mrs.cog

Prague hotel recommendations

Looks like we’ll be doing post cruise in Prague. Going to try to do it on our own. Would like a hotel centrally located. Welcome any suggestions.

The Savic Hotel in Old Town is a few minutes from the Metro, and also very close to Old Town Square. A few minutes more and you're at the Charles Bridge. Lots of nice restaurants near the hotel. We stayed there last May.

Thank you for the recommendations. Did you purchase any tours while you were there or did you do progress on your own?

We did everything independently. We bought two Prague cards, with public transport incuded, as soon as we arrived. You can buy them at the airport, right in the arrivals hall. Then we took public transport to Old Town, and walked to our hotel. Easy.

Prague is pretty compact and the Metro/Tram system is handy. Since I have international data roaming in my cell phone plan, I used their app to provide real-time routing and times for public transport. That way we always knew what bus/tram/metro to take, and where/when it would arrive.

Have fun!

We are booked for 4 nights at the Aria post-cruise later this year. It gets excellent reviews both for the location and the hotel itself, but I haven't been there myself yet. We have booked a half-day tour for our first day with the same company we are using for transit from Passau to Cesky Krumlov and Prague at the end of our cruise. We generally like to do a tour for an overview when we are first visiting a new place, and then do the rest on our own. That way we often see (and hear about) things we otherwise might have missed if we were completely on our own, and it also helps to tailor what we want to do and see for the rest of the time.

We did Prague Hilton....used points and it was a great location and had a fabulous breakfast...

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Pod Vezi, which we just loved! Right by the Charles bridge, breakfast buffet included. They had a fantastic restaurant there, where we had breakfast each morning and had dinner one night. Best dinner we had in Prague!

We didn't stay there, but we also had dinner at Pod Vezi. It was nice but - just my subjective opinion - we liked dinner at U Modré Kachničky (Blue Duck) a little more.

Agree that it's in a nice location. Close to the tram up to the castle, and just across the bridge to Old Town.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We booked a one bedroom apartment right on old town square through AirBNB. Great price and the location was amazing. We were right above the little garden area with a couple places to eat and close to everything. I loved hearing the church bells in the morning and opening up my window to enjoy the view while I had my morning coffee. Was also nice to have a place to make our own food since we were there for a week.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1151056

Also got the Prague card and it really came in handy.

We didn't stay there, but we also had dinner at Pod Vezi. It was nice but - just my subjective opinion - we liked dinner at U Modré Kachničky (Blue Duck) a little more.

Hi JP. We are starting to look at restaurants in Budapest and Prague where we might want to make advance reservations for later this year. Sounds like U Modré Kachničky might be one of them for Prague! Their menu looks great!

Bubbulz, it was really tasty as well. Hope you enjoy. We also ate at a pub called U Tří růží (three roses) right across the street from Savic Hotel, where we stayed. I had a pork knuckle the size of my head!

Bubbulz, it was really tasty as well. Hope you enjoy. We also ate at a pub called U Tří růží (three roses) right across the street from Savic Hotel, where we stayed. I had a pork knuckle the size of my head!

Thanks! That pork knuckle sounds right up my husband's alley! ;)

Thanks! That pork knuckle sounds right up my husband's alley! ;)

A preview, for your (and his) enjoyment...

i-mzLxjr2-L.jpg

It was huge. It dwarfed the loaf of bread next to it. And served with fresh horseradish, plus two kinds of mustard. I think I am still trying to work it off, but it was worth it!

Wow! Just added U Tří růží to the list! He’ll enjoy it for sure! :)

We booked a one bedroom apartment right on old town square through AirBNB. Great price and the location was amazing. We were right above the little garden area with a couple places to eat and close to everything. I loved hearing the church bells in the morning and opening up my window to enjoy the view while I had my morning coffee. Was also nice to have a place to make our own food since we were there for a week.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1151056

Also got the Prague card and it really came in handy.

Thank you for this listing.:) I looked at it, read the fabulous reviews and are very interested. I see that there is no elevator. How many flights of stairs?

We did the Viking Cities of Lights cruise, Prague to Paris. We stayed in Prague on our own for 3 days prior and stayed at the Metamorphis Hotel in Old Town. Loved it. Breakfast with it and nice room. Enough room for us and our adult daughter. It’s 3 stories and no elevator but worked well for us. Nice restaurant right next to it for breakfast and right outside the major city square, Charles Bridge. This hotel is fantastic. European and fits right into the Old town ‘taste’.

As part of the Viking cruise, we stayed at the Hilton Prague which is near the river and walking distance into Old Town. excellent hotel modern hotel.

Den

Thank you for this listing.:) I looked at it, read the fabulous reviews and are very interested. I see that there is no elevator. How many flights of stairs?

Sorry I just saw this...It was on the third floor I think. If you need luggage assistance just let the owner know. They will make arrangements to get you assistance.

We stayed at the Marriott last July. We were happy with the hotel and the location. A market was two doors away too which was very convenient and fun to visit. Open air market just up the street on most days. Easy walk to old town and it is certainly a walking town. Bring good shoes for all the cobble stone. We took two small group walking tours that were wonderful. It was crowded in July but didn't cramp our style.

We are booked for 4 nights at the Aria post-cruise later this year. It gets excellent reviews both for the location and the hotel itself, but I haven't been there myself yet. We have booked a half-day tour for our first day with the same company we are using for transit from Passau to Cesky Krumlov and Prague at the end of our cruise. We generally like to do a tour for an overview when we are first visiting a new place, and then do the rest on our own. That way we often see (and hear about) things we otherwise might have missed if we were completely on our own, and it also helps to tailor what we want to do and see for the rest of the time.

You will love the Aria. We stayed there for 4 nights. We took the trams around town when we weren't walking. It's also very close to the castle. Walkable if you can do hills and stairs. We booked a private day tour with Marketa. She was fabulous. There is a booklet about good restaurants to visit in Prague--wish I could remember the name of it. Google it! Everyone was so friendly. I loved this city. We booked a car from Aria to go to the airport. It was very relaxing.

You will love the Aria. We stayed there for 4 nights. We took the trams around town when we weren't walking. It's also very close to the castle. Walkable if you can do hills and stairs. We booked a private day tour with Marketa. She was fabulous. There is a booklet about good restaurants to visit in Prague--wish I could remember the name of it. Google it! Everyone was so friendly. I loved this city. We booked a car from Aria to go to the airport. It was very relaxing.

Sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for the feedback. I've already got several pairs of shoes and boots planned for LOTS of walking!