Where do you buy swimsuits

MIJOY

I really need to buy a couple of new swimsuits. I am 65 have a large top small bottom so modest tankini works for me, I also prefer boy short type bottoms. I am finding it impossible to find anything locally. Hoping someone can recommend somewhere online with easy returns.

Agree that Land's End is great but they can be expensive. Prior to my breast reduction, I was always on the hunt for supportive swim tops and they did make some great ones but they were expensive unless you caught a style you liked at the end of the year clearance. I compromised and bought my tops from them but then just went to Target or Wal-Mart and bought basic solid color bottoms for a fraction of the price. Even with expensive bottoms they always seemed to wear out faster than the tops so this helped me justify new swim bottoms every summer since I could rewear the tops.

Swimsuits4All is very, very reasonable, easy returns. Measure yourself using their measurements. Hint. If you put things in your shopping bag & then exit without buying they’ll send you an email offering free shipping. They’re running a 40% off right now, I just bought 3 more. They also have tall, I’m not tall but I like the tall tankini ( just a bit more suit)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for Swimsuits4all. They have a large selection and you can search by type of suit you are looking for. ie, 2 piece, one piece, separates. They also have nice selection of cover ups.

If I remember correctly the shipping is pretty quick.

Good luck. I hope you find the perfect suit.

Soma has a great selection of swimsuits. A lot more selection online but some stores carry a limited amount of swimsuits too.

And returns are easy if it doesn’t fit or you don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to buy lots of swimsuits from LandsEnd, but the past few years, I've found their sizing has been inconsistent and I've felt the quality has gone down. I used to LOVE their faille fabric suits - had probably 10 sets of tops/bottoms that I had purchased over the years. They discontinued the fabric a few years ago and although I tried ordering their new fabrics/different styles - just didn't work for me.

I did find some suit separates by accident at Target. The brand is "Aqua Green" and they've been great for me. Although I was specifically looking for black bottoms. I have 3 of their different styles, and I've been matching up with tops that I owned previously or even tops from Old Navy/Gap etc Not sure if they offer the boy short style, but they're worth a look IMO. Easy returns if you have a Target nearby.

I've been wearing them in pools, hot tubs, natural bodies of water for a few years now and they're wearing really well for me. I wash them them in cold water and line drying with no problems.

Aqua Green at Target

https://www.target.com/bp/aqua+green

Thanks for your suggestions.

I ordered a couple of new boy short bottoms in different lengths and one Rash Guard top from Amazon, with free returns. Not sure if I am going to like the top but I like to snorkel and it would really be nice to not have my swim top floating up.

I always feel like I am the only one recommending Wal-Mart, but check it out! I am about a size 18, and love their (I think it's called) "Suddenly Slim" line by Catalina. I have 3 of their one pieces (I personally don't find their 2pc / tankini styles flattering ON MY BODY). I was just there yesterday and they had a large selection of cute tankini styles... all sizes. I have also ordered online if it's not in store.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I always feel like I am the only one recommending Wal-Mart, but check it out! I am about a size 18, and love their (I think it's called) "Suddenly Slim" line by Catalina. I have 3 of their one pieces (I personally don't find their 2pc / tankini styles flattering ON MY BODY). I was just there yesterday and they had a large selection of cute tankini styles... all sizes. I have also ordered online if it's not in store.

Honesty- I don't think Wal-Mart gets enough credit for SOME of their clothing. Their bathing suits seem to have improved in recent years. I bought a cute floral tankini a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, flattering affect and thickness of it. So no, you are not the only one who recommends them. :):):)

Honesty- I don't think Wal-Mart gets enough credit for SOME of their clothing. Their bathing suits seem to have improved in recent years. I bought a cute floral tankini a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, flattering affect and thickness of it. So no, you are not the only one who recommends them. :):):)
Honestly... the one near me has some super cute stuff. I'm embarrassed at what I spent at Macy's for 2 tops and a pair of capris... I could have gotten 3x as much at WM and will likely buy there next time!

I might have to check them out - I could use one more suit. My problem is that I am very large chested but not super wide and struggle to find tops that give enough coverage and support. I found a store within an hour of me that does bra fittings and carries specialty sizes, but the swim suits were over $200 and I'm in the process of losing weight so couldn't see spending that much on a suit right now.

If you have a Dillard's anywhere near you.......they have a large selection of swimsuits.......a lot of different brands and very good choices. They are not cheap, but when it comes to some items, I spend more on them........they last me a very long time.

I go to a store that sells suits and try them on. Doing this online, unless you're getting the same exact swimsuit you already have, is a pain in the rear end.....returning is a pain. Even tho they will NEVER look as good in the dressing room as on the beach....it's the lighting...

Go to a store...try on suits!

Before I actually had a mastectomy, I used to buy the mastectomy swimsuits from Lands End because they had more coverage for my formerly very large chest. They were often available on clearance too because I guess they didn’t sell too many.

A couple of years ago I found a bathing suit brand that fits me in a local store, and now I know my size and the best style for me.

The brand is a bit pricey, so I learned to google that brand and can find it on sale sometimes, and buy one or two suits when they’re on sale, wherever the store is. I don’t have to return them because I know they’ll fit.

Good luck.

Kohl's has a good selection and the are having a sale right now/

I live near 2 different Kohl's and went to one of them last weekend. The selection at this store was "slim to none":eek:...it was not a pretty sight. Picked through the regular misses sizes. You could find bikini's for those gals who are a size 2/4...….some of us are 14/16/18 and need more coverage. I know in years past I have purchased swimsuits from Kohl's so this selection (or lack of it) was disappointing. I may try the other store. Or may take my own advice as I posted earlier, I may go back to Dillard's. They did have really good selection (with larger sizes too).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of the Miraclesuit brand suits? I've ordered one online. I really like the style and it was on sale. I'll report back once it arrives.

If I absolutely hate it, I may end up wearing my existing suits on our cruise in December. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who owns multiples of the same style just in different colors. I've tried a lot of other suits and haven't been able to find something yet I like as well. Sadly, I can't find a style exactly the same as the one I already own.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of the Miraclesuit brand suits? I've ordered one online. I really like the style and it was on sale. I'll report back once it arrives.

If I absolutely hate it, I may end up wearing my existing suits on our cruise in December. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who owns multiples of the same style just in different colors. I've tried a lot of other suits and haven't been able to find something yet I like as well. Sadly, I can't find a style exactly the same as the one I already own.

I currently have 3 of this suit in rotation (same style just different colors). Love it, and I've probably owned 7-8 of them over the past few summers.

I've always heard good things about MiracleSuit... just a bit pricey for me.c226cb8eb61b904daf5b3c45c4c9d9f7.jpg.7d1229b1542d15053c03015cad91424f.jpg

That's a really cute suit!

I struggle even finding one suit that will fit well. I think once I finish losing weight and am ready to shop again I will probably buy two of the same style (assuming my current one will no longer fit) - it seems like a smart idea.

Try eBay, you can find a lot of prior season merchandise on there, make sure you are looking for 'new with tags'. I actually own 3 of the same swimsuit in different colors, started with one and loved it so much that I bought two more!