Miami hotels with free parking?

katiel53

We are going on the Brilliance on Apr. 7. We would like to know if there is a hotel in Miami or FLL that has free parking for 10 days (or reasonable parking) that would shuttle us or have paid shuttle service to the port of Miami.

If not, those of you who have drive to the port, is it difficult to find parking in the garage? We have a handicapped parking permit, but I am concerned that with people getting off/on, we might have trouble getting a space. Thanks for your help.

Katie

We are going on the Brilliance on Apr. 7. We would like to know if there is a hotel in Miami or FLL that has free parking for 10 days (or reasonable parking) that would shuttle us or have paid shuttle service to the port of Miami.

Katie, Here's a few choices. Most only cover parking for 7 days, you may have to pay extra for 10 days, be sure to ask.

http://www.parksleepfly.com/airport_hotels/hotel_display.php?hotel_type=airport&airportID=8

If not, those of you who have drive to the port, is it difficult to find parking in the garage? We have a handicapped parking permit, but I am concerned that with people getting off/on, we might have trouble getting a space. Thanks for your help. Katie

Living in the cruise capital of the world, we're fortunate enough to cruise quite often utilizing both ports. Never have we had a problem with parking at the port. By the time we arrive (11am) the bulk of the port parking lots are empty. When we return from our cruise we're usually in the car heading home by 9am (we wait till last to get off the ship) ;)

We sailed on the Jewel in Nov and stayed the night before at the Summerfield suites at the airport. They only free shuttle to the airport but we paid for a shuttle to the port. They kept our car for the week. Coming back I would suggest taking a paid shuttle to the airport and then calling the hotel for a ride. We took a taxi from the port to the hotel and it cost $35. Shuttle from the port to the airport was $8 a person.

Louise in FLA

Katie, PARK AT THE PORT! There are brand new large parking garages with more than enough spaces, it's very safe and secure (the hotels are NOT secure), and best of all for you - If you have a handicapped parking permit THE PARKING IS FREE!

The parking garage is directly across the street from the terminal... You can drop your luggage with the porters at the curb, then drive around the corner, enter the parking garage, park, take the elevator down, walk across the street and into the terminal. It's VERY quick and easy!

THANK-YOU so much for this information. My husband has a handicap sticker but hates to use it. In this case I bet he will use it. You just saved me a bunch of money and made getting to the ship so much cheaper. I LOVE THESE BOARDS.

Thanks Trent..for the Info..I probably will drive and park at the port..

By the way, has anyone heard about a new hotel called Homewood Suites-Grand Biscayne..I thought I saw it in their directory but not much info. I'm not sure when it is to open or if it's near the port.. Just checking out hotels. Any info?

Thanks Trent..for the Info..I probably will drive and park at the port..

By the way, has anyone heard about a new hotel called Homewood Suites-Grand Biscayne..I thought I saw it in their directory but not much info. I'm not sure when it is to open or if it's near the port.. Just checking out hotels. Any info?

No idea which hotel you're talking about, but there's only ONE Homewood Suites in Miami and it's out by the airport in the Blue Lagoon office park.

There's a Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay, that's the closest to that name I can come up with but it's not a new hotel. It's at least 20 years old and is a bit of an odd duck. It's actually primarily a residential condo, with a hotel mixed in.

The parking garage is directly across the street from the terminal... You can drop your luggage with the porters at the curb, then drive around the corner, enter the parking garage, park, take the elevator down, walk across the street and into the terminal. It's VERY quick and easy!

Second this. It really is that quick and easy.

Katie, I'm not understanding your comment. :confused: No reason to be hesitant. Miami is a great city, and driving in Miami is no different than driving in Fort Lauderdale. It's a very quick easy shot down I-95. The Port of Miami is right downtown, very easy to get to, there are signs directing you from I-95 or I-395.

I second this. The first time we came to this port we were worried too, just go to map quest and get a map from your place to the port and it will be easy. Remember if you are leaving on a week-end the traffic is quite lite til you get to the port. Then just go with the flow. We are from Minnesota and trust me we were needlessly worried also. It really is easy to get to.

Archived