Recent opinions of Dream

Have sailed on Dream 5 times - and enjoyed each time - but not since 2015.

We are now looking at doing a Canarian cruise in December and the only option is Dream (did a similar itinerary last year but that was on D2).

We realise she is now an old ship and, for the price, we are not expecting anything special but would appreciate any comments from people who have sailed on Dream recently especially regarding decor, food and entertainment.

Many thanks.

Hated it when I first got on the ship (ex P&O person). Loved it by the end of the first day. Brilliant service and great all round ship. Not much of a wow factor, but staff and crew made it a perfect holiday. Would go on her again tomorrow if I could. Hope you have a great holiday.

PS... Will never go back to P&O now

We were on the Dream for 11 nights at the end of April. It’s was our 8th time and we still prefer the layout to the newer ships especially on deck 8. Was a big choppy when we were in the Atlantic but was fine midships deck 6..Found the entertainment areas very good and would be happy to go back on her. We are tempted by a Adriatic Cruise next next year but concerned about the Celebration. We have been on her a few time several years ago and found the wobble uncomfortable so have still to decide.

We were on the Dream in march ,food was very good,decor ok (didnt see anything bad ) entertainment in theatre was to loud and repetetive ,music etc in bars was very good. Of course only my opinion,everybody expects different, but was a good cruise for us.

Hated it when I first got on the ship (ex P&O person). Loved it by the end of the first day. Brilliant service and great all round ship. Not much of a wow factor, but staff and crew made it a perfect holiday. Would go on her again tomorrow if I could. Hope you have a great holiday.

PS... Will never go back to P&O now

I am an ex P&O and Princess cruiser and have booked our first Marella cruise in November. Can you tell me what was it that you hated about it when you first boarded? I am not expecting luxury but I have had good reports of the entertainment over the years. We are going all inclusive and think this will make a big difference. The big cruise companies are outpricing themselves with the price of drinks and tips, in my opinion. Having everything included should make things more relaxed for me.

Just got off the Dream and the food has definitely improved - been on the ship a number of times previously

The band in Medusa was New Generations - very good There was a trio of very personable boys in Waters Edge called Acoustic Soul who were great and the place was packed every night

A duo of two women - ? in Tides but can't comment on them

The shows were very good as usual

A point to remember though is that the musicians and show team can change either October or January so may not be the same in December

I am an ex P&O and Princess cruiser and have booked our first Marella cruise in November. Can you tell me what was it that you hated about it when you first boarded? I am not expecting luxury but I have had good reports of the entertainment over the years. We are going all inclusive and think this will make a big difference. The big cruise companies are outpricing themselves with the price of drinks and tips, in my opinion. Having everything included should make things more relaxed for me.

I was on Dream, she is an older ship with no "Wow" factor. It was like getting on a car ferry. I had booked a single cabin and it was very small. Looked like staff accommodation. Bit of a shock when I got on board. However, the crew, staff and passenger made the holiday. I went on Discovery the next time, much better ship, again very friendly and brilliant staff and crew.

IMO the best single cabins on Dream are the ones forward on decks 4 and 5. I had 5008 and it was quiet and spacious. 5012 and 5018 were even bigger. next cruise I have booked 5011 on the starboard side.

IMO the best single cabins on Dream are the ones forward on decks 4 and 5. I had 5008 and it was quiet and spacious. 5012 and 5018 were even bigger. next cruise I have booked 5011 on the starboard side.

I think I was in 4008, I loved it when I had got used the a smaller cabin. I think it was one of the smaller ones, but it was ok for me. Loved the sea splashing against the port-hole.

• 2 months later...

Been on a couple of weeks ago. Food was fantastic. Staff all very attentive. Shows amazing, bar singers ....some ok some good.

Cabins clean and tidy, cabin staff great.

Ship could do with bit of TLC in few areas but basically fine.