“Enhanced” O Club Amenities

both the before & after the magic date amenities listed are more vague in the OBC amounts ..no $$ value listed

Yes, but it's been that way for over a month. It's different than it was when they first rolled it out, but they changed it within a few days to what it is now. At least that's my recollection of it.

Lyn, look at this post by CBB. it's been that way at least since then.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55532922&postcount=85

Edited by ORV

Yes, but it's been that way for over a month. It's different than it was when they first rolled it out, but they changed it within a few days to what it is now. At least that's my recollection of it.

I do not disagree but before the changes were announce they had the $ value of the amenities now you have to look in a brochure to see the OBC amount

They should replace the free internet with something else since all the cruises have free internet anyway

I do not recall getting free internet with the Oceania Club benefits or maybe my mind is going :eek:

you could get a discount on the package rate

I do not disagree but before the changes were announce they had the $ value of the amenities now you have to look in a brochure to see the OBC amount

I just googled the amenities and it says $200 credit for bronze after November. Same as it was before the enhancement with $100 and a bottle of champagne. I gues they were looking at people’s complaints.

Benefits after November 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

Benefits before 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

What is changed???

I just googled the amenities and it says $200 credit for bronze after November. Same as it was before the enhancement with $100 and a bottle of champagne. I gues they were looking at people’s complaints.

Benefits after November 2019

Benefits before 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

What is changed???

Ok when I click on the links it just states free OBC

maybe the USA site shows amounts

In any case the brochure has lesser OBC amounts for each level

you can view the brochure

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/request-brochure/

page 13 for the new amounts

It's been awhile since we've sailed O. Our last one was the Trans Panama Canal in 2015. Our upcoming cruise on Riviera in March will only be number seven for us, so we are not in the heavy hitters' amenities range anyway, We also sail on Regent where there is considerable discussion of changes in the loyalty program, as well. We are flooded with offers to cruise whatever floats. Competition for passengers is fierce, if my mailbox and email volume means anything.

A high proportion of passengers on all of our recent cruises on Oceania and Regent were repeaters, including us. Our presence is pretty strong evidence that these cruise lines offer a very appealing product. It is no surprise that tweaking this and that program feature comes up now. I think management expects to attract lots of new passengers, and would like to spend less keeping them loyal. I certainly see why people already on the upper levels might resent receiving fewer benefits than expected, if that's really the case. Maybe this is only part of the story and is to be continued. . .

Mary

Ok when I click on the links it just states free OBC

maybe the USA site shows amounts

In any case the brochure has lesser OBC amounts for each level

you can view the brochure

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/request-brochure/

page 13 for the new amounts

Same deal for the USA site. I don't know what Lais is seeing.

I do have the before and after information saved and printed so I can compare it.

Same deal for the USA site. I don't know what Lais is seeing.

I do have the before and after information saved and printed so I can compare it.

Here is what I am seeing.

My guy at Oceania sent me this, the new enhanced benefits

c4a7615f3a18373e45527521497f1337.jpg

Now I found this link that shows this

It says $200 obc for bronze after November

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off of Nautica on April 30 (the Bangkok to Mumbai sailing). This sailing was #12 for us, so we are Silver and have been enjoying our PPGs and our $400 OBC and looking forward to arriving at Gold in a few more sailings.

We booked two additional cruises while on the ship and felt that we would be grandfathered in Silver. That does not seem to be the case. Both cruises were booked with the Ambassador on board and during the same sitting. The May 2019 sailing on Nautica to the Canary Islands showed our historic Silver PPGs and $400 OBC. The Dec. 2019 Buenos Aires to Santiago on Marina shows us still with Silver status, but with only a $250 OBC rather than our expected $400 OBC. I was told that the understanding is "no one" will be grandfathered in. She even held off printing the booking until she double checked. But, it appears as if it is really happening, Folks!

In addition, in the past when both our Silver status and our TA have provided PPGs, we have also been given some additional OBC which showed up on the invoice, page 3, as "SBC in lieu of Oceania PrePaid Gratuities" and, although not the same as the PPG amount, was a nice three figure OBC that appeared to change from sailing to sailing. Well, that is also missing now.

I feel the same way as I did many years ago when I was dating someone for several years who began to take me for granted. Or, the employer that began to do the same after a number of years. I left each not long after that began.

Now I found this link that shows this

It says $200 obc for bronze after November

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is what I see when I click on your link... no $200

Bronze - 5-9 Cruise Credits

Everything from Blue tier PLUS:

• FREE shipboard credit
  • Savings on New internet package
  • Oceania Cruises branded gifts

Silver - 10-14 Cruise Credits

Everything from Bronze tier PLUS:

• Additional FREE shipboard credit
  • Complimentary pre-paid gratuities
  • VIP designation
  • Savings on the Unlimited Passport Shore Excursion Collection
  • Savings on the Prestige Select and House Select Beverage Packages

The chart is closer to the brochure chart

We just got off of Nautica on April 30 (the Bangkok to Mumbai sailing). This sailing was #12 for us, so we are Silver and have been enjoying our PPGs and our $400 OBC and looking forward to arriving at Gold in a few more sailings.

We booked two additional cruises while on the ship and felt that we would be grandfathered in Silver. That does not seem to be the case. Both cruises were booked with the Ambassador on board and during the same sitting. The May 2019 sailing on Nautica to the Canary Islands showed our historic Silver PPGs and $400 OBC. The Dec. 2019 Buenos Aires to Santiago on Marina shows us still with Silver status, but with only a $250 OBC rather than our expected $400 OBC. I was told that the understanding is "no one" will be grandfathered in. She even held off printing the booking until she double checked. But, it appears as if it is really happening, Folks!

In addition, in the past when both our Silver status and our TA have provided PPGs, we have also been given some additional OBC which showed up on the invoice, page 3, as "SBC in lieu of Oceania PrePaid Gratuities" and, although not the same as the PPG amount, was a nice three figure OBC that appeared to change from sailing to sailing. Well, that is also missing now.

I feel the same way as I did many years ago when I was dating someone for several years who began to take me for granted. Or, the employer that began to do the same after a number of years. I left each not long after that began.

Yes the grandfather idea was discussed in another thread a while back ...not happening

Did you talk to your TA about the additional OBC ?

Things change with most loyalty programs

this is what I see when I click on your link... no $200

Bronze - 5-9 Cruise Credits

• FREE shipboard credit
  • Savings on New internet package
  • Oceania Cruises branded gifts

Silver - 10-14 Cruise Credits

• Additional FREE shipboard credit
  • VIP designation
  • Savings on the Unlimited Passport Shore Excursion Collection
  • Savings on the Prestige Select and House Select Beverage Packages

The chart is closer to the brochure chart

And this is what I see for the Amenities After Nov 1, 2019, but FWIW I'm currently in Europe.

Bronze - Cruise Credits 5-9

• USD$200 shipboard credit
  • 20% savings on any single internet package

Silver - Cruise Credits 10-14

• Additional USD$200 shipboard credit (USD$400 total)
  • 10% savings on the Unlimited Passport shore excursion collection
  • 10% savings on the Prestige Select and House Select beverage packages

Interesting

I would probably go with what is in the latest brochure for 2019-2020

if you clear your cookies for Oceania do you still get the same info??

Just curious

And this is what I see for the Amenities After Nov 1, 2019, but FWIW I'm currently in Europe.

Bronze - Cruise Credits 5-9

• USD$200 shipboard credit
  • 20% savings on any single internet package

Silver - Cruise Credits 10-14

• Additional USD$200 shipboard credit (USD$400 total)
  • 10% savings on the Unlimited Passport shore excursion collection
  • 10% savings on the Prestige Select and House Select beverage packages

Yes that is exactly what I see too. I am in Italy right now. I was going to upload that but you saved me the trouble. I guess US sites can’t see it.

Yes that is exactly what I see too. I am in Italy right now. I was going to upload that but you saved me the trouble. I guess US sites can’t see it.

Or perhaps the websites you guys are seeing in Europe have the old information. That's what I'd bet on.

Although I hope you're right.

Or perhaps the websites you guys are seeing in Europe have the old information. That's what I'd bet on.
I thought of that, but the Gold benefits are different as shown below. FWIW, I wouldn't want my cruise to start on November 1, 2019 as it appears you have no benefits on that date:

Amenities Before Nov 1, 2019

Gold - Cruise Credits 15-19

Everything from Silver tier PLUS:

• Additional USD$100 shipboard credit (USD$500 total)
  • Two complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments

Amenities After Nov 1, 2019

FWIW, I also just logged onto the US website, and no amounts were shown.

I thought of that, but the Gold benefits are different as shown below. FWIW, I wouldn't want my cruise to start on November 1, 2019 as it appears you have no benefits on that date:

Amenities Before Nov 1, 2019

• Two complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments

Amenities After Nov 1, 2019

FWIW, I also just logged onto the US website, and no amounts were shown.

So what you're seeing it shows no included deviation after 11/1/19? Or did you just not copy that part?

Of course there seems to be different information all over the place. Someone(or someones) in the information dept seems to have dropped the ball on this roll out.

So what you're seeing it shows no included deviation after 11/1/19?
Correct, Europe site (shown in my previous post) shows NO custom air fee waiver because European fares do not include airfare; whereas, US site shows the following:

• Two complimentary Custom Air Fee Waivers

After Nov 1, 2019, shipboard credit for Silver tier has been reduced from $400 to $250.

We have just booked a 2020 cruise, and below are the new Silver amenities that our TA sent:

OCEANIA CLUB COMP INTERNET BENEFIT + 30% DISCOUNT 1, 2

OCEANIA CLUB COMPLIMENTARY GRATUITIES

OCEANIA CLUB SILVER LEVEL SHIPBOARD CREDIT PER SUITE $250.00

OCEANIA CLUB SILVER MEMBER CAP AND TOTE BAG

OCEANIA CLUB COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF WINE