40th anniversary in November

Janie1111

have been on 9 Princess cruises. Feeling it’s time for a change. Would like something very special that doesn’t cost a fortune. Any ideas?

Can also be a land destination. Thanks:)

Not knowing budget or interests, take this for what it's worth;):

Your location is listed as Seattle, which I've heard is beautiful. Maybe check Trip Advisor for things to do in your area that you might not have considered - easy to miss great finds even when you live there - and stay at a nice bed and breakfast or luxury hotel while you explore your local treasures.

Congratulations on 40 years <3

Edited by pacruise804
add congrats

we too are @ 40 this year

and doing Viking Ocean's "midnight sun" trip in celebration .... 14 nights London to Bergen. Adding some time on either side too, esp on the back side where we'll do "Norway in a nutshell" Bergen Flam Oslo b4 heading home.

have been on 9 Princess cruises. Feeling it’s time for a change. Would like something very special that doesn’t cost a fortune. Any ideas?

Can also be a land destination. Thanks:)

Not knowing your previous cruise destinations, being based in Seattle, you could easy board one of the Alaska cruises from either Seattle or Vancouver. You can include a land tour to Denali. Other option in the Fall is a re-positioning departing Vancouver/Seattle through the Canal.

Congratulations on reaching 40, a milestone we reach in 2020, and in celebration are signed up for another World Cruise. Having worked and cruised with Princess for almost 40 years, we have also moved on and are trying Viking Ocean for our next cruise. I note Viking has a ship coming to Alaska for 2019.

Have you considered a river cruise in Europe? Very relaxing and you visit beautiful special places.

I think you forgot the OP requirement that it doesn't cost a fortune. O ther wise, I totally agree with your assessment. :)

I think you forgot the OP requirement that it doesn't cost a fortune. O ther wise, I totally agree with your assessment. :)

There’s way to save money on River Cruises. I’ve taken three and read the RC board daily.

1. Go Aquarium Class ( cruise Critic members label. lol) You save literally $2,000 per couple. I’ve done this twice.

2. Go in shoulder season.

3. Look for special incentives such as free air

offered by various lines.

4. Find a travel agent who offers cash incentives.

5. Consider a Value brand such as Grand Circle Travel

There’s way to save money on River Cruises. I’ve taken three and read the RC board daily.

1. Go Aquarium Class ( cruise Critic members label. lol) You save literally $2,000 per couple. I’ve done this twice.

2. Go in shoulder season.

3. Look for special incentives such as free air

offered by various lines.

4. Find a travel agent who offers cash incentives.

5. Consider a Value brand such as Grand Circle Travel

Thank you...that is good advice I was not aware of some of the info you provide. I will check it out. :D

Maui Kai Condos on Maui. Should be a direct flight to OGG from Seatac. We spent our 40th there for 10 days and it was just the right amount of time. Cheaper than a crowded hotel. private pool, wifi , bbq pit and a grocery across the highway to buy your steaks and wine.

Have you thought about a trans-Atlantic cruise beginning in Europe? Trans-Atlantics tend to be cost effective, and you'll have plenty of time to relax and celebrate your anniversary on the sea days before reaching your US port. We're doing our 4th in 4 years, so I speak from experience. BTW, Happy Anniversary in advance!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)