Talk to me about Bermuda with a toddler!

welove2cruise2014

I think we will finally break down and buy a lighter weight/umbrella stroller, so we'll have that with us for walking around the ship, Kings Wharf, etc. But what about taxis - buses - etc with regard to car seats? We would likely bring a super lightweight travel seat (Cosco Scenera NEXT has been recommended to me several times). Just not sure if it makes sense to try and plan to explore further out than the Kings Wharf area with her (she will be 2 at the time of sailing). Anyone done any sightseeing cruises or the like - or is that just asking for a fussy, bored kid? ;p;p

Thanks in advance for any insight and recommendations!

I think we will finally break down and buy a lighter weight/umbrella stroller, so we'll have that with us for walking around the ship, Kings Wharf, etc. But what about taxis - buses - etc with regard to car seats? We would likely bring a super lightweight travel seat (Cosco Scenera NEXT has been recommended to me several times). Just not sure if it makes sense to try and plan to explore further out than the Kings Wharf area with her (she will be 2 at the time of sailing). Anyone done any sightseeing cruises or the like - or is that just asking for a fussy, bored kid? ;p;p

Thanks in advance for any insight and recommendations!

Car seats are not required on buses, minibuses or taxis. So it is up to you whether you want to bring one. If you bring one to a taxi I have read the taxi the driver might put it in the trunk.

We travelled with our granddaughter to Bermuda a couple of years ago...she was two at the time. We never used a car seat in any of the buses or taxis we were in and never felt she was in any danger (vehicles don’t go that fast there...not like here!) we kept the “sight seeing” to a minimum....We did take a trip to the aquarium, she wasn’t “impressed”....she’s two! A lighter stroller is a good idea, one that will close easily is even better. When you get on to bus there is a spot right up front where you store the stroller. Like to be able to tell you that there’s a lot to do with a toddler but there really isn’t...

• 4 weeks later...

There is a free train that goes around the Dockyard on a loop and stops at several stores etc. One of the stops is Snorkel Park Beach which is relatively inexpensive, and close enough to the ship if you need to return quickly. We like it because it is close to the ship and doesn't require a long walk up or down a hill. Outside SPB was a small splash park that would probably be perfect for a 2-year-old.

• 1 month later...

We travelled to Bermuda with our two year old granddaughter and getting the stroller on and off the ferry was very simple/easy...same as any of the bus transportation. My only suggestion would be is to use a lightweight, easy fold-up style stroller.