scooter access

I would imagine they would be accessible as long as you can walk a few steps on to the bus. They will either be fully accessible or coach style buses.

Spain is fairly disabled friendly these days, so it is likely they will have a ramp to get on the bus. The Spanish ports are all fairly near to the towns.

If it is important for you to know I'd contact the cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Livorno has a couple in the fleet. The driver gave us the approximate schedule to and from the drop off point in town.

I do not recall seeing any shuttle buses in Gibraltar or Alicante, but that was a number of years ago. In Gibraltar we got permission to leave our scooters at a vendor's stand and shared a taxi up the mountain to see the monkeys. In Alicante, we just scooted into town.

Barcelona has an accessible bus that goes between the terminals and the port entrance area. One can go over the bridge on their own, but it is a little distance. All the city buses are accessible and most of the metro stations are accessible. Do your research on the public transportation and you can get just about anywhere in Barcelona. Overall, it is very accessible.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have used my scooter in Gib a few times getting the shuttle buses which are (from memory) 8-10 seater minibuses, there is enough room to load it onto the back but sometimes they have got me to go in a taxi and put the scooter in the boot.

No problem getting to the town and back.

Pete

I would be interested in scooter accessibility we sail out of Barcelonia to Palma de Mallocra, Marseille, La Spezia, Rome and Naples

Hi,

I have used my scooter in Barcelona and Palma on several occasions and it has always been a pleasure. I can climb a few stairs so coach shuttles aren't a problem, my wife and I have a system to get them in and out of the cargo space but on many occasions other passengers/driver have gotten it off for me, well worth a bob or two to the driver and it is a good way of chatting and getting to know other passengers, even coming across one in a bar and buying them a drink.

One tip I would give is to look well ahead of where you are going looking for the drop kerbs.

Hope this helps

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have used a small thee wheel scooter in Alusund and Geiranger.  Beware cobbles and their idea of a dropped kerb is for it to be half an inch  below the norm if you can find one.  Having said that I managed to get around Alusund OK.  It depends where you berth in Geiranger. We were lucky and could use the platform from the ship to shore.  Other ships had to tender.  Once ashore Geiranger is doable quite easily.  You can get quite near the waterfall but of course the 200 steps afterwards may be a problem!