What year and what ship was your first cruise?

fla gang

1985 SS Norway. I remember how elegant dining was, but not much more as I was only 15.

1994(?) SS Norway. The four things I remember are the elegant dining room (Baked Alaska Flambe served in a choreographed style as the waiters circled the tables), the way the ship pitched in the rough seas, missing a tender port (again, seas), and wondering about the superstition that renaming a ship was bad luck.

First cruise was the Nordic Empress on 07/22/96. I remember at the embarkation day buffet they have King Crab Legs, never seen them again. Now formal nights are more relaxed, few people with the penguin suite. At dinner they make the Cherries jubilee at the side of the table

We paid roughly $649 total for our first cruise, a 7 day Rhapsody of the Seas Inside cabin out of Galveston back in 2004.

The quisine was to die for, the She Crab Soup was my favorite thing. You can't get that now even though I asked for it on Voyager back in 2008 and they made me a special batch of it. The prime rib was unbelievable and did not even resemble the one they dish out now. It was light years better back in the day. The dishes were more favorably presented, in fact, presentation was splendid and has slowly given way to nothing on the plate at all but the food itself.

Even with an inside cabin and spending no extra money on board, that's right, not one penny, you felt way more pampered and important that we do today in our Grand Suites. Sad, but no matter, we still feel somewhat special and will continue to love the cruise life right up until we can no longer walk the gangway.:halo:

1976 Chandris Britanis. Everynight was formal. There was not a buffet on the ship. We rented our deckchairs which were labeled with our cabin number and was placed in the exact spot we had chosen on the first day.

Roundtrip airfare was included with the cruise. On the way down, we checked our luggage at our home airport and didn't see it again until it was at our ship's cabin.

On the way home, after we cleared Customs and Immigration on the pier, our luggage was placed in trucks, taken to the airport and we didn't see it until we reached our home airport.

1988 Emerald Seas. It was a very awkward ship. The dining room was in the middle of the ship so you couldn’t walk from one end to the other without going up and over or down and under. That little three day cruise has cost me a fortune over the years...87 cruises later....

1982 (maybe)...Cunard Countess. After watching "The Love Boat" religiously, I was sure that my stateroom would be decent size, there would be no wind on deck, lily pads would float in the pool at night...and I would find the man of my dreams.......

Late 1970's I had a friend who worked for Cunard Line in NYC and she took me on several cruises on the Cunard Countess and Princess We only had to pay port fees and taxes. We got to go to the crew bar back then. Don't know if you can do that anymore

Late 1970's I had a friend who worked for Cunard Line in NYC and she took me on several cruises on the Cunard Countess and Princess We only had to pay port fees and taxes. We got to go to the crew bar back then. Don't know if you can do that anymore

Loved those days...we went to many crew parties (six cruises on that ship in a couple short years so we made lots of friends); we had officers sit at our dinner table, and still keep in touch with our crew friends. Wow, those were the days!

Loved those days...we went to many crew parties (six cruises on that ship in a couple short years so we made lots of friends); we had officers sit at our dinner table, and still keep in touch with our crew friends. Wow, those were the days!

I saw your post right after I posted mine. It was lots of fun

True first - 1998 Carnival Fantasy 3 day to nassau. We did a package of 4 days disney world and then 3 days cruise for our Honeymoon. While we liked it, we were bored much of the time, and ended up sitting and playing cards with another couple that were also on their honeymoon (we were in each other's weddings).

New First - 2017 JOTS out of San Juan for our 20th anniversary. This is was got us so excited to cruise, and will make us do several more if we can make it work. Went on Allure this year for spring break with the kids, and after going on that, don't plan on small ships again anytime soon due to the limited entertainment.

Nov 1976? - Carnival ? with DM DF & DB - Half the ship was seasick & our cabin flooded. Honeymoon couple who sat next to us at dinner was never at table together because bride was always sick until the last night, the groom was;p

May 2002 - Monarch - Surprise cruise from DH. Will be on Allure in July for 23rd RCI cruise:cool: