Crown Loft vs. Grand Suite - Oasis

12:29 am....or so it is once again scheduled for. Has been delayed several times. My favorite rocket launching website:

https://spacecoastlaunches.com/

From what John (of John and Sandy) tells me, Ecko will be back...but not in the SL. He is bartending somewhere else. Not sure why the change...will miss him.

No launches on June 22 via app. Are you guys talking about the launch this June 1? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wish Sandy a Happy Birthday from Hunter, Cindy and I. Wish we were on board to celebrate but will see you in Oct. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Was told by our bartender on our April Oasis cruise that they now rotate every two weeks. He did not say how many bartenders were in the rotation for the Suite Lounge. We are sailing on the Oasis this Sunday. Will try to get more info.

Enjoy your summer.

Keep checking but you made a good choice.

Any cabin on a cruise is better than being at work. Next time you can try the cls! [emoji6]

It will be hard to go back to a non sky class cabin now.

Haha that is something I’m very worried about. However, I’m sure we will somehow survive. I think after this we’ll be making the jump to Celebrity for the next cruise though.

Correct, June 1.

But it will be May 31 for you

No launches on June 22 via app. Are you guys talking about the launch this June 1? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wish Sandy a Happy Birthday from Hunter, Cindy and I. Wish we were on board to celebrate but will see you in Oct. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the birthday wish. I am sure our Genie will have something special planned for her next Tuesday. My daughter and her husband will be joining us in October. They were able to book one the last Owner Suites. One of my golfing buddies and his wife are also joining us. They are in a Crown Loft.

See you in October.

John

See you in October.

Was told by our bartender on our April Oasis cruise that they now rotate every two weeks. He did not say how many bartenders were in the rotation for the Suite Lounge. We are sailing on the Oasis this Sunday. Will try to get more info.

Enjoy your summer.

Drats...just when you get to know them...poof they are gone. Oh well, will have to hunt Ecko down somewhere on the ship. :)

Enjoy your summer also, and Happy Birthday to Sandy! Enjoy your special celebration cruise! :D

Drats...just when you get to know them...poof they are gone. Oh well, will have to hunt Ecko down somewhere on the ship. :)

Enjoy your summer also, and Happy Birthday to Sandy! Enjoy your special celebration cruise! :D

Hopefully John can get us the rotation schedule so I'll know who's up in SL come September. :-)

Enjoy your summer.

We were told that as well. Wonder if that is just Oasis or all ships are now doing this.

Hopefully John can get us the rotation schedule so I'll know who's up in SL come September. :-)

Yup, he is our Oasis go to guy! :D

Would be great if Ecko is on rotation in the SL for our December cruise also! :cool:

Have another chance in January also.

Did you get any damage up there from the tropical storm?

Would be great if Ecko is on rotation in the SL for our December cruise also! :cool:

Most of the rain etc was about an hour East of us. Still, Tyler couldn't play golf so it made for a disappointing weekend. ha!

Most of the rain etc was about an hour East of us. Still, Tyler couldn't play golf so it made for a disappointing weekend. ha!

Uh-oh...but at least the course got a good watering! :D

Happy no damage for you. :)

We've gotten more rain after Alberto left. ha!

I hear ya...we got absolutely dumped on yesterday down here...was a really wicked storm with strong wind gusts also.

More rain for the swamp...glub..glub.. :o:eek:

Question for experience suite guests...I’m looking forward to enjoying coastal kitchen but I also love the MDR, this would be my first time with MTD. Can the concierge assist with reservations or no wait? Or am I SOL and doing it on my own?

Question for experience suite guests...I’m looking forward to enjoying coastal kitchen but I also love the MDR, this would be my first time with MTD. Can the concierge assist with reservations or no wait? Or am I SOL and doing it on my own?

Yes, they can. Just reply to the initial email before you cruise or ask on day 1 when you stop by CK. As a hint CK Kitchen on day one is fantastic for lunch, not too crowded and great food!

At mtd, there is a podium for suite guests. I have walked up to podium and am seated within 5 minutes. You get to bypass the lines for no reservations.

Hi Pat and Bucky,

On the Oasis this week. Was told that bartenders in the non-revenue bars, Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge no longer share in the tip pool with the other bartenders. They only receive the tips we give them during their 2 week rotation.

Could not find out exactly how many bartenders are on the rotation schedule. Three bartenders in the Suite Lounge yesterday provided excellent service.

Sandy now has a new favorite room.

It's your honeymoon the only part you should be concerned with this the bed! ;)

Seriously, if you have the money I would go for bigger room, but only if you can change it to an ocean view. Not having the ocean view would stink because I'd imagine you would want to be comfortable walking around in whatever you want to wear (or not wear) and watching the ocean sail by.

You can always call a luxury travel agent and see if they can get you a different CL room with an ocean view. Sometimes they become available, but if you cannot get it I would stick with the GS as others have mentioned you will have the ability to have private romantic time in your room and not have to worry about everyone on the back of the ship being able to see you.

Enjoy!

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

I should add, that we got a SICK deal on the CLS. We booked it only a little over 2 months before sail date, and had the Kids sail free deal, and paid about $5700 for the 4 of us. If not for that, we wouldn’t have booked it.

WOW, that is a sick deal! We just paid $6,600 for a GS sailing next May (2019) on Symphony also with a KSF deal.

Hi Pat and Bucky,

On the Oasis this week. Was told that bartenders in the non-revenue bars, Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge no longer share in the tip pool with the other bartenders. They only receive the tips we give them during their 2 week rotation.

Could not find out exactly how many bartenders are on the rotation schedule. Three bartenders in the Suite Lounge yesterday provided excellent service.

Sandy now has a new favorite room.

Thanks John, that's very good to know. Yet another reason that we tip with each drink served at the time. Hope to find Ecko somewhere on the ship in December.

Happy belated birthday to Sandy! So, what is her favorite cabin now? I think I remember you really upgraded this time to Star class and have a Genie? Boy talk about getting even more spoiled! :D:cool:

We would have joined you this week (celebrate our mutual birthdays! :)) but we leave on the 10th for Maine...lots to do before we leave.

• 1 month later...
Well final payment has been made on the GS, hoping to see a drop on the CLS, the more I think, the more I want but I can't quite justify the 2k difference right now...

On my 12/2 cruise...the only suite left is the big Royal suite. :(

• 3 weeks later...

CLS price difference dropped to about $700 so I went for the upgrade as a surprise for my future wife. Not an ocean view but maybe I’ll upgrade again as right now thats $200 more which I need for some other wedding stuff. Honestly, shouldn’t be dropping the $700 but we will most likely never do this again and it’s 3 days at sea (played a big factor).