what are my options if the price I paid for 2A cabin is now reduced ???

joylikes2shop

In April 2018, I booked my 'dream' cruise which departs in June 2018. This will be my 3rd Celebrity Cruise ( having also cruised twice before with Royal Caribbean) I booked a 2A category balcony room, as part of a promotion which gave me a drinks package plus $300 on board credit. I paid approx £5000/$6600 ( for 2 people) but having checked the price tonight I see the same category of cabin, a few doors from our current room, as part of the same deal, is £700 / $900 cheaper.

Any suggestions of what options I have to negotiate a refund of the difference, or at least a cabin upgrade or on

board credit options ??

Many thanks.

Joy from Ireland

As a general rule, you cannot get a price adjustment after final payment. Sounds like you've well passed that. Be happy with the cabin you got at the price you paid -- and enjoy your cruise.

Cruise lines often offer deep discounts to sell remaining cabins close to the sailing date. They are for new bookings only -- unless things are different outside the US.

You most likely want to call ASAP to see what, if anything, they will do for you.

If the price goes up, you may lose out on any benefit, including upgrade, if possible.

bon voyage

Just of note, when you see these last minute prices that are offered, they usually (not always ... but usually) do NOT include any perks. You can always check to see if they are included and if so, call and find out if you can upgrade your cabin type without losing your perks.

$900 less but losing your perks?? Not such a deal as I would rather not lose them for that price. But, if there is an upgrade available, even if you have to pay a little more and you are able to keep everything else, then maybe that would be worth your while.

Just of note, when you see these last minute prices that are offered, they usually (not always ... but usually) do NOT include any perks. You can always check to see if they are included and if so, call and find out if you can upgrade your cabin type without losing your perks.

$900 less but losing your perks?? Not such a deal as I would rather not lose them for that price. But, if there is an upgrade available, even if you have to pay a little more and you are able to keep everything else, then maybe that would be worth your while.

Thank you as I did not think of that as I was typing... very valid point.

bon voyage

Rules are different when living in the UK. As others have said...best to call.

Something to consider: What is the next category up going for? Would you even want to upgrade for little or nothing if you could. You may not like the locations of the next category of cabins.

BTW - We were in Belfast this past month. I just wanted to say that I thought the countryside was the prettiest I have ever seen! Beautiful hills, lovely architecture and lets not forget the farm animals. :*That's saying a lot since I live in a mountainous area and also have beautiful views from my home. ;)

Thanks for replies so far.

This cruise is my 'Dream Cruise' so I will enjoy it, it's just extremely frustrating to find that the price has dropped so much in a month. The perks we got when we booked last month,are still available at the reduced price.

The UK call centers are closed just now, so I've sent an email for what its worth.

This will be our 3rd cruise with Celebrity, having also cruised with Royal Caribbean a couple of times in the past too. We've never had a problem with either of these cruise lines before, and no doubt will use them in the future too ( no point 'cutting off our noses' right ?!?!) its just a bit annoying to see how much we've over paid.

rules are different when living in the uk. As others have said...best to call. will do tomorrow :):)

something to consider: What is the next category up going for? Would you even want to upgrade for little or nothing if you could. You may not like the locations of the next category of cabins. valid point, i'll see if if this is even an option

btw - we were in belfast this past month. I just wanted to say that i thought the countryside was the prettiest i have ever seen! Beautiful hills, lovely architecture and lets not forget the farm animals. :*that's saying a lot since i live in a mountainous area and also have beautiful views from my home. ;)

i probably saw your ship from my house (i'm up in the hills with views over belfast lough) ...belfast definitely has a lot to offer now, i'm glad to hear you had such a positive experience :-)

As a rule, it's better for one's mental health to stay away from looking at prices after final payment. :)

My DH always tells me this. It doesn't happen too often but when I see something cheaper than what I paid for it, I do get a little miffed.

Have you ever bought a coat and then found the same coat on sale two weeks later? It's what happens with unsold inventory. Of course a cruise is a lot more money than a coat, but the same principle applies. If you were happy with the price you paid on the day you paid it, then let it go.

Of course, with cruises, the price could just as easily go up. I'm sure you won't be volunteering to pay the difference! So just let it go. It does no good to be concerned about it.

As dad says "I'm not a mental health professional, nor do I play one on TV, I'm just trying to knock some sense into you"

If you booked with a TA, sometimes they can do a little something extra for you. If not, you can always ask Celebrity directly. They will NOT reduce the price of your overall cruise, but they might give you some extra OBC to keep you happy. But, as others have said, just be happy with what you bought (you obviously were excited about it when you bought it), and wishing you smooth sailing.

It recently happened to us on an upcoming cruise ( very soon) where I noticed the “sale price” after final payment significantly lower than what I had paid. So, I contacted my TA, by email, “just in case”.

I did not have high expectations because it was after final payment, just a hope. Who knows what would happen, right?

As expected, my TA informed me that a refund was not possible; however, to my great surprise and pleasure, we were provided a significant cabin upgrade.

I really feel like I won loto cruise update! Wow!

I am very thankful to Celebrity and my TA and really look forward to this new experience! So, asking nicely, sometimes, may be once in a million, can result in a positive outcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with checking the other levels - I was able to trade up probably two levels without any added cost on one cruise. I'm not even sure what my level went for, I was just looking at the upgrade pricing. I was really happy!

The cruise we're on in July went down in price. I called, and could have upgraded to Aqau for no charge. Instead, I paid a bit more for the room and a bit more more to keep our perks, and went to an S2 Sky Suite.

I'm with my sister, and I don't think she'd like the food in Blu, but in Luminae, she can order off the main menu if she wants. (S class)

It recently happened to us on an upcoming cruise ( very soon) where I noticed the “sale price” after final payment significantly lower than what I had paid. So, I contacted my TA, by email, “just in case”.

I did not have high expectations because it was after final payment, just a hope. Who knows what would happen, right?

As expected, my TA informed me that a refund was not possible; however, to my great surprise and pleasure, we were provided a significant cabin upgrade.

I really feel like I won loto cruise update! Wow!

I am very thankful to Celebrity and my TA and really look forward to this new experience! So, asking nicely, sometimes, may be once in a million, can result in a positive outcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I noticed that my upcoming cruise had a significant reduction and so I did a ‘just in case’ email to my TA. Very polite I thought but 3 weeks later not even had the courtesy of a reply. I will think twice before booking with them again.

I noticed that my upcoming cruise had a significant reduction and so I did a ‘just in case’ email to my TA. Very polite I thought but 3 weeks later not even had the courtesy of a reply. I will think twice before booking with them again.

Pauline,

If that is the same cruise we are on - 'balcony' was sold out but now that final payment time has come all available balcony staterooms are showing today on the website as guarantee - a risk maybe?

Pity that the TA has not responded though.

Waggie

The cruise we're on in July went down in price. I called, and could have upgraded to Aqau for no charge. Instead, I paid a bit more for the room and a bit more more to keep our perks, and went to an S2 Sky Suite.

I'm with my sister, and I don't think she'd like the food in Blu, but in Luminae, she can order off the main menu if she wants. (S class)

As said in this thread already, the poster is from Northern Ireland and thus different rules to those you have.

I'm afraid you'll be out of luck with a price adjustment or upgrade.

Phil

I would call on the phone. That is poor customer service.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Have you ever bought a coat and then found the same coat on sale two weeks later? It's what happens with unsold inventory. Of course a cruise is a lot more money than a coat, but the same principle applies. If you were happy with the price you paid on the day you paid it, then let it go.

In the US, did you know that you can take your receipt into most places and get a refund in the price difference if within a certain number of days of your original purchase? Some places it's within 10 days, and some 30 days! I frequently comparison shop and check pricing of times I have purchased. DH and I received a significant refund from Best Buy on a TV and other components when they were advertised at a lower price from what we had purchased them for 2 weeks before.:) It was enough to purchase a TV sound bar and some computer equipment. :D

I agree with Phil. This has happened to us and in the past it was possible to get some kind of benefit nowadays Celebrity in the UK will not offer either an upgrade or refund.

They might not offer, but if the price is the same or a little more to upgrade and pay the difference, can't you ask?

misprint - I would not have waited 3 weeks. Send another or call. Sometimes emails get lost. Was this a well known, big box TA?

Sadly there is a world of difference between the benefits for cruisers in the US and the UK, we basically get nothing regardless of what happens after we have paid our money.

They might not offer, but if the price is the same or a little more to upgrade and pay the difference, can't you ask?

misprint - I would not have waited 3 weeks. Send another or call. Sometimes emails get lost. Was this a well known, big box TA?

Honestly, there’s no point. It’s the policy here and they won’t budge.

Phil

We had the same issue not after final payment but the week we booked, the cruise went down, Celebrity in the UK would not budge I cancelled and re-booked losing £300 deposit but still ended up with a saving and a better cabin.