Catamaran Snorkel Cruise Recommendation

hmmerr01

We did the fastcat turtle snorkel through the ship last year. Really nice catamaran boat, snorkeling with turtles just okay, then beach afterwards for 1+ hours, back to port. Good half day excursion.

2017_Magic_StThoma298-L.jpg

2017_StThomas_snorkel1-L.jpg

when you get off at the beach, you have to walk in chest deep water to shore, same on way back. There was plenty of rum punch flowing though, so most people didn't care. Food was for sale on shore.

2017_StThomas_snorkel5-L.jpg

robin

I love smaller boats but these old legs don't! Last time there a like a little thin ladder and it was hard for me to get up and down. So now I look for Cats cause they are so easy to get on and off.

We did the fastcat turtle snorkel through the ship last year. Really nice catamaran boat, snorkeling with turtles just okay, then beach afterwards for 1+ hours, back to port. Good half day excursion.

when you get off at the beach, you have to walk in chest deep water to shore, same on way back. There was plenty of rum punch flowing though, so most people didn't care. Food was for sale on shore.

robin

I am thinking of booking this exact tour. How many people were on this excursion? We will be in port from 1:30 until 10 pm. It has been super hard to find any non cruise ship afternoon cruises to see turtles. We will be there October 1st. Thanks for your reply.

They had 2 catamarans and I would guess about 25 people each. It really never felt crowded, but once we got to the beach, the Tiki boat was already there, and they had at least 50 more. If you want to buy food at the beach, there is a little shack, cash only.

2017_Magic_StThoma341-L.jpg

2017_Magic_StThoma339-L.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

robin

I noticed on the excursion page that it says there is weight maximum of 275 pp. My husband is 6'4 and about 350.

Did they enforce that, could you tell?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk