50's couple, is Silversea for us?

CruiCin

We have tried many "mainstream" cruise lines and are wondering if this might be something we need to consider, as we are just "a little burned out" on what other lines are offering. This is my 1st post as my DH is always the " CD". Also any tips on booking our own air to Barbados from either JAX/FLL/MCO would be appreciated....

Don't consider Silversea...unless the following sounds good to you:

- Sumptuous, spacious stateroom

- On-time room service any time you want it

- A complete feeling of luxury and indlulgence

- Peace and quite, whenever/wherever you'd like it - finding a quiet corner somewhere on deck or one of the lounges is never difficult

- The sense of being very special and very cosseted for the duration of your cruise

- Dining whenever you like (within dining room hours) and alone, or with others, as you please

- The complete obliteration of tipping hassle

- Experiencing an excellent level of care, consideration and service - in an outstanding atmosphere

(Gee...do I sound like a fan??)

I have not done my first Silverseas yet, but I would believe like Radisson, No lines or very small ones. The only line on Radisson I can remember was the clearing of Immigration in San Juan on our stop (not to get off) there. And then they called us down by decks.

• 2 weeks later...
We have tried many "mainstream" cruise lines and are wondering if this might be something we need to consider, as we are just "a little burned out" on what other lines are offering. This is my 1st post as my DH is always the " CD". Also any tips on booking our own air to Barbados from either JAX/FLL/MCO would be appreciated....
We have traveled on Royal Carib., Windstar, Seabourn and Silversea.Taking Royal out of the travel equation for medocrity, I would put Silversea at the bottom of my list. Maybe we had the wrong cruise. I found Silversea to be a stuffier cruise. Personally, the crew and food on Seabourn surpassed Silversea.I guess you could say the entertainment was better on Silversea. Windstar while the food does not equal Seabourn or Silversea is a wonderful experience. This is just my opinion. Pick a destination you prefer and go from there. If you have not traveled Seabourn yet you will probably love Silversea.

Hi CruCin, and welcome!!

I've been on Silversea 3 times and Seabourn 3 times. I would give Silversea the edge over Seabourn. The meals on both are excellent but I would give Silversea higher marks. On both lines, age was not an issue...if the itinerary is a unique, interesting one (the middle east for example) then your fellow passenger is going to be interesting by virtue of the fact they've chosen an itinerary that's not "run of the mill".

Itsally's reply to you is spot on!

One benefit to Silversea is that the larger size of the vessels (though not markedly so) allows you the opportunity to find a quiet place to sit and read or relax undisturbed.

Archived