Question Air2Sea program

New to RCL. Does their air program work the same as Princess? By that I mean-with Princess restricted air, you don't pay for it until final payment. On the non-restricted, you pay at the time of booking. I know it sounds stupid, but that's how it works. Do you get to choose your flights and seats? Any help will be appreciated.

New to RCL. Does their air program work the same as Princess? By that I mean-with Princess restricted air, you don't pay for it until final payment. On the non-restricted, you pay at the time of booking. I know it sounds stupid, but that's how it works. Do you get to choose your flights and seats? Any help will be appreciated.

Royal's program requires full payment for flights when you book the flights. You do get to choose flights and seats. The highest fares are refundable.

Royal's program requires full payment for flights when you book the flights. You do get to choose flights and seats. The highest fares are refundable.

Actually, depending on the air carrier, you may not be able to choose seats - I couldn’t on the Lufthansa portion of a United code share Air2sea booking twice. The second time, 2 months ago, I was able to log on to Lufthansa after the Air2sea booking and pay an extra fee to pick a seat, the first time in 2016, I couldn’t even do that.

Note I was able to pick my United seats w/ Air2sea, just not the Lufthansa flights.

Actually, depending on the air carrier, you may not be able to choose seats - I couldn’t on the Lufthansa portion of a United code share Air2sea booking twice. The second time, 2 months ago, I was able to log on to Lufthansa after the Air2sea booking and pay an extra fee to pick a seat, the first time in 2016, I couldn’t even do that.

Note I was able to pick my United seats w/ Air2sea, just not the Lufthansa flights.

I had the same experience with a British Airways flight, could not pick seats until 24 hours before the flight. I didnt mention that because that is a characteristic of picking economy on those airlines and not Air2Sea.

Unless the airline/routing/fare class do not allow for advance seat selection. There are several possibilities in which you would not get to choose your seats for your flight or for a portion of your flight.

You need to pay for it when you purchase it because most likely you are buying a non-refundable ticket. As far as the seats, it depends, and the airlines are constantly changing. So on my trip, I picked my Delta seats and upgraded the seats to economy premium on the "main" flight. However on the feeder flight, I could not upgrade, but did pick my seats. On my return flight on Air France, I was able to pick a seat only if I wanted to pay a fee, which we did. A month after that, they changed things up, and took away the option to pick or move seats. If you try a mock booking today it actually shows almost an empty plane, with only a handful of lucky people getting to pick seats. So it depends on the airlines and their policy.

All I can say is Good luck, but the price was so cheap, I would have gladly sat with a random stranger as long as it's on time, and gets me to my destination.