My review of Zaandam

Thank you, Ashley, for the wonderful pictures. We will be on the Amsterdam's Grand Asia this fall, and I have been waiting for pictures of the refurbished R and S class. Can you tell me if there is an outlet in the bathroom to plug in charger for tooth brushes, etc.? If so, can the hair dryer or curling iron be plugged in there?

If anyone has been on the refurbished Amsterdam, please chime in. We will be in a Vista Suite, so I guess we get the old bath tub, right?

Thanks again for your most helpful post and pictures.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your post and pictures. We are sailing on the Zaandam in January around South America and the Antarctica. We are also in a vista suite on Deck 6 so loved seeing the pics. This is a 22 day cruise and our longest by far so I was a little concerned about what our room would be like. Your pictures have eased my mind. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Thank you for the photos and review! There have been a couple of ships we've been on that under-bed was closed off.  Do you recall if the bed is open underneath? There are usually drawers at the foot of the bed but we are wondering if the rest is open? It's where we store our suitcases. 

Well since the thread has been bumped.

OP, I want to say thanks for the pics and review.  I missed it when you posted originally as I was cruising (Heaven forbid 😉 )

Love the ship and the organ on her.  But, we like the old HAL ships - bigger room, more personality (to me).

Thanks again 😄 

• 2 years later...

We were on Zaandam on the South America/Antartica 22 day cruise from late December 2019 to mid January 2020.  We cruised from Buenos Aires to San Antonia (Santiago).  After our cruise, the ship made an identical cruise in reverse and it was successful.  After that, the ship left Buenos Aires again and that is when the COVID outbreak hit and the ship was not allowed to dock anywhere - Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador or Panama.  They had to sail all the way to Fort Lauderdale to disembark passengers!  We were so lucky on our cruise!

We absolutely love the Zaandam and hope it stays with HAL for many years to come.  We were very disappointed to see HAL sell off Amsterdam, the old Rotterdam, the Maasdam and even the Statendam.  We love the smaller ships!  

• Like 1