Mexican Riviera on the Star

tequilamary

I looked on the NCL website to see if there is a wine list posted.

I wasn't able to find it but may have overlooked it. Does anyone know if they post the wine list ? I am thinking I will just take my own wine on & the pay the corkage fee. I will then be drinking my favorites & not paying an exorbitant price for it. Living in the heart of the Sonoma County wine I hate having to spend a lot for wine.

The policy has been around for awhile, but I've never seen it in writing. You pay $15 per bottle corkage fee, no matter where you drink the wine. Keep the receipt they give you when you pay the fee and bring it along with the wine to the dining room as proof that it has been paid.

Only good on wine, no hard alcohol.

:)

MIAMI , November 22, 2005 - Today, Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) announced a revised schedule for Norwegian Star’s Mexican Rivera itineraries. The change is being made because of damage to the forward thrust bearings of the ship’s ABB-manufactured azipod propulsion system. Norwegian Star’s engineers have been running comprehensive inspections on the pod and the results show that a reduction of speed is necessary to prevent further deterioration to the bearings. The issue affects only the speed of the ship not the safe operation of the ship.

Although the ship can still travel at the 20 knot pace that is typical for most big cruise ships, she cannot perform the maximum 25 knots that is a feature of the new NCL ships and that is necessary to operate the published Mexican Riviera itinerary. Therefore the itineraries from Friday, November 25, 2005 through the March 1, 2006 cruise will be amended.

The azipods will be repaired during a newly scheduled dry dock in March 2006; the earliest date the company is able to secure the needed parts and dry-dock availability to conduct the repair. The ship will resume its scheduled high-speed itinerary beginning with the April 2, 2006 cruise. The company sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this change to the itinerary and would like to thank our guests for their patience and understanding.

The new itinerary is as follows:

Day Port Arrive Depart

0 Los Angeles, California 6:00pm

1 At sea - - - -

2 At sea - - - -

3 Manzanillo, Mexico 10:00am 6:00pm

4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 7:00am 6:00pm

5 Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00am 6:00pm

6 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:00am 2:00pm

7 At sea - - - -

8 Los Angeles, California 9:00am

NCL will be offering a $50 per person ($100 per cabin maximum) onboard credit in recognition of any disappointment, that may be caused by this itinerary change. NCL is communicating this change and relevant information to travel agents who have passengers booked on these cruises. NCL has established a special toll-free number to assist with passengers’ questions regarding the itinerary change. The number is 1-800-625-5672.

* Order varies on December 30, 2005 and January 31, 2006 voyages.

Hi Again;) :

Wonder if somebody can tell me if there are pay phones available at the various ports where we can call home (USA)? Also, which telephone card would be the best to use ie. ATT, Sprint, MCI, etc. or do you have to purchase a Mexican card? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. We'll be sailing in six more days! :cool:

Bev

Archived