Booking a new cruise while on a current cruise

The biggest advantage is the shipboard credit per cabin (not per person) for booking. It starts at $50 for a 3/4 day cruise and goes up to a max of I think $200 for the longest cruises (maybe 12 days or more). We paid our deposit right away but had the option of extending the deposit due date by quite a bit of time (30 days or so) after it was transferred to our regular TA.

Also, if you have made friends with the LA, and are really undecided about the cruise that you want, but know the length of it, they do have coupons that they can sign to give you a shipboard credit for a future cruise. I know this for a fact, as we did it on the Legend, and later, back at home booked the Jewel for our transatlantic.

Rick

Also, if you have made friends with the LA, and are really undecided about the cruise that you want, but know the length of it, they do have coupons that they can sign to give you a shipboard credit for a future cruise. I know this for a fact, as we did it on the Legend, and later, back at home booked the Jewel for our transatlantic.

Rick

Now THAT's good information! Thanks.

It is a nice advantage to book on board but there are pitfalls too. The shipboard credit does come in handy. If you wait to book onboard for your next cruise a couple of bad things can happen. One is the price of the cruise may go up. This actually happened to me. My TA talked me into reserving the cruise a couple of months before going on the trip. My plan was to book it on board and then cancel the reservation I had with my TA and then give her the other reservation. A couple of weeks before the cruise the price of the future cruise went up $200 each. If I would have waited it would have cost me more to go on the future cruise. The other disadvantage you may run into is not getting the room or location you desire.

Shak

Archived