Elegant Night! What to wear?

Cah3

I guess khakis would be ok, the rest for sure. unless they look more like jeans.

i bring a long light weight skirt that is easy to pack and doesnt wrinkle. Ive even seen some women wear pants, so dont sweat it for sure.

So, I have seen what is shown on the carnival site for elegant wear. Is Black Polo, Khakis, and dress boots good for the elegant night?

IMHO, no. Others will tell you yes on here and it is absolutely true that you will not be turned away. But, when you read the description of the dress code for elegant it evening, it calls for men to wear a dress shirt; a polo is not a dress shirt. A dress shirt is a button up long sleeve shirt that is capable of being worn with a tie.

No, you won't ruin my dinner if you smell nice and are dressed as you stated above. And no, I am not going to post anything further on this thread as you asked for input, I provided an answer and my reasoning for it. It is 100% up to you if you wish to comply with the dress code or not. Happy travels!

Been asked and answered many times. Wear whatever you feel is appropriate, that's what others will do. Note that I said what YOU feel is appropriate, others will be wearing what THEY feel is appropriate and many will most likely differ from what you thought. I've seen jeans and pullover up to a full tux. More jeans than tux.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I wear a jacket and nonjean pants and usually on formal nights I do really try to keep the pants on.

Don’t dress like a schlepp. Have fun and play dress up if you want. Sometimes wearing the ol penguin suit can be fun. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only thing Ive personally seen turned away is baseball caps worn backwards. Supposed to mean gangs i was told idk myself.

Personally I also think you should take off any hat in the dining room, especially baseball caps. Not to sound like the fashion police, but I was brought up hats on men should be taken off indoors.

Ive sat with someone wearing a nice cowboy hat during breakfast, but kept my mouth shut .... I do live in Texas so you see more of these than out of other ports Im sure. They are beautiful ... just wrong during meals in the dining room. buffet ok

of course there is the infamous RCL turn away. Some BDSM see thru chain dress. Im told some even got pictures. I think they knew they would be turned away, did it to prove something. Bringing in a slave by a master with a see thru dress.

There are some things that will be turned away.

Though I have sat in the Carnival dining room and heard the maitre d' ask over a loudspeaker for men to remove their baseball hats and ask for no wife beaters... and two guys at the next table sat there with both on and of course didnt take off their baseball caps. Ignored, and no one said anything else.

Yes, it is acceptable and there are more people dressed in that fashion then in suits or tux. You're on vacation so wear what you feel is most comfortable for you. There are some folks on this site who wish the old days of cruise attire were still upon us but they're not and the rules have been bent to keep up with the wishes of the consumers. Enjoy!

IMHO, no. Others will tell you yes on here and it is absolutely true that you will not be turned away. But, when you read the description of the dress code for elegant it evening, it calls for men to wear a dress shirt; a polo is not a dress shirt. A dress shirt is a button up long sleeve shirt that is capable of being worn with a tie.

No, you won't ruin my dinner if you smell nice and are dressed as you stated above. And no, I am not going to post anything further on this thread as you asked for input, I provided an answer and my reasoning for it. It is 100% up to you if you wish to comply with the dress code or not. Happy travels!

Agree (y)