Need to go thru immigration when returning to Amsterdam from Norway cruise?

I have a 2 week cruise to Norway from Amsterdam on HAL next week. Will I need to go thru immigration when returning from the cruise? Last year we did a British Isles cruise (also out of Amsterdam) and there was no immigration, we just walked off the ship and got our luggage. Very convenient!

I have done many European cruises and never had to go through immigration at the end

I suppose that it is possible that some itineraries may require it, but I have never found one. That includes cruises going to Norway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done many European cruises and never had to go through immigration at the end

I suppose that it is possible that some itineraries may require it, but I have never found one. That includes cruises going to Norway.

Thanks, that is good to hear. I originally didn't think there would be, but until last week I thought that Norway was part of the EU :).

I wanted to know because my plan was to walk off the ship, hopefully around 7:30am and get a cab to the airport. Having to deal with immigration would have complicated things.

Thanks, that is good to hear. I originally didn't think there would be, but until last week I thought that Norway was part of the EU :).

Immigration is not EU but Related to the Schengen area. Norway is part of Schengen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Immigration is not EU but Related to the Schengen area. Norway is part of Schengen.

As is the Netherlands, so you wouldn't go through immigration flying between the two either.

It is possible to have immigration checks between Schengen countries (sometimes there are spot checks or additional security due to specific threats), but it is extremely unlikely. Also, since you will be traveling through international waters, the ship does need to be cleared upon reaching port, and it's possible that this could include the passengers, but it usually does not.

So short answer is: It's very, very unlikely.