Balcony room to Junior Suite Upgrade on Harmony

My rule of thumb for booking JS. No more than $200 pp per night in JS. If more than that, no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice, and usually at the bottom end of what I pay for a JS for a 7 night cruise.

Unfortunately those prices are slipping away on many ships, and impossible for Harmony.

Interesting info and good to know.

We were able to upgrade to a junior suite for our upcoming Oasis cruise in July. Moved up from a boardwalk balcony. Total for two is about $3,200.00. Sounds like we did pretty well!

We were able to upgrade to a junior suite for our upcoming Oasis cruise in July. Moved up from a boardwalk balcony. Total for two is about $3,200.00. Sounds like we did pretty well!

Oasis is cheaper to book than Harmony. And another reason I am not happy with Harmony replacing Oasis here in PC. :(

For what I paid for our three upcoming Oasis cruises (before she leaves us) I was able to book two of them in a GS at about the same price of a JS on Harmony. :o

Great price for summer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our rule....

A JS is worth an extra $50 a day total over a balcony. On a 7 day no more than $350 extra. We seem to only find that our rule works on Transatlantic's now (we paid an extra $748 to sail in a JS on our upcoming 16 night Brilliance TA). The JS category has become very popular.

I think Royal would have to give me a free cruise to sail on Harmony during the summer though....[emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Our rule....

A JS is worth an extra $50 a day total over a balcony. On a 7 day no more than $350 extra. We seem to only find that our rule works on Transatlantic's now (we paid an extra $748 to sail in a JS on our upcoming 16 night Brilliance TA). The JS category has become very popular.

I think Royal would have to give me a free cruise to sail on Harmony during the summer though....[emoji41]

I thought you didn't cruise Oasis class anyway. [emoji6]

FWIW, a JS on Oasis or Quantum is worth a little more than on other classes.

Coastal Kitchen, many have huge balconies, priority security lane

Never done Coastal Kitchen but I hear it's fantastic. I always have a huge aft balcony anyways.

After spending 28 nights on Harmony....we've decided to spend our cruise dollars on the smaller ships while Royal still has them.

Harmony (Oasis Class) is still better than a stick in the eye......lol

CK and SL....the reason I make Bucky cringe when I book GS cabins as he gets that pinch in his wallet. :eek::cool:

We are on the Harmony June 23rd and got a Suite guarantee for three, that includes grats for two and $125 OBC, for $4777. We originally wanted to sail the end of July but the cost was outrageous, almost $8k. I was hoping for an upgrade but am happy with my hump Jr. Suite and the savings over picking my own cabin.

We paid $3004 for two on our September

30, 2017 Harmony sailing.

We booked a JR. suite on the Harmony and didn't pay that much more for the Jr. Suite- As previously stated, keep checking. Book what you want now and if the price changes either upgrade or if you originally booked a JR. suite your fare will be lowered as long as you didn't pay in full. During holiday periods, you will pay more then a non-peak period. However IMO we enjoy the extra room and the ability to have dinner in the suite restaurant nightly. So it depends on your preferences and budget.

Yikes!! Keep checking back on prices though, I had three price drops that I took advantage of for my Dec. 2019 Harmony cruise.

Final

Payment was yesterday so we are now locked in. Prices are still higher than when we booked. I check every day hoping for a misprint on the CL prices....!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk