WWYD Babies in Haven Pool/Hot tub

Rileyz

Currently on Jewel in haven. Signs at both pool and hot tub say no diapers or non potty trained children. Bruno the concierge was contacted about babies in pool/hot tub in swim diapers, the guest flipped out and has now proceeded to have the children (age 2/3 and under) swim and go in hot tub regardless and now without diapers. So pool and hot tub are not useable IMO. She said “she paid a lot for this cruise”. I guess the rest of us won our trip on a game show. So my question is, who do we contact next? Thx

Disgusting . I would contact the hotel manager( I think that’s the title) . Do it ASAP. What an inconsiderate idiot. Bruno needs to man up and confront this head on again even in the face of flipping out.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would not want to be in this situation and it's not your fight, OP. This needs to be taken care of by ship's officers and quickly.

Plus, both the hot tub and the pool need a thorough cleansing/shocking to ensure it's safe to use again.

Here's the website regarding Vessel Sanitation Program:

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/

If that doesn't solve the issue, let them know you will be glad to let the VSP program know as well. You could even take a few pictures for them.
I don't agree with saying anything to the offending person, just go directly to the Hotel Director, because if you don't go, how will they ever find out since the Concierge is to afraid of losing his tip to address the issue. I would, however, take a picture and if it is not solved, send it to corporate upon your return, as this person is risking the health of everyone who steps in that pool.

Let us know how it turns out.

I don't agree with saying anything to the offending person, just go directly to the Hotel Director, because if you don't go, how will they ever find out since the Concierge is to afraid of losing his tip to address the issue. I would, however, take a picture and if it is not solved, send it to corporate upon your return, as this person is risking the health of everyone who steps in that pool.

Pictures, pictures, pictures! If nothing else it will help prove the point when you get back and get hold of corporate

...since the Concierge is to afraid of losing his tip to address the issue.

The concierge would likely lose more tips by not fixing the issue. Every other Haven guest may suffer because of 1 Haven guest.

On the flip side, it's possible that the 1 guest thinks that without diapers, they are no longer doing anything wrong.

Pictures, pictures, pictures! If nothing else it will help prove the point when you get back and get hold of corporate

Probably stating the obvious here but you should probably think twice about taking pictures of someones unclothed children. Let the officers in the Chain of Command handle it.

I never said to say something to the offending passenger. I was referring to if speaking with the hotel director doesn't resolve the issue.

Plus I would not wait until I got off, but I would address it immediately with corporate and the CDC if not immediately resolved.

Now, a good point was raised. If the children truly are completely naked, taking pictures of them could be risky. I would think the person taking them could do so legally, but it could very easily lead to more trouble than its worth.

I'm glad you stated it b/c it is not obvious to some folks....

Yes, Unclothes no......diapers I don't see an issue. Hopefully for the OP it wouldn't have to come to that. NCL doesn't seem to handle things like this too well

We'll need more info (possibly pictures :D) from the OP. I didn't read it as the child was naked. I just figured that the child was previously in a swimsuit with diapers and is now in a swimsuit without diapers.

Exactly what I took it to mean as well.

Yes, now swimsuit without diapers. Hotel director has been called and his response was less then stellar. Seemed annoyed but said he’d look into it. He tried to tell it’s ok if they have on swim pants if they are potty trained. At 1 and 2+ they are not, which is obvious by the diapers they wear 24/7. I don’t like that they make me seem like the bad guy. It’s gross, against rules and I’m not comfortable using that hot tub now.

Yes, now swimsuit without diapers. Hotel director has been called and his response was less then stellar. Seemed annoyed but said he’d look into it. He tried to tell it’s ok if they have on swim pants if they are potty trained. At 1 and 2+ they are not, which is obvious by the diapers they wear 24/7. I don’t like that they make me seem like the bad guy. It’s gross, against rules and I’m not comfortable using that hot tub now.

I wouldn't use it either. I'm sorry this is having a negative impact on your cruise. I hope you can find other ways to enjoy it.

Wishing you a better cruise experience going forward.

Since you have internet, take some pictures, use the link earlier to the CDC and send it to them. Then forget about it and enjoy the rest of your cruise. You will have taken action while on the cruise so NCL can't swept it under the rug and forget about it. But if you dwell on it, it can easily ruin the rest of your cruise.

They should comp you Thermal Spa passes

I would send a picture to corporate immediately if the Hotel Director doesn't do something to correct the issue asap and let them know that you will be sending the picture and all the information about trying to have someone on this ship correct the issue to the CDC upon your return.

fdelrio@ncl.com

astuart@ncl.com

This is totally unacceptable by NCL to allow a non-potty trained child in a swimming pool or hot tub.

I would send a picture to corporate immediately if the Hotel Director doesn't do something to correct the issue asap and let them know that you will be sending the picture and all the information about trying to have someone on this ship correct the issue to the CDC upon your return.

fdelrio@ncl.com

astuart@ncl.com

This is totally unacceptable by NCL to allow a non-potty trained child in a swimming pool or hot tub.

Here's one other..... Vivian Ewart VEWART@ncl.com

When addressing a complaint, I get the best results when I provide a specific deadline for action before escalation.

I'm afraid that if you email any of the Miami people your email won't be read in time to help.

If it were me, I'd deadline the hotel director with a promise to escalate to USPHS and CDC. Last thing they want is a surprise USPHS inspection upon return to a US port.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I've dealt with unruly/classless passengers in the Haven, on a couple of sailings. That's why I refuse to spend the money for the Haven anymore.

Good luck.