Just sailed Car. Princess? What dance/cover bandson board?

manmtnmike

Sailing 5-19 and wondering what to expect in lounges ...Style? hoping for Classic Rock era music...

Also any Current dailies?

Thanks!

Mike

In General on a 7 day Caribbean cruise you can expect live music, except for the DJ, by groups as follows:

Light dance music generally in the Wheelhouse Bar.

A party band playing pop and rock from the 50's to current with sets and parties in Explorer's Lounge, Club Fusion, Neptune's Reef Pool, Piazza.

A classical or classical style group mainly in the piazza.

Piano entertainer in Crooner's.

A Caribbean music entertainer.

A late night DJ in Skywalker's.

Jazz sets from the Princess Orchestra in one of the lounges or maybe the piazza.

General late afternoon piano music in the piazza.

I have never been on a Princess cruise that did not have a party band and lots of other live music around the ship. Watch the Princess Patter for groups, times and locations.

I got off the CB on 1st May and have just checked my patters, which don't give the names of all the musical groups on board. All I can remember of the names is the band Xcite, who were the main party band and really good. There were a couple of duos around which didn't excite me at all, a pianist in Crooners who seemed to be very popular and a couple of violinists. There was no Rock at all.

The violinists were the Sunshine Duo. I thought they were pretty good, but not 2 Cellos good. Almost bought their CD in the shop, but it was $25 and was all classical, nothing like what they played in the piazza. There was also a guitar/singer duo. Passed by their performances a few times and didn’t hear anything to make me pause...... oh and DJ Brickhouse. Ran into her waiting for an elevator one night while she was trying to find out how to get to Skywalkers. Xcite was indeed pretty good, until they tried to cram them into the piazza, which I never saw them successfully perform there. Too many mic feedback issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums