No flip flops or basketball shorts in MDR?!

MommyAJ6

This is true. Just off Carnival Conquest last week. Saw one clown with a baseball hat,some with shorts,some with jeans on elegant night. I don't feel they will stop you and possibly impact the tips for the servers. Some sneakers on elegant night as well. It really doesn't bother me.

What else would you expect? You were on the Walmart of cruise lines.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How pathetic does your life have to be for someone who doesn’t cruise carnival to sit on a carnival message board and criticize people who do?

Why do people come to a CARNIVAL forum just to troll the CARNIVAL cruisers? I don't visit the other forums but I wonder how many people go over to the MSC or RC or Disney forums just to troll those members? If you don't like Carnival, why bother coming to a Carnival forum to post? Some of you people are the exact reason CC has the reputation that it does and you coming here to make fun of the cruisers for what they wear make you no better. One day you'll be able to get your nose out of the air and see the rest of the world.

Yikes. There's a lot of mean comments on this thread....

I wish the mods would step in more and speak about policies (instead of just deleting the bad posts).

I would just call the comments.."you are going on a cruise, they have standards, if you don't want to follow them, find another vacation" I would say, dress accordingly to the venue, if it requires pants...wear them, restaurants are not beaches

I would just call the comments.."you are going on a cruise, they have standards, if you don't want to follow them, find another vacation" I would say, dress accordingly to the venue, if it requires pants...wear them, restaurants are not beaches

But they don’t require pants? So what’s the point? If someone asks let’s them know the reality; it’s a lot like a resort, or even better point them to Instagram or something so they can see for themselves and decide. Belligerent communication isn’t really the way to get others to see your viewpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

There's that Walmart thing again...from someone who has never sailed on Carnival. :) Surprise, surprise.

What I don't understand is, what does that mean. The biggest, the most profitable, the best value. I shop at Walmart...what's the problem?

just wondering.

But they don’t require pants? So what’s the point? If someone asks let’s them know the reality; it’s a lot like a resort, or even better point them to Instagram or something so they can see for themselves and decide. Belligerent communication isn’t really the way to get others to see your viewpoint.

So, then let them come into the dining room dressed as Eddie from Vegas Vacation .....muscle shirt, trunks, snorkeling mask, swim fins....I personally don't care what anyone wears..."Belligerent communication" I haven't even got started yet.

Just back from the Splendor and dress code definitely NOT enforced. On our second formal evening there was a group of people wearing sweat pants and jean jackets. On other nights guys wearing caps and basketball shorts. Can’t wait to get my survey to complaint about that . Hopefully they listen

It appears the only snowflake mentality is amongst those wanting rigid adherence to a suggested example. What's up with that? Let me know when the waiters stop doing stripper shows on podiums, while you're at it.

A "code" (such as the Code of Conduct) is not some "suggested example". It would help greatly if the people here could actually understand the words they read on the website (come on, this is something in the neighborhood of 3rd grade English comprehension). :mad:

Decide what? You nor anyone else on these boards get to decide what the dress code is. Your only job is to follow it in the MDR or eat elsewhere. Not too difficult of a task.

If we don't want to adhere to the dress code we eat elsewhere. The AI we stay at isn't fancy which is why we go there. They do require dry clothes and no sleeveless shirts for men. DH is very comfortable there in his T-shirt and shorts or button up shirt sleeve shirt and shorts. If I want to wear a cute sundress that works too. You have to pick a vacation that fits your style. If you want Tshirts flip flops and basketball shorts then pick a vacation that fits that requirement.

Hi

There's that Walmart thing again..

What I don't understand is, what does that mean. The biggest, the most profitable, the best value. I shop at Walmart...what's the problem?

Where's the "Like" button for this. I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

OP, I've lost track of when you are sailing, but I hope you're going to write a review (with pictures, I love pictures).

Hi

There's that Walmart thing again...from someone who has never sailed on Carnival. :) Surprise, surprise.

just wondering.

The Walmart reference is directed a clientele - and to some extent level of service/decor. Walmart is a giant value place, and many people, from wealthy to poor shop there for this reason. But, be honest - compare it to other chains such as T@rget. The merchandise quality is better, the overall appearance of the store better, and someone may even pass you and offer to help you find something. The people that shop there are far more often than not dressed in basic casual clothes that you could wear to eat at a chain restaurant. With Walmart, you see women walking around in PJ pants, curlers and slippers and men in tank tops with the plumber crack visible to all; you see dirty hands and feet, pass people with BO, and people are very often rude or crude. I have had both men and women alike in Walmart walk past on their phone or chatting with a friend, dropping the f-bomb in front of their children and everyone elses without regard for propriety; they either don't know better or worse - simply don't care. To sum it up, Walmart has an element of lower "class" in other words they lack style, taste and manners.

So, when Carnival is referred to as the Walmart of the seas, it is for the reason that it is the most common value cruise line - but with that comes a portion of travelers that lack class. We travel Carnival frequently for the value and simply ignore those that lack class; we prefer Princess as an experience because it is a more traditional cruise experience and the passengers appear to be "classier."

And for the record, I shopped at Walmart this weekend...but I don't care for my shopping experience, but sometimes, with schedule or needs, it is the best alternative.

The Walmart reference is directed a clientele - and to some extent level of service/decor. Walmart is a giant value place, and many people, from wealthy to poor shop there for this reason. But, be honest - compare it to other chains such as T@rget. The merchandise quality is better, the overall appearance of the store better, and someone may even pass you and offer to help you find something. The people that shop there are far more often than not dressed in basic casual clothes that you could wear to eat at a chain restaurant. With Walmart, you see women walking around in PJ pants, curlers and slippers and men in tank tops with the plumber crack visible to all; you see dirty hands and feet, pass people with BO, and people are very often rude or crude. I have had both men and women alike in Walmart walk past on their phone or chatting with a friend, dropping the f-bomb in front of their children and everyone elses without regard for propriety; they either don't know better or worse - simply don't care. To sum it up, Walmart has an element of lower "class" in other words they lack style, taste and manners.

So, when Carnival is referred to as the Walmart of the seas, it is for the reason that it is the most common value cruise line - but with that comes a portion of travelers that lack class. We travel Carnival frequently for the value and simply ignore those that lack class; we prefer Princess as an experience because it is a more traditional cruise experience and the passengers appear to be "classier."

And for the record, I shopped at Walmart this weekend...but I don't care for my shopping experience, but sometimes, with schedule or needs, it is the best alternative.

Sadly, this is true. I am thankful that my family doesn't shop in any physical store anymore. We have no reason to go into any store except an emergency run to the convenience store to grab some milk if we run out. This post reminds me one of the reasons WHY we don't go to stores for anything.

He will wear a nice pair of khaki pants for dinner and he can change back to his shorts afterward if he chooses to to so. Our cruise isn't until January though, so we have some time lol

Thank you for all the helpful responses from those of you not just out looking for an argument!

I always dress as required, but I don't understand the discrimination against jeans. Away from work I live my life in jeans. Properly tailored and worn there is little difference between them and any other cotton trouser.

Mommy AJ6

Are yall are on the conquest January 27th 2019? That's the cruise that my friend and I are on.

I am!!! It's my first cruise ever! We're so excited. There's a Roll Call for that cruise, join it if you haven't already. We're in room 6285. :)

He will wear a nice pair of khaki pants for dinner and he can change back to his shorts afterward if he chooses to to so. Our cruise isn't until January though, so we have some time lol

Thank you for all the helpful responses from those of you not just out looking for an argument!

Good to hear, maybe once on board, he will see what others are wearing, and you never know, he just might surprise you.