From the cow kings to an Empress, Norton goes on a little Sojourn

bcda174cfc3828309f5551232158d80d.jpg

Get up

Have breakfast in the Colonnade watching the ships wake

Wander

Have a cappuccino in the Square

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor Norton, I'm concerned that you're pushing yourself too hard, perhaps you should slow down and relax a little;)

No patio grill and the Sojourn in Hakodate. d09272907362705743d4d4f16ffa3700.jpgde52bab54042f915206c2710cb01f1be.jpg

It appears that they're now trying to fix the pool deck properly, instead of the piecemeal efforts when we were onboard in March.

Weather looks better for you now :)

The weather has definitely improved. Im hoping the grill closure is only two days (even then I feel Seabourn was negligent in mentioning this to people pre-booking and boarding). We seem to have boarded some interesting people (a corporate guy responsible for making sure Seabourn is in compliance with TKs requirements in the restaurants as well as someone from the TK group). Hopefully that means when we have Ad Hoc night the fried chicken isn't breaded shoe leather.

Tomorrow will be our last stop prior to the crossing and rumor has it we may (or may not:confused:) miss a port in Alaska due to the second day in Aomori + expected sea conditions.

The noisy and dusty (and extensive) pool deck repairs are going to have a severe impact if they keep the pool grill and bar effectively closed during the crossing. Sky Bar is open but the noise/dust issue remains. This isn't an easy job and won't be a quick fix. We too are very disappointed not to have been told about this. I know it wasn't foreseen that the original job wasn't done properly, but trying to get some questions answered is proving difficult.

The noisy and dusty (and extensive) pool deck repairs are going to have a severe impact if they keep the pool grill and bar effectively closed during the crossing. Sky Bar is open but the noise/dust issue remains. This isn't an easy job and won't be a quick fix. We too are very disappointed not to have been told about this. I know it wasn't foreseen that the original job wasn't done properly, but trying to get some questions answered is proving difficult.

And what about those poor passengers in the suites below on deck 7?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sunprince

Is this just repairs or is this a conversion to the "Earth & Ocean" (subject of the Alfresco dining thread)? Will be on the Sojourn this summer, so curious.

Repairs.

They've been having problems with areas of the pool deck since December 2017.

The issues began just after Sojourn left dry dock. MOTWYW!

They've tried varioius less intrusive remedies but it's been getting worse.

Edited by Isklaar
Spelling

Day 4 of no patio grill and day 1 of no patio bar🤦

That's not good.

How is the deck at the other side by the hot tub ? When we were on Sojourn It seemed worse there than the patio galley side.

Thanks for the updates.

Have you asked when they think the work will be completed, all over the deck where needed? If they responded, do you believe they are accurate? My wife will be on the Sojourn in mid-June for our 1st SB cruise and I am hopeful there will be no issues.