What broadway play?

George C

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

George C,  thanks for the tip.  I downloaded the app and will play around with it to see what is out there.  Have a great day

Remember the Lincoln center and South-street locations are a lot less crowded shorter wait time and if you buy a ticket on Friday for Friday night you can then buy another ticket for next days afternoon show , same goes for Saturday and Sunday afternoon show . Can not to that with Times Square location.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, Nitemare said:

I hope you like it more than we did!

Little Shop is incredibly well done.  Freestyle Love Supreme is great if you are a fan of Improv and rap/hiphop.  We had Chris Jackson and Wayne Brady and a few other amazing performers

I saw Moulin Rouge today with an understudy for Danny Burstein.The first act was great and the second act was very good. All 40 members of my theater club had the same opinion . Many are retired actors and writers.

I was very pleasantly surprised considering the remarks on CC of those who saw the show.

We are lunch at Frankie and Johhnnie’s Steakhouse .While I enjoyed my lunch my wife and 3 friends did not like theirs.

• Like 1

Saw Come Away this week and agree with other posters it was amazing. I would say if you can see this play go. We were able to talk to the cast afterwards and they said a movie is in the works. Screenplay is being written.

Edited by pamkev
Added more info
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Moulin Rouge today with an understudy for Danny Burstein.The first act was great and the second act was very good. All 40 members of my theater club had the same opinion . Many are retired actors and writers.

I was very pleasantly surprised considering the remarks on CC of those who saw the show.

We are lunch at Frankie and Johhnnie’s Steakhouse .While I enjoyed my lunch my wife and 3 friends did not like theirs.

Glad you liked it!  We've seen Danny in a bunch of shows (Golden Boy was our favorite).  Thought he was totally wrong for this role.

Man, F&J brings back old memories!

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

Glad you liked it!  We've seen Danny in a bunch of shows (Golden Boy was our favorite).  Thought he was totally wrong for this role.

Man, F&J brings back old memories!

I have lived in NY all my life ,the majority in NYC and never went to the restaurant previously.

I was looking forward to seeing Danny Burstein.He was interviewed recently about his career,a 6 time Tony nominee.He remarked that both he and his wife can walk down the street in NYC without being recognized which I find amazing .I would have liked to see him yesterday ,however,his understudy was excellent.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, Nitemare said:

TKTS booth is fine for discounts, but you are better off buying your discounted tickets in advance, online, where you can chose your seats without spending limited vacation time.

TKTS, which is last minute, by definition, may not have 4 or 6 seats together.  Buying online you will have a good choice of seats and pricepoints.  TKTS often only offers the higher priced seats.

My wife and I often used playbill.com for  discounts. They average about 40% off list, and are often good for today and out several weeks. They usually had all price points.

You won't get Hamilton, but you can see a lot of good theater.

1 hour ago, Cienfuegos said:

My wife and I often used playbill.com for  discounts. They average about 40% off list, and are often good for today and out several weeks. They usually had all price points.

You won't get Hamilton, but you can see a lot of good theater.

Friends of ours stood in line one Wednesday late morning at TKTS and got tickets for Hamilton.Front row ,mezzanine ,direct center $167.00 each.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

That's great. I hope they bought lottery tickets, too.

Hamilton has been very generous with tickets for school kids, TKTS, charitable benefits,  etc

My friend’s daughter got 2 in the lottery for Halloween for $20 each. She and her husband drove their daughters in, planning on just getting a bite to eat (they had seen it previously). They decided to line up for standby, just in case, and ended up with box seats for $10 each. The only downside was that they were starving. Their daughters ended up in the front row.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

That's great. I hope they bought lottery tickets, too.

Hamilton has been very generous with tickets for school kids, TKTS, charitable benefits,  etc

I have posted previously that my daughter,a teacher brought her high school class to see Hamilton earlier this year.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, Cienfuegos said:

I've used Playbill Club for discount codes many times in the past, but Playbill scaled down about a year ago and seems to have shuttered their discount code operation. 

However, another big one, broadwayabox.com is still around with great discount codes.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, George C said:

Remember the Lincoln center and South-street locations are a lot less crowded shorter wait time and if you buy a ticket on Friday for Friday night you can then buy another ticket for next days afternoon show , same goes for Saturday and Sunday afternoon show . Can not to that with Times Square location.  

Also, Seaport opens at 11 a.m., which, I believe, is at least an hour earlier than the other locations.  

• Like 1

I have the following TKTS question, and can't find the answer on their site or in their FAQ:   when TKTS has tickets available on a certain day for a specific show, will each of the TKTS locations have the same inventory for that show?   I would assume that they are dealing with electronic tickets, and that the answer would be yes, but I've learned that it can be unwise to make assumptions about things.  🙃

Thanks for any info!

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I have the following TKTS question, and can't find the answer on their site or in their FAQ:   when TKTS has tickets available on a certain day for a specific show, will each of the TKTS locations have the same inventory for that show?   I would assume that they are dealing with electronic tickets, and that the answer would be yes, but I've learned that it can be unwise to make assumptions about things.  🙃

Thanks for any info!

The TKTS app should tell you what is available at each booth.  Also, by Googling the question, I just found this on headoutblog.com/tkts-broadway-tickets/  431741532_Screenshot2019-11-1421_16_022.thumb.png.8bba9b9c95dffa2678c090f416b2ff3f.png

• Thanks 1

I want to recommend the shows now playing at New World Stages which technically considered off Broadway.

Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages, and The Play That Goes Wrong. There is not a bad seat in the house; the seats themselves are wide; and there are ample brand new bathrooms. 

You can most most likely get tickets at the TKTS booth for these shows. 

Just saw Rock of Ages which I thought was a lot of fun and had never seen on Broadway. 

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I want to recommend the shows now playing at New World Stages which technically considered off Broadway.

Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages, and The Play That Goes Wrong. There is not a bad seat in the house; the seats themselves are wide; and there are ample brand new bathrooms. 

Thanks, good to know; haven’t been in that complex yet. We’ll be seeing The Play That Goes Wrong in a couple of months. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Got2Cruise said:

You can most most likely get tickets at the TKTS booth for these shows. 

Just saw Rock of Ages which I thought was a lot of fun and had never seen on Broadway. 

Another show, Imbible, The History of Drinking is playing there as well. We saw it in August before a cruise and it was a good show and a fun time. You can get discount tix thru Playbill.com if you don't want to wait in line. They were the same price as we paid at TKTS.

A number of big Broadway shows have transferred here to New World Stages after their runs in the big theaters. We saw Rent and Avenue Q here, had better seats, and most of the casts were the same. This is a great complex!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my son in laws and my oldest grand daughter saw that play recently and thought it was great.

The Play The Goes Wrong is pure slapstick. And very well done. The tour came through SF a few months ago and I was an usher. The crowd roared with laughter over the full 2+ hours of the play. (Although there were a few curmudgeons - including a couple of coworkers - who basically weren't fans of slapstick and didn't like it at all)

There's a new  "The ...That Goes Wrong" in London right now.

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are seeing the play “Once” again tomorrow afternoon in Dallas they will have a bar setup on the stage and you can go up before play starts and at intermission and order a drink 😁, we will definitely have one . Really good play . 

Hope “kill a mockingbird “ is still playing on our next nyc visit.