New to Oceania

Aruba76

As I don't hang out by the pool I can understand why I've never seen the sorbet. But the trays must be a new thing. I was on Marina in Dec for 14 nights, ate in the Terrace quite a bit and didn't see trays. Sometimes we don't notice things a new set of eyes might.

I don't even remember an area that would hold trays.

same here

on Riviera in Dec

Guess we will have to check in July ;)

But the trays must be a new thing. I was on Marina in Dec for 14 nights, ate in the Terrace quite a bit and didn't see trays. Sometimes we don't notice things a new set of eyes might.

I don't even remember an area that would hold trays.

Disembarked Nautica in April - no trays in Terrace.

I found the insistence on taking the plate off me was a complete pain in the neck! They should just help people with walking sticks and the like.

I found it annoying too, but it only happened on embarkation day. After that, no one was around to carry plates...which was fine with me.

I realize the reason that the staff in Terrace serves people the food is to help prevent the spread of germs, but it took so long during busy times. And a lot of people were pushing forward to hand them their plate as people were stacked 3 deep at the counter. Very disorganized and that small space between the 2 counters were clogged with hangry folks. :cool:

trust me....everybody important reads those end of cruise comments so TELL THEM that you don't like the announcements.

My end of cruise comment form submtted for Riviera cruise in March was filled with comments about how the announcements detracted from our cruise experience, with specific examples of how CD Corey's overuse of the PA system was not appropriate. Not sure it will do any good. In 2014 we had CD Dottie on the Regatta who many people love, but I submitted comment saying that her verbose and frequent announcements were inappropriate. I have also submitted comments praising CD Julie James on the Marina and CD David Petersen on the Insignia for limiting announcements in past years...not sure comments are making any difference...but we try.

Edited by edgee
Typo

I have cruised X 3 times and O once. ONCE on O is all it took. Now I’m HOOKED on O! Food is great (MUCH better than X), service is better, itineraries are better, pax are calmer and better behaved. Love O!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have cruised X 3 times and O once. ONCE on O is all it took. Now I’m HOOKED on O! Food is great (MUCH better than X), service is better, itineraries are better, pax are calmer and better behaved. Love O!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amen, Sister! :hearteyes:

Oceania most certainly reads the comments made! On mid cruise comments, I’ve had the appropriate officer call and discuss the reference issues.

A couple of cruises back, the Social Hostess came by our gathering in Horizons and asked if we all had submitted our mid cruise comments. One of our Group asked “ what is the most common comment made?” She responded that she had been either Social Hostess or ACD on all of O’s ships, and told us what the overwhelming answer was, cruise in and cruise out, along with why O ignores it, LOL. Also the effects that has on any given cruise. Can’t say I was shocked by the answer given, but it was very evident that ship and Miami personnel read those comments.

Oceania most certainly reads the comments made! On mid cruise comments, I’ve had the appropriate officer call and discuss the reference issues.

A couple of cruises back, the Social Hostess came by our gathering in Horizons and asked if we all had submitted our mid cruise comments. One of our Group asked “ what is the most common comment made?” She responded that she had been either Social Hostess or ACD on all of O’s ships, and told us what the overwhelming answer was, cruise in and cruise out, along with why O ignores it, LOL. Also the effects that has on any given cruise. Can’t say I was shocked by the answer given, but it was very evident that ship and Miami personnel read those comments.

Why do they ignore it?

Ignore was the wrong verb, opt not to implement would be factual. Even though often requested, Oceania feels it would not be in their best interests to implement. I concur with that analysis in this case.

No cruise line can be all things to all people. Options in selection are a great thing. One must delineate priorities and act accordingly.

sorry I have lost the plot

what are they ignoring?? :confused: