A must in Havana. Best tour ever!

Wanderlust1981

We were in Havana for only one day and decided to do the 3 hr walking tour and 3 hr drive around the city.

I am a very picky person and from the moment I started emailing with Stefano, the general manager at havanacar.com, he put me at ease, which is difficult to do when you’re setting up a financial transaction in a different country. He arranged for us to have a driver and a tour guide for a car tour around the city - they were waiting for us as we got off of our cruise ship.

Hugo, our walking tour guide was incredible, highly intelligent and knowledgeable. He gave us a history lesson along with fun trivia. Omar our driver had a great sense of humor and was an excellent driver. We could not have asked for any better treatment.

If we are so lucky to be able to travel to Cuba again, and hopefully stay a few days, we would definitely book Havanacar again.

Thank you

rps20170412_222731.jpg.03f897536b97d5df3ebe2d247a6430a7.jpg

• Like 1

We were in Havana for only one day and decided to do the 3 hr walking tour and 3 hr drive around the city.

I am a very picky person and from the moment I started emailing with Stefano, the general manager at havanacar.com, he put me at ease, which is difficult to do when you’re setting up a financial transaction in a different country. He arranged for us to have a driver and a tour guide for a car tour around the city - they were waiting for us as we got off of our cruise ship.

Hugo, our walking tour guide was incredible, highly intelligent and knowledgeable. He gave us a history lesson along with fun trivia. Omar our driver had a great sense of humor and was an excellent driver. We could not have asked for any better treatment.

If we are so lucky to be able to travel to Cuba again, and hopefully stay a few days, we would definitely book Havanacar again.

Thank you

I have been trying to access their website but it keeps saying it doesn't exist.

Is it http://www.havanacar.com?

We were 3 adults and we had the 3 hr classic convertible tour + the 3 hr Old Havana walking tour and the total cost for the whole tour was 180 Cuc.

It was really worth any single cent!

Roughly how much is 180 CUC in dollars?

• 2 weeks later...
We were 3 adults and we had the 3 hr classic convertible tour + the 3 hr Old Havana walking tour and the total cost for the whole tour was 180 Cuc.

It was really worth any single cent!

I totally agree! The Havana city tour was the highlight of our cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am going to book a City tour with them.

They asked to send a deposit to confirm the booking while the balance should be paid in cash directly in Cuba.

Is it normal to ask for a deposit?

We also paid a deposit and then the balance at the beginning of our tour.

Everything was ok.

We used havanajourneys for similar tour -$100 for 2 or 3 people. Took American $. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

I have also contacted them and other few companies.

Havanajourneys asked me 260 cuc for a 3 hours tour in a convertible car plus a 3 hours old havana tour for 3 people with an italian speaking guide was while Havanacar quoted me a total price of 180 Cuc.

Considering they also have a great reputation on the socials I think 80 cuc less is quite a lot of money for a similar tour.

I am going to book a City tour with them.

They asked to send a deposit to confirm the booking while the balance should be paid in cash directly in Cuba.

Is it normal to ask for a deposit?

We had a 3 hours tour for 4 people in a convertible and the total price was 120 cuc.

We paid a 45 usd deposit by paypal and 80 cuc at the end of our tour.

• 1 month later...

I am a very picky person and from the moment I started emailing with Havanacar, Stefano, the manager, put me at ease, which is difficult to do when you’re setting up a financial transaction in a different country. He arranged for me to have a driver for a car tour around the city.

His name was George and picked me up in his pink & white 1954 Buick.

He had a great sense of humor and was an excellent driver. I could not have asked for any better treatment. I would use Havanacar again for another tour in a heartbeat - and I hope that some day I get to! You won’t be disappointed with these guys - just book!

IMG_9625.JPG.1dbb355995b2707d3d764fe6b2b8877d.JPG

• Like 1