LOS naughty room

after 46 cruises I made it to the naughty room. Sadly we embarked in Galveston and missed getting our wine on Saturday night. I already had some small bottles in my luggage but mispacked the malibu rum bottle. It should have been sideways (less detectable) but it was flat. so no luggage showed up, had to eat in embarkation clothes until I figured out what the problem was. I was "accused" of having 6 bottles of Bacardi, I said "I wish" they wanted my to tell them what I had before opening the luggage. I gave up my Malibu Rum. Interesting how many pieces of luggage I saw for whatever "illegal" stuff was detected, at least 30 pieces of luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

I got called to the naughty room 1 time for a bottle of mouthwash. Showed it to them & then had to lug my case to my cabin. I like the idea from klfrodo. I would definitely try this next time.

My dad got called down there once. I accompanied him because he was a bit nervous. The people working there were totally clueless what each bag was quarantined for. He pulled out a small bottle of whisky and gave it to them. He zipped up his bag and kept the others. [emoji23]. And for those who are going to attack us we always but the drink package. We just like to have a drink in our room so it’s handy to have a small amount with us.

It was crazy what some people had tried to get on. There was a full size blender. Giant wine bottles. A waffle maker, or at least a waffle maker box. Funny stuff

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on Liberty in Jan my luggage was pulled. The only liquid I had was sunscreen I did have three bottles but they were all partial bottles and I figured I would use them all up. Lesson learned just buy one new bottle and use partials at home.

If they take the bag to accuse you of something that may not be true...the least they can do is deliver the bag to your room like they are supposed to do and started out to do.

Simply suggesting that you want them to do their job is not being smug......if they chose to pull the bag and inconvenience you..the least they can do it return the bag........come on now!

Had a backpack/carry on get flagged at check in once.

Security emptied it out and found nothing. Packed it all up and sent in through the detector a second time. Got flagged again. Now there's two security guys searching the thing, and emptied it out. Found nothing. Packed it up, sent it through, and........... yep flagged again.

They eventually sent the empty pack through to pinpoint what was setting off the scanner. Turns out a camping knife had fallen through some worn stitching into the lining in the backpack. I was very apologetic and told em to throw it out.

Moral of the story.... security was just doing their job when they emptied the backpack and ran me through 3 times before finding anything.

The correct response was "I'm grateful you found it. My fault, and I feel a whole lot more secure about going on this ship."

Edited by NateUpNorth

Had a backpack/carry on get flagged at check in once.

Security emptied it out and found nothing. Packed it all up and sent in through the detector a second time. Got flagged again. Now there's two security guys searching the thing, and emptied it out. Found nothing. Packed it up, sent it through, and........... yep flagged again.

They eventually sent the empty pack through to pinpoint what was setting off the scanner. Turns out a camping knife had fallen through some worn stitching into the lining in the backpack. I was very apologetic and told em to throw it out.

Moral of the story.... security was just doing their job when they emtied the backpack and ran me through 3 times before finding anything.

The correct response was "I'm grateful you found it. My fault, and I feel a whole lot more secure about going on this ship."

^^^This. 1000%

I had to go once, but it wasn't the naughty room on the ship. We were in San Juan and one of my bags didn't get delivered. Around 6PM I started to get worried, then found out it was being held. Problem was it wasn't on the ship, but still back on the dock in a security area. I had to debark, find the area, then drag it back on the boat and up to the room.

I had a small pocket knife in my ditty bag. Totally forgot it was in there.....security asked what was in my bag, and I told them I honestly didn't know, I wasn't trying to smuggle anything onto the ship. They told me where in my bag the item was but wouldn't tell me what it was. I had to open the bag, dump out the ditty bag contents on a table in front of them. Only then I realized they were talking about the pocket knife.

They bagged it up and gave me a claim number for it for when we got back to port at the end of the cruise so I could retrieve it. I firmly believed that I'd never see it again, but to their word they were honest. They gave it back to me when we debarked.

I normally wouldn't have cared about something small like that, but the pocket knife was my wife's grandfathers knife. He gave it to me before he passed away several years ago and has a lot of sentimental value.

Zero need to act like a smug ass yourself for security doing their jobs.

You would probably be the first one to whine and complain if they let something through.

I could give a rats fart what you smuggle in.

Security could have treated me with a level of professionalism and dignity but they chose to treat me like a little kid caught with their hand in the candy jar. They could have said thank you. They could have said they were sorry for wasting my time and offered to bring my luggage to my cabin. But, No, they glared and acted like I had wasted THEIR time. Screw em. I owe them nothing.

On a recent Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral, husband had a small pocket knife (was attached to a money clip, really didn't even think about it) that was confiscated at security check in. No big deal, what was amazing was the stuff we saw when we went to claim it upon leaving the port at the end of the cruise. A full size machete, multiple large hunting knives, a crock pot, a hot plate, blender and too many irons to count.

One of my friends got caught at security in Galveston with a full clip. She had been out target shooting a few days before the cruise. She took the gun out of the bag before she packed for the cruise but forgot about the clip.

She was highly embarrassed and kept apologizing to the police officer (security is required to call the cops if they find weapons or ammunition). He shrugged and said "It's Texas." Apparently they usually find a minimum of 10 guns or clips during screening for each cruise.

My 8th cruise, but my companion's first - I had tried to share all the intelligence I could with her before she packed. Lo and behold my luggage showed up but her bag never did. We finally received a note that if we didn't claim her bag by 8 PM we would have to go to guest service. It was 7:58! We flew down to the naughty room with me relentlessly teasing her about being caught her first time. Bags were still there when we arrived - spotted hers and they asked her what she had in it. Turns out she had been so concerned about the limited number of outlets in the room she brought an extension cord. They offered her a tag to reclaim it but she told them to keep it. My companion, the smuggler!

One of my friends got caught at security in Galveston with a full clip. She had been out target shooting a few days before the cruise. She took the gun out of the bag before she packed for the cruise but forgot about the clip.

She was highly embarrassed and kept apologizing to the police officer (security is required to call the cops if they find weapons or ammunition). He shrugged and said "It's Texas." Apparently they usually find a minimum of 10 guns or clips during screening for each cruise.

:eek::eek::eek:

Ten is alot really. I mean if one has a license to carry, one should know that guns will not pass through detectors of any kind. Having said this, I do feel really, really naked & vulnerable each time I'm not carrying. as I carry everywhere I go when stateside.

Ten is alot really. I mean if one has a license to carry, one should know that guns will not pass through detectors of any kind. Having said this, I do feel really, really naked & vulnerable each time I'm not carrying. as I carry everywhere I go when stateside.

It's probably not that they don't know it won't pass through, it's that they didn't think about it being there because it's always there.

I got called to the naughty room for a bottle of shampoo. I usually pack new toiletries so that I don't have to remember to get them out of the shower before we leave the house and I'm going to use them anyway... So I went to Target and they had the HUGE mondo economy size bottle of my shampoo on clearance. SCORE!

I think the entire security group laughed when I said "Of course you can open it and smell it, it's shampoo!" and it really was shampoo. The group in front of me had 5 full size bottles of "Listerine".

My wife did something similar, but at the Harris County courthouse. She took her concealed carry out of her purse, but forgot the extra magazine. The security guys did not have a sense of humor about, but did let her take it back to the truck.

JB

For our last cruise, a transatlantic, we were carrying a full bottle of whisky, engraved, as a gift for a friend in England. I had it in my carryon with the intention of turning it in and avoiding the naughty room. Security didn't catch it, no one noticed, so we took it to the room and put it in the safe until we disembarked. It was quite a surprise to us that it wasn't caught at the port.

For our last cruise, a transatlantic, we were carrying a full bottle of whisky, engraved, as a gift for a friend in England. I had it in my carryon with the intention of turning it in and avoiding the naughty room. Security didn't catch it, no one noticed, so we took it to the room and put it in the safe until we disembarked. It was quite a surprise to us that it wasn't caught at the port.

It fit in the safe?!??!

Exactly!!! Felt the same in Disney this past winter.

#2A