Have you received complimentary or "upsell" upgrade within last 3 years?

Have you received an upgrade (complimentary) or upsell offer or waitlist for upsell?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Have you received an upgrade (complimentary) or upsell offer or waitlist for upsell?

• Pinnacle_Have received complimentary upgrade within last 3 years
    • Pinnacle_Have received reduced price upsell offer or "waitlist" offer within the last 3 years
    • Pinnacle_Have not received any type upgrade or upgrade offer or waitlist within last 3 years
    • Diamond Plus_Have received complimentary upgrade within last 3 years
    • Diamond Plus_Have received reduced price upsell offer or "waitlist" offer within the last 3 years
    • Diamond Pus_Have not received any type upgrade or upgrade offer or waitlist within last 3 years
    • Emerald/Platinum_Have received complimentary upgrade within last 3 years
    • Emerald/Platin_Have received reduced price upsell offer or "waitlist" offer within the last 3 years
    • Emerald/Platinum_Have not received any type upgrade or upgrade offer or waitlist within last 3 years
    • Gold_Have received complimentary upgrade within last 3 years
    • Gold_Have received reduced price upsell offer or "waitlist" offer within the last 3 years
    • Gold_Have not received any type upgrade or upgrade offer or waitlist within last 3 years
    • I received a complimentary upgrade on my very first cruise with RCCL (in last 3 years)
    • Received a reduced $ upsell or waitlist offer on very first cruise with RCCL (in last 3 years)

Within the last 3 years....Have you or have you not received a complimentary upgrade, a reduced price upgrade, an offer to waitlist for a reduced price upgrade, etc.?

Please complete attached poll. It doesn't offer as many options as I wish but it has the max number of options allowed by CC.

There's no poll attached- Last upgrade was August 2015 from an inside to an OV on the Enchantment- It was an upsell offer but had no price listed on the email so they upgraded us at no cost. Nothing since then

Edited by molly361

There's no poll attached

No poll and no upgrades, upsells, or offers.

Sorry....there is now. It takes a few minutes to create the poll after the thread is created. It would be nice if the thread didn't have to "submit' before the pop-up screen to create the poll options.

Any reason you left out diamond?

Roy

Yep. Obviously I haven't had enough coffee this morning!!!! Since the poll limits the number of options, I meant to combine Emerald/Platinum/ Gold but when I got in to the poll I for some dumb reason left diamond out which then "left room" to split gold out. Dang!!!! I knew the thread had opened while I was trying to type the poll options...so I was rushing!!!! Again, dang dang, dang!!!

Clarea....Can you modify the poll options? If so, please combine E/P/G and put Diamond in as an option.

D+ 8/15, on Jewel, upgraded ourselves from aft balcony to JS, after final payment, less than our balcony so no extra cost and then 10 days before sailing surprised to see new cabin, a grand suite! No cost.

Yep. Obviously I haven't had enough coffee this morning!!!! Since the poll limits the number of options, I meant to combine Emerald/Platinum/ Gold but when I got in to the poll I for some dumb reason left diamond out which then "left room" to split gold out. Dang!!!! I knew the thread had opened while I was trying to type the poll options...so I was rushing!!!! Again, dang dang, dang!!!

Clarea....Can you modify the poll options? If so, please combine E/P/G and put Diamond in as an option.

Sorry, I don't see any options to modify the poll portion.

D+ 8/15, on Jewel, upgraded ourselves from aft balcony to JS, after final payment, less than our balcony so no extra cost and then 10 days before sailing surprised to see new cabin, a grand suite! No cost.

I got a gratuitous unwanted upgrade from an inside to an OV despite the fact that I had 'Do not Upgrade' on my account. Fortunately I saw the email and was able to get my original cabin back. Did not want to go from a unique oversized inside to a standard OV that was 25% smaller just to get a round window. The C&A desk was very helpful in getting this resolved quickly.

We are diamond and cruised in November. We received an automatic upgrade from balcony to jr suite and were shocked! We are set to cruise on the Symphony TA in October and was just offered an upsell to be added to the waitlist from our balcony to jr suite. I was only able to add one to your poll.

Diamond. Booked in an inside guarantee. Received an email 2 days advising I could get a phonemail from RCI offering an upgrade. Got the call yesterday - expected an upsell offer to ocean view. Ocean view was sold out, but got an amazing upsell offer to balcony....and grabbed it. This was the first upgrade of any kind in over 20 cruises with RCI.

You will be disappointed if you're trying to determine the odds of upgrade/upsell as a function of loyalty level since you have no idea of the number of passengers in each loyalty level that respond to this survey.

Definitely not trying to "determine the odds" as I know the odds are slim to none and slim just left the building!:)

Just thought it would be interesting to see the :)"unscientific result".

Definitely not trying to "determine the odds" as I know the odds are slim to none and slim just left the building!:)

Just thought it would be interesting to see the :)"unscientific result".

Glad your doing this survey. It will be interesting.

I did get an upsale on my last Holland Cruise. $750 PP from a Neptune Suite to their top of the line Pinnacle Suite. It was nice but I doubt we would do it again.

To reply to one of the posts...I do not think this was intended, in any way as scientific. The question about upgrades are never ending. Just kinda interesting to see if real live folks have had it happen to them. Thanks for starting the poll.

We are now Diamond Plus with 22 cruises completed. In 2013, we received a call the week before the cruise to upgrade from a balcony to a JS for $200 total. I took it. I believe we were nearly Diamond then but definitely not Diamond Plus. So it does happen but not often.