Panorama Family Harbor Suite

PeggySand

Hello! I have booked a Family Harbor Suite on the Panorama for the inaugural B2B in Dec. 2019. The suite number is 2398, which is under the galley area. I have time to hope for something else to open up, but this was the last suite available as of now. Without scaring me too much...how bad is the noise that we can expect? Thank you for your input. :)

Hello! I have booked a Family Harbor Suite on the Panorama for the inaugural B2B in Dec. 2019. The suite number is 2398, which is under the galley area. I have time to hope for something else to open up, but this was the last suite available as of now. Without scaring me too much...how bad is the noise that we can expect? Thank you for your input. :)

Under the galley no way.

We had Vista's Family Harbor Suite on the Repo Cruise. I would not even have believed how bad the galley noise was dropping banging, crazy amounts of noise from 3am on. Not fun for the premium you are paying.

Were going to be in 2404 on Vista in December.

Please let me know how it goes for you. It sounds like we might have to change cabins, which makes me sad. I'm not sure why they can't soundproof it better under the Galley since no doubt they are aware of the problems with the noise. Thanks to everyone who responded. :eek:

I am bumping this thread up because I'm really hoping that someone might reply that has sailed on the Vista or Horizon and found that being under the galley wasn't so bad for them. Haha, is that possible....please? :confused:

I am bumping this thread up because I'm really hoping that someone might reply that has sailed on the Vista or Horizon and found that being under the galley wasn't so bad for them. Haha, is that possible....please? :confused:
You're wasting your time! Change your cabin .... What does it matter if someone else said it was ok on THEIR cruise when there are plenty enough other complaints and warnings from others offering advice not to? Under the galley is THE last place I'd book a room unless it was a cheap inside deal. No way I'd do that paying extra for a suite in the Family Harbor area. I snagged one of the new aft extended balconies in the Family Harbor area on Panorama for 2020. You have plenty of time to move if need be.

I am thinking about booking a similar room on the Panorama in Dec 2019. Making me second guess my decision. I was thinking the Family Harbor rooms would be nice for the kids, but with the additional noise, it might be best to book a regular balcony room. Good Luck.

• 3 months later...

Super dumb question....new cruiser here....be kind....what is "the galley?" I keep reading it but cannot nail down the context. Is that the kitchen for the dining rooms? We will have one of the family suites, port side, mid-aft...

Super dumb question....new cruiser here....be kind....what is "the galley?" I keep reading it but cannot nail down the context. Is that the kitchen for the dining rooms? We will have one of the family suites, port side, mid-aft...

Yes, it is the kitchen and by all accounts the rooms underneath are super loud!

Yes, it is the kitchen and by all accounts the rooms underneath are super loud!

Not sure where the the “by all accounts: comes from, but three of our kids and their families stayed in family harbor suites, 2 never herd a thing. The third is an extremely light sleeper who did some noise, but even her account was that it was not very loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure where the the “by all accounts: comes from, but three of our kids and their families stayed in family harbor suites, 2 never herd a thing. The third is an extremely light sleeper who did some noise, but even her account was that it was not very loud.

Thank you!

Good to hear! I am just going by almost every review I have read from people that stayed in one! Maybe on the Panorama they will be more soundproofed. I have a lot of time to decide if I will keep mine or switch but thanks for the input!

Good to hear! I am just going by almost every review I have read from people that stayed in one! Maybe on the Panorama they will be more soundproofed. I have a lot of time to decide if I will keep mine or switch but thanks for the input!

Understand, there are different views on every topic, let us know what you decide.

• 4 months later...

Not every family harbor room is under the galley.  I’m booked in room 2478 and the dining room is above us.  I always recommend reviewing the floor plan for your room and the space above or below.  I once had a room in the aft of triumph, a balcony and the pool deck was above us and I thought that would be perfect since at night it would be quite but I didn’t think they would be dragging chairs over the pool deck at 5am.  I learned my lesson.  I also heard some noise and vibration was felt from the Rutter as the ship turned to make dock on port days.  

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

If you're under the galley, you're screwed. There is nothing else to add. 

It would be nice to hear from folks that have actually stayed in these rooms rather than folks who state that these rooms are noisy because of where they are located. Many reviews I've read by folks that have stayed in them are mixed - some were bothered by the noise, others didn't notice it. 

Maybe by the time Panorama is built, they would have figured out soundproofing!

We stayed in 2429 on the Vista - Regular Cove Balcony in the Family Harbor Suites area - right across from the entrance.  This is the first, and last, time we ever stayed in a cove balcony.  The noise was the worst I've ever experienced and I got no sleep the entire cruise.  Now our friends had an ocean view room that slept 5, only a few doors down, and they said they didn't hear a thing.  I liked access to the FHS since we have two boys, but that isn't an equal trade for the noise.  Good luck!

We did a B2B in 2 different Family Harbor suites on the Horizon at the end of November. We were in 2402 on the Thanksgiving cruise and never heard a sound from above. We actually talked about all of the threads we had read on here complaining about the noise and thought everyone must have been crazy.

Those thoughts changed on the second leg. We moved to 2410 and we were miserable for the entire 6 days. All night long there was loud thumping and banging. Like there was a percussion section from a middle school marching band practicing above us all night. There was also some kind of cart being rolled back and forth. We barely slept on that leg. 

If you're in 2398, 2400, or 2402, I wouldn't worry. I can't speak to the odd numbered cabins in the same location on the opposite side though. Anyone in any of the higher, even numbered suites should re-think your location unless you can sleep through anything... and I mean anything.