhilly