From the cow kings to an Empress, Norton goes on a little Sojourn

Any chance Slobodan the bartender (he is from Macedonia) is on-board the Sojourn currently? I heard he did Alaska last year and we had him on the Quest in 2016 in the Baltic, one of the top bartenders I've seen on land or sea.

Did they fix the Kneipp Walk in the spa?

Oh and no pool for the past few either. It’s blue waters turned green. They dumped, refreshed and it went green again. Due to temps I don’t know it’s actually an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the absence of any info or updates from Seabourn then of course rumours and speculation are rife, the latest being that this work will continue at least until Vancouver on 4 June. People are becoming very angry that a cruise already disrupted by bad weather, delays and changes of itinerary is now being so severely impacted by so much noise, dust and inconvenience. The packed Colonade at lunchtime with no free seats, jostling queues, bad tempers and some food stations being picked clean in seconds is a very unpleasant experience.

Most people understand that the deck has to be repaired, but are very unhappy about the lack of communication yet again and how severely the work is impacting our enjoyment of this cruise. Mr Meadows has, or soon will be, receiving a LOT of “concerned” emails.

Who is the HD? Who is the captain? Surely apprisimg you of deck and Patio availability is their job...

About Rick Meadows, and while you can write to him (as I have), he can come across as hands-off when things go south. I imagine that negative comments to the hotel side go to unknown, unnamed and undisclosed people in suits. Good luck hearing back from them any specifics e.g remedies. That said, the Encore opening party was an exception because he took the heat during that cruise.

I understand the Ovation opening events were very successful and so for those who attended both there is some redemption (we did not attend the Ovation). Meadows needs to hear the bad with the good, loudly and clearly.

Happy and healthy sailing!

The packed Colonade at lunchtime with no free seats, jostling queues, bad tempers and some food stations being picked clean in seconds is a very unpleasant experience.

On the verge of Gatsby hunger games...

Hmmm....I would not be happy at all to be on a cruise with this kind of repair/disruption going on. Surely, there will be as yet unnamed rewards for those who have soldiered through this situation.

First, I hope and expect that all on board will get some decent form of recompense for the pool deck problems. We are generally fairly laid back about problems, but I would find it infuriating that the pool bar and eatery is not available for so long. We do not usually eat there, but as the only bar open before noon, and a pleasant place to sit at the tables without risk of smelling smoke from the sky bar, it has always been a good place to sit to read or chat, and have a drink whenever, from 10 or 10.30 onwards, so that late morning and late afternoon we have often used it. Are they now opening the Sky Bar before 12?

Yes, the Sky Bar is open but the noise and dust from the works below makes it more or less unusable.

I’m not sure what the comparatively high number of Australians has to do with anything but there’s an even higher number of Americans.

It is not right or fair to single out either Australians or Americans for one’s complaints about noise and dust. Both groups can be noisy, maybe too noisy (and disagreeably so), but so can certain other groups from Mediterranean countries, especially when their children are tearing up the place, in my own experience. We really need to get on together without recrimination as to nationality.

Come to think of it, if the noise and dust relate to the deck work, haven’t Sojourn passengers been told the completion date?

In the absence of any info about a completion date for the pool deck work, it’s left to rumour and speculation. We were originally told it would take “a couple of days”. Nonsense. Another (rumoured) completion is when we arrive in Vancouver on 4 June. Judging by the slow progress of this work I’d say the latter is more likely. The fact that all this is happening on a crossing of several consecutive sea days with everyone “trapped” on board certainly makes things more difficult.

But the weather so far has been remarkably benign - cold of course but with little wind or rain and calm seas so the work isn’t being held up so who knows.

Lincslady,

I did understand the post after reading it through a few times, just to be safe. But as nobody likes excessive dust or noise from any quarter, I decided to take a holistic approach with my comment. Australians can be good fun on a cruise, right? Same with any other group.

Oh, and I am already fully prepared for someone along the way to blurt out “I’m offended!”.

Just sayin’...

Other than the message that the patio grill/bar will be unavailable and icy point straight is out there’s been nary a peep about it. Almost like they’re hoping no one notices/cares/complains.

Sky bar opens at 10 but due to weather conditions has been closing early. Aside from the dust/noise from below you get the odor from the smokers and the chemicals being used to do whatever they’ve been doing in the pool for the last three days. And the odors from some of the deck materials being burned a bit by the power tools.

Other than the message that the patio grill/bar will be unavailable and icy point straight is out there’s been nary a peep about it. Almost like they’re hoping no one notices/cares/complains.

Sky bar opens at 10 but due to weather conditions has been closing early. Aside from the dust/noise from below you get the odor from the smokers and the chemicals being used to do whatever they’ve been doing in the pool for the last three days. And the odors from some of the deck materials being burned a bit by the power tools.

I hope all passengers will be well compensated, a free week perhaps? 🙄👍

I've been watching this thread with interest. I've never done an Atlantic crossing and while I understand the weather is cool, it seems unconscionable that passengers should have to put up with/endure this kind of construction work which very much affects their enjoyment of all areas of the ship. I would be very unhappy about this if I were a current passenger on the Sojourn. I hope each passenger is compensated in an generous manner for this lack of access to the whole ship during this voyage.

Dream on. I’d say this has reduced the “value” of this cruise by at least 50%. The Comments cards would make interesting reading.

But the sun is shining, seas are calm and life is (mostly) good.

Just avoid the Restaurant and get into the TK Grill as often as possible[emoji6]