No more hardcopy brochures?

I have tried to get a hard copy brochure from RCI and keep getting referred to download my own copy or look online, that they are no longer available. I ask how do travel agents get theirs & was told they go through a special provision to get theirs. Does anyone know anything about this? Another cost cutting example at RCI? I know I can go to a TA to get one but would like to order one from RCI. I've gotten other cruise lines' brochures with no difficulty or challenges; just can't get one from RCI which seems odd. Please no lectures on the environment & looking online. I travel a lot & prefer to have a hardcopy to review for upcoming cruises. Each to his/her own.

I agree. I like to have a hardcopy one also.

Just as an aside, do not ever order one from Oceania.

Practically every day you will get some sort of mailing from them (beautiful brochures). But you can't get them to STOP.

I got the 2018-2019 mailed to me. I tried to request it online...that didn't work. I finally called RCI directly...it took the rep awhile to figure out, but in the end she processed my request and it worked. Not very happy at the hoops you now have to jump through to get a hardcopy brochure....just ridiculous !!!

BTW...I have all the brochures going back several years...actually a collection. ;)

• Like 1

I have tried to get a hard copy brochure from RCI and keep getting referred to download my own copy or look online, that they are no longer available. I ask how do travel agents get theirs & was told they go through a special provision to get theirs. Does anyone know anything about this? Another cost cutting example at RCI? I know I can go to a TA to get one but would like to order one from RCI. I've gotten other cruise lines' brochures with no difficulty or challenges; just can't get one from RCI which seems odd. Please no lectures on the environment & looking online. I travel a lot & prefer to have a hardcopy to review for upcoming cruises. Each to his/her own.

Not everyone has a computer .They do not realize this.

The last time I was able to get a brochure (it was actually a catalog), it even came with a DVD. That was 14 years ago. When I tried to get one again a few years after that, they said they didn’t send them out anymore. I’ve not had luck finding them at travel agencies either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If by brochure you mean the catalog of cruises we’ve been able to scare up a copy until this year.

It is, for us, a superior way to shop for a cruise. The itinerary maps tell you what ports at a glance, deck plans are handy and large....and away you go. We tend to shop by itinerary and if you use the internet that’s a giant pain in the butt. Deck plans online are a pain because you have to scroll around.

I like the printed brochures and have several old ones. I can understand the costs involved though not only to print but to mail or ship. Travel agents and on board ship rarely have them any more. Environmental concerns are also a factor.

Information is usually outdated any way by the time it's printed. Prices have never been particularly helpful as there are too many sales/specials and changes.

I have learned to live without and use phone, computer, tablet or whatever I happen to have available.

• Like 1

I used to love to go to the loyalty desk and take all of the different catalogs for all of the different parts of the world and look at all of the options. I enjoyed those so much. There was something so satisfying about looking through those. I also miss the days of getting your cruise booklet in the mail, complete with luggage tags. Ahh, the good old days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
they don't have them on the ships either. They just list them on a sheet of paper. It's been 2 years since I've been able to get a hard copy brochure from the ship.

We had a hard copy last week while on Navigator

It's 2018. If you're looking for a hardcopy brochure because you find the internet, and all it's access modalities too challenging.... You might want to rethink travel in general.

I would sincerely encourage RCI and every cruise line to completely eliminate the publication of any paper brochures. What a stupid waste that is!

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2018 at 11:07 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

It's 2018. If you're looking for a hardcopy brochure because you find the internet, and all it's access modalities too challenging.... You might want to rethink travel in general.

I would sincerely encourage RCI and every cruise line to completely eliminate the publication of any paper brochures. What a stupid waste that is!

Seriously?.....I build web sites and am an expert with digital media. I still like the paper brochures. If RC had a better website where you can "save" potential cruises when browsing that may help. But until then I like using post-its in a paper brochure. Also, if someone wants a paper brochure they'll drive to a local travel agency and get one....so no real environmental savings. 

26 minutes ago, habsexpos said:

Seriously?.....I build web sites and am an expert with digital media. I still like the paper brochures. If RC had a better website where you can "save" potential cruises when browsing that may help. But until then I like using post-its in a paper brochure. Also, if someone wants a paper brochure they'll drive to a local travel agency and get one....so no real environmental savings. 

Post is from 2018. Very few hard copies any more, including at travel agents.  I am not an expert in digital media and I have no problem saving what I need or writing down in a notebook - surely if you are an expert you should be able to manage!  Brochures were outdated as soon as they were published. 

• Like 3

Hello,

The 'pond life' that is the RCI IT department has left off even the ability to view on-line brochures from the UK website!

Marella, formerly Island Cruises, Thomson, only send out brochures to their own chain of TA shops not others.

Regards,

Cublet

On 1/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, habsexpos said:

You dug up a post from almost two years ago to argue a position that has only become more absurd.  You are "an expert with digital media" but you still need to use "post-its in a paper brochure".

Bye felicia....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...